IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I think Gladys that the moment they start insulting you and constantly trying to undermine your posts in a targeted way it’s a sign that you’ve probably hit the right points.

Gladys maybe. But it would probably be a mistake for you to apply that perspective to your random outbursts. You're chalk and cheese.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

It was and remains a sensible policy. Despite the sweary Karens.

AFAIK that was the failed UK policy. The island consciously wasn't following that policy and quite right too. We were far more looking to what was working in Faroes, Iceland and New Zealand. I'm pleased that we were but disappointed that it has gone wrong. 

When was this "policy" first made public?

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Gladys maybe. But it would probably be a mistake for you to apply that perspective to your random outbursts. You're chalk and cheese.

Oh it continues. You’re a poor act really. You seem to take your views (and yourself) awfully seriously considering their actual content 👍

6 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Oh it continues. You’re a poor act really. You seem to take your views (and yourself) awfully seriously considering their actual content 👍

Straight question: What have some of your previous usernames here been?

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, pongo said:

Mostly just you and people like you.

Ask to talk to the manager.

Even Lewin said this afternoon there was growing annoyance and dissatisfaction in the masses.  That was in a round about way after Dr Hewitt completely dodged it by saying she had been too busy working to notice.

You are really in the minority here.  I have said it before but I am intrigued as to which circles you move in where you are surrounded by people who share your views.

Even the nations station is noticeably turning over the last few weeks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Chris Thomas was right, this is no place for a narcissistic government approach. HQ needs to step down. They will have contingency plans in place for this eventuality. If he doesn’t  then the government are going to lose the hearts and minds of the Island. 

That’s a really good post but HQ is only half of the problem just as big an issue seems to be the tunnel vision autocratic policy and influence of the Chief Secretary and the Cabinet Office. And none of them are elected or accountable to us. 

Edited by CowMan
Added sentence
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Even Lewin said this afternoon there was growing annoyance and dissatisfaction in the masses.  That was in a round about way after Dr Hewitt completely dodged it by saying she had been too busy working to notice.

You are really in the minority here.  I have said it before but I am intrigued as to which circles you move in where you are surrounded by people who share your views.

Even the nations station is noticeably turning over the last few weeks.

The circles Pongo moves in are exclusively government, mainly cabinet office I would say given his very blinkered pro government stances 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I think Gladys that the moment they start insulting you and constantly trying to undermine your posts in a targeted way it’s a sign that you’ve probably hit the right points. I do find it hard to believe that some posters here don’t work for government the amount of subtle bullying, belittling, undermining, and outright claims of superiority over all others that seems to go on. 

I don't work for the government and I think you're a prick. 

Your thesis is flawed.

• Like 3

Just now, TheTeapot said:

I don't work for the government and I think you're a prick. 

Your thesis is flawed.

Oh I know you don’t work for government at all. I actually walked past your front door the other day. Thanks for expressing your opinion though 👍

9 likes on a controversial post and then it seems like the forum etiquette is to pile in and angrily spread lies to try to directly undermine the points made. This is a very odd forum indeed. There is a distinct whiff of establishment about it all. 

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Cruising and cottaging are distinct terms with different meanings. You can cruise whilst cottaging and cottage whilst cruising.

If Mad Uncle Ronnie was here..................:D

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CowMan said:

9 likes on a controversial post and then it seems like the forum etiquette is to pile in and angrily spread lies to try to directly undermine the points made. This is a very odd forum indeed. There is a distinct whiff of establishment about it all. 

I’d get out before you’re tabbed. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, piebaps said:

But you can travel and have always been able to.

We have covered this.

Most people can't justify weeks off.

And not everyone can travel, some are reliant on people coming here which our tinpot government haven't allowed for a year now (currently at 4 refusals for compassionate visit)

• Like 1