IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, madmanxpilot said:

It seems that the ‘pivot’ from elimination to mitigation is going to happen between May and August.

The pivot from elimination to face-saving mitigation was when Isle of Man lost control.

Elimination was the best thing in the world - literally - until it was lost.

• Like 1

Just now, Barlow said:

The pivot from elimination to face-saving mitigation was when Isle of Man lost control.

Can someone find the first reference to elimination last year?

Because it sure as eggs is eggs wasn't their plan initially. It happened by accident and then they liked the glory and continued to try and bask in it.

Now they make out it was always the plan and it really wasnt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Hardly anyone from CRH is getting tested.  Only "high risk contacts" who have been directly contacted.

Yes, same for the cases I know of at RGS, It’s been a week now and they decided not to test the year groups and instead see what symptomatic cases come forward (very few from all accounts), it appears if a location is released everyone wants a test, if you stop releasing location data people just carry on as normal.

Just now, Barlow said:

What’s happening now is all part of that elimination process. The aim is still to get back to zero in the community. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

When it comes to hospital cases, is this people in hospital due to Covid symptoms or is this just people being picked up by being tested before surgery or being admitted to a ward? Ie more likely to be Asymptomatic cases?

I read 2 people saying on facebook (so have to take it with a pinch of salt) say their relatives were in hospital for something other than covid and tested positive during a routine test. A day or so later the number dropped from I think 8 to 6 in hospital 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Can someone find the first reference to elimination last year?

Because it sure as eggs is eggs wasn't their plan initially. It happened by accident and then they liked the glory and continued to try and bask in it.

Now they make out it was always the plan and it really wasnt

Yes, elimination as a policy kind of snuck in through the back door after LD1 last year, I think.  I remember it being referred to and thinking "that's never been referred to before because we are not Brig-a-fecking-doon".  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, elimination as a policy kind of snuck in through the back door after LD1 last year, I think.  I remember it being referred to and thinking "that's never been referred to before because we are not Brig-a-fecking-doon".  

Fairly certain there was an interview with DA last year at some point where he said elimination was not possible. Think Mr Josem may have tweeted it recently?

19 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

What’s happening now is all part of that elimination process. The aim is still to get back to zero in the community. 

That may never now happen. Control has gone. Mitigation is the hedge.

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Elimination was the policy everywhere at the start. It was only once the penny dropped that that wasn't really possible that mitigation became the new buzz word.

Anyway, for now, I would certainly rather live in the metaphorical brigadoon - even if it means wearing tartan trews - than Covid hell.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Elimination was the policy everywhere at the start. It was only once the penny dropped that that wasn't really possible that mitigation became the new buzz word.

Anyway, for now, I would certainly rather live in the metaphorical brigadoon - even if it means wearing tartan trews - than Covid hell.

No, the original policy was to flatten the curve and protect the NHS. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Especially given that there were daily briefings (sometimes week-round) last year.  I think Quayle is now too scared to face the media and too insecure to let anyone else do it.  There are all sorts of things that need asking or making clear to the public, yet no will to communicate during what looks to be a far worse outbreak than a year ago.

Quayle has every reason to be insecure about anyone else doing it - I’d nominate my neighbour’s 9 year old grandson to make a better fist of it....actually, on reflection there’s no need to send for the lad...my neighbour has a rather bright spaniel.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Cambon said:

Correct! You can believe as much on the Mannin Line as you can here!

Wrong. The callers to ML are certifiable. Much better class of nut job here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4