IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, CallMeCurious said:

Just heard numpty Bill of Beach Buddies whining on the radio about Amenity Centre being closed. FFS does he not get about "Non-essential journeys" and "Stay at Home"?

Or could it just be a self-promoting expert getting exposure so we don't forget he is an important person as usual? At the risk of hypocrisy reminds me of the phrase "Likes the sound of his own voice" 

(OK rant over)

Well I agree with him, no need for them to be closed, no one gets within 10m of anyone with the barriers separating skips &certainly not staff.

Getting rid of rubbish could be classed as essential, what about all garden waste?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I also spoke, last week,  with a couple of advocates, I bumped into in Court on the Monday, who have represented defendants sentenced to custody for breaches in lock downs 1 and 2. The practical reasoning for not appealing seems to be that there wouldn’t be an appeal hearing within the period of the sentence.

Forgive my ignorance but even if they can’t do an appeal hearing due to the time frame, I assume there will be a option to ge convictions overturned? The likes of those 5 ‘key worker’ welders who didn’t understand the rules, much like the steam packet worker?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Forgive my ignorance but even if they can’t do an appeal hearing due to the time frame, I assume there will be a option to ge convictions overturned? The likes of those 5 ‘key worker’ welders who didn’t understand the rules, much like the steam packet worker?

Two separate things. Two different tests. Most of them pleaded guilty. Not impossible to appeal conviction. But very difficult.

The private plane false details guy didn’t appeal. When his lawyer and AG’s realised they legislation hadn’t been in force they used a different procedure.

Not aware that any of the other convictions would have grounds of appeal.

Im aware of only one not guilty plea. That was by Marcia Brabb. Still not heard.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well I agree with him, no need for them to be closed, no one gets within 10m of anyone with the barriers separating skips &certainly not staff.

Getting rid of rubbish could be classed as essential, what about all garden waste?

I agree with him too there is no reason why the amenity sites are closed. Especially when construction is working as where do they think builders are going to dump stuff? BUT I don’t think clearing shit off a beach is essential work to be honest so why is it an issue? 

6 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If its essential then pay someone to take it.

If this lockdown lasts 6/7 weeks there’s going to be a lot of garden waste etc and impractical to have everyone paying someone to collect it continuously. Personally doesn’t impact me as I have a large garden and compost heap

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If its essential then pay someone to take it.

We already do.

Given the safety rules already being practised there is no reason for the continued closure of the amenity sites. They coped extremely well last year in first lockdown.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, CowMan said:

Whatever the reasons the current non reporting is odd given last time almost every time someone was chucked in prison it was reported. This time around that clearly hasn’t been the case so far given that John Wright has confirmed that many arrests and court appearances have actually happened. It’s odd that such events were deemed highly newsworthy last time round but not newsworthy this time - for whatever reason. 

I haven’t said, either, that custody was busy with lockdown breaches. Just that it was busy. There’s not been news of any court appearances, or convictions, for anything.

16 minutes ago, Apple said:

We already do.

Given the safety rules already being practised there is no reason for the continued closure of the amenity sites. They coped extremely well last year in first lockdown.

Skip Nazis need to get up close and personal when they see you putting something in the wrong skip. 😂

25 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Take it where?

To the commercial waste disposal places where people who are being paid to work on a house, do gardening or any business take their waste and which are still open.

No one being paid for a service should be using the ameniety sites anyway.

If these places weren't open as normal then no builder, gardener, shop etc would be open.

The ameniety site are for the general public, no people being paid.

34 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I agree with him too there is no reason why the amenity sites are closed. Especially when construction is working as where do they think builders are going to dump stuff? BUT I don’t think clearing shit off a beach is essential work to be honest so why is it an issue? 

Yes, they should be open, and clearing shit off a beach can be socially distanced so no harm really.

Kerbside recycling has been suspended, yet bin collections haven't.  So to get rid of recycling, you have to take it to one of the recycling points if you can't store it.  

Just inconsistent without any apparent logic. 

• Like 2