IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, pongo said:

You're so shockingly out of touch. And obviously you have always here tended towards polemical and extreme negative superlatives. Never a neutral or balanced perspective.

Most normals are disappointed that this outbreak is happening but also understand that it's incredibly difficult to always get everything right. Normals are not up in arms or demanding to see the manager.

Come the election - mostly the same people will be elected.

Fairest, most balanced post that I have seen on here. No doubt went down like a lead balloon though as it doesn't fit with the 'agenda'.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

We have covered this.

Most people can't justify weeks off.

And not everyone can travel, some are reliant on people coming here which our tinpot government haven't allowed for a year now (currently at 4 refusals for compassionate visit)

You can always leave.

22 minutes ago, CowMan said:

9 likes on a controversial post and then it seems like the forum etiquette is to pile in and angrily spread lies to try to directly undermine the points made. This is a very odd forum indeed. There is a distinct whiff of establishment about it all. 

You can always leave.

Two birds with one stone. Bonus.:D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, piebaps said:

You can always leave.

You can always leave.

Is that how this forum works? You either have to agree or leave? It doesn’t really meet the criteria of a forum I’d suggest if that is the case. You’d have to be a right titty to buy that line. 

Just now, CowMan said:

Is that how this forum works? You either have to agree or leave? It doesn’t really meet the criteria of a forum I’d suggest if that is the case. You’d have to be a right titty to buy that line. 

Clearly the forum must mean a lot to you, if it’s so disagreeable yet you spent a lot of time posting here. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, piebaps said:

You can always leave.

You can always leave.

If I could leave this tinpot shithole without majorly screwing up big parts of my life I would have done years ago.

In normal times I am away more than I am here but I have roots which can't be moved for a few years Unfortunately. 

Born here. Been based here nearly all my life. Love the place. Can't stand the way it is being run

Unfortunately there are lots of reasons why I can't leave which I have already covered on here.

Edited by horatiotheturd

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

I see what you mean, but they always say that further testing will be offered when they announce the number of positive tests, and if that is the case, it is not just the people who tested positive 2 weeks ago that will be waiting for day 13 testing, it is all of the people who have tested positive since then. They will be due them at some point and will be on the list

I don't think they are, because there seems to be no link between the number of active cases and those waiting for tests.  If all active cases are included (never mind those isolating with them) the number awaiting tests is too low and has jumped too fast over recent days.

It's true that there are all sorts of things in those figures, probably including those travellers who are waiting for their paid-for 1/7/13 tests and they claim to be unable to give a breakdown of what is included.  It's a mess but generally if the number awaiting tests is rocketing, then it means there are more wanting a test now who are waiting.

24 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I don't think they are, because there seems to be no link between the number of active cases and those waiting for tests.  If all active cases are included (never mind those isolating with them) the number awaiting tests is too low and has jumped too fast over recent days.

It's true that there are all sorts of things in those figures, probably including those travellers who are waiting for their paid-for 1/7/13 tests and they claim to be unable to give a breakdown of what is included.  It's a mess but generally if the number awaiting tests is rocketing, then it means there are more wanting a test now who are waiting.

I guess it is impossible to know for sure. It would seem strange if they included the travellers in isolation waiting for tests in the number (which they have previously confirmed in Press Briefings that they do), but did not include the positive cases in isolation who have been offered further tests, and have then gone on to book one. I suppose the only possible justification for that would be that as they had already tested positive, they are already a known case (and have been counted as such), but even so they still take up testing capacity.

If that is the case, presumably they don't count them in the number of tests undertaken either, otherwise it would completely skew the figures

Edited by Newbie

And now we have the first restaurant suspending takeaways after a member of staff tests positive.

Takeaway/delivery food is all good though apparently.

Much safer that the same person has potentially mixed with hundreds of people over the few days before they deliver food to your door than a person who hasn't seen anyone for a week contactlessly delivers something you purchased on facebook.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Newbie said:

I guess it is impossible to know for sure. It would seem strange if they included the travellers in isolation waiting for tests in the number (which they have previously confirmed in Press Briefings that they do), but did not include the positive cases in isolation who have been offered further tests, and have then gone on to book one. I suppose the only possible justification for that would be that as they had already tested positive, they are already a known case (and have been counted as such), but even so they still take up testing capacity.

If that is the case, presumably they don't count them in the number of tests undertaken either, otherwise it would completely skew the figures

It is very poor they can not provide a proper breakdown in relation to the daily - and thereby rolling - figures.  This really should not be too difficult to highlight - positives already in isolation, not initially in isolation (community as was) and travellers.  

I wonder when Howie will feel it prudent to have another press conference, Friday my guess, then radio silence till Monday.  Incredibly strange that in the midst of the IOM most serious outbreak he reins in his public pressers (no doubt waiting for some positive news to champion)  Several issues need addressing, reporting figures as detailed above, school hub reopening, extension of lockdown etc.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2