IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

55 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Hardly anyone from CRH is getting tested.  Only "high risk contacts" who have been directly contacted.

Is it not high risk contacts of all year seven students, plus 7 day tests for previously isolating people, plus travel related isolation. Hopefully, no new community cases. 

So the figures went 50(odd), 71, 110, 89, 74. Past the peak, perhaps? 

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Is it not high risk contacts of all year seven students, plus 7 day tests for previously isolating people, plus travel related isolation. Hopefully, no new community cases. 

It isn’t 8 o'clock yet. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Quayle has every reason to be insecure about anyone else doing it - I’d nominate my neighbour’s 9 year old grandson to make a better fist of it....actually, on reflection there’s no need to send for the lad...my neighbour has a rather bright spaniel.

Given its look of droopy-eyed dismay, we though the spaniel would fit in better at DHSC.  They won't notice the difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

we are not Brig-a-fecking-doon".  

It was and remains a sensible policy. Despite the sweary Karens.

41 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, the original policy was to flatten the curve and protect the NHS. 

AFAIK that was the failed UK policy. The island consciously wasn't following that policy and quite right too. We were far more looking to what was working in Faroes, Iceland and New Zealand. I'm pleased that we were but disappointed that it has gone wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Elimination worked for us and compared to the rest of the world  it worked very well thank you.

But you do understand elimination could only ever be a temporary strategy. It was always going to come back no matter what we did. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

A lot of those may be people who have already tested positive and will be due a day 13 test. They are included in the number of people waiting for a test

Doesn't work I'm afraid.  There were only about  35 active cases a fortnight ago., which doesn't make much dent in that 498.  And frankly I'm not sure they're organised enough at the moment to be offering 13 day tests to those recovering. 

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

There was talk at one stage of them releasing data showing positive cases based on first part of postcode (Ie IM1, IM2, IM8) I see that also fell by the wayside.

It wouldn't have made much difference because the Island is so mobile.  Someone has however got round to sorting out the age and gender analysis (up to 8th):

https://covid19.gov.im/media/1466/age-gender-travelhistory-data.csv

and rather worryingly it shows another 9 cases over 64 plus 1 over 80.  The good thing about this (and the January) outbreak was that the older cohorts had been spared almost completely till now.

22 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Not so I'm afraid, it's a function of fewer tests being done:

71/499;

81/621

108 (not 110, they lied)/760

87/648

75/559

it's fairly consistently 13-14% positive each day.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

But you do understand elimination could only ever be a temporary strategy. It was always going to come back no matter what we did. 

No you're wrong. Provided we keep the borders largely closed until everyone has been vaccinated. And lockdowns if it gets through.

People are much too impatient about opening up early. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, CowMan said:

(this is one of those **sigh** moments)

Yes, yes, yes, of course I understand. Particularly if you say so.

The Isle of Man (Gov) needs to be in control of 'it' not the other way round. We were in control and we had the upper hand.

Had.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

No you're wrong. Provided we keep the borders largely closed until everyone has been vaccinated. And lockdowns if it gets through.

People are much too impatient about opening up early. 

Everyone should be vaccinated by the end of May so you agree then that from the end of May we should be opening up for travel from what you have said?