IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

27 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, you totally misunderstood. He said they are going to look at seven day testing and possibly make a decision at the end of August, depending on the uk and other infection rates. 

The seven day measure and test is optional. You can still simply isolate for 14 days. 

No, you cannot mix with your household. You never could while isolating. You can isolate at home with your family provided you stay in a room on your own preferably en-suite, food etc. Collected at the door. You can share a bathroom but it must be deep cleaned after each use. 

Yes I'm sure everyone isolating doesn't mix with family and deep cleans bathrooms after use!!

I know of several families who have got permission to bring back their children to IOM from U.K. Where they have been living for 12/18 months as they are working from small flats and will now work from family home on IOM. They are eating meals together although children are sticking to 14 days isolation..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

So, unless I mis-understood, this is what HQ just said.

End of August, you come back from the UK without a test, then you will be required to self isolate for 7 days (but mix freely with your household members as that’s the reality) before you’re tested.

You’ll get a result the next day and if you’re negative you can go to work but you can’t go to a restaurant. Weird.

PS - you’ll pay for the privilege, circa £50 (good idea)

End of August seems economically a bloodbath. But alas not that far away really. Seems they’re on track for that Phase 2 October, depending of course how the fuckwits across carry on.

39 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes I'm sure everyone isolating doesn't mix with family and deep cleans bathrooms after use!!

I know of several families who have got permission to bring back their children to IOM from U.K. Where they have been living for 12/18 months as they are working from small flats and will now work from family home on IOM. They are eating meals together although children are sticking to 14 days isolation..

Sounds like they are being bankers, with a B. 

If people don't follow the rules and laws, they deserve to get it. 

Loving in the same property has to be approved beforehand and will not be allowed if the property is too small. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

End of August seems economically a bloodbath. But alas not that far away really. Seems they’re on track for that Phase 2 October, depending of course how the fuckwits across carry on.

America is starting the global slide in markets right now. Like Johnson Trump is on the brink of losing control of his country too. It you can’t buy people off to stay at home then they’re just going to do whatever they have to survive. The role of head of the country becomes pretty much irrelevant at that point unless you’re going to get the troops out and impose martial law. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Sounds like they are being bankers, with a B. 

If people don't follow the rules and laws, they deserve to get it. 

Loving in the same property has to be approved beforehand and will not be allowed if the property is too small. 

Not sure where you got that from about property, but in cases I know they are large properties anyway otherwise no point in returning from existing small flats.

• Like 1

From gov.im

Guidance for you (in self-isolation) and others in your household

If you are self-isolating in a household with others who are not required to self-isolate you must avoid contact as far as possible.  This means having your own room and remaining in it as far as possible.  You must not share a bedroom with anyone who is not self-isolating.  Your room should be well-ventilated with a window to the outside that can be opened,.  Keep the door closed.

Use a separate bathroom from the rest of the household, if available.  If you have to share a bathroom regular cleaning will be required.  If a separate bathroom is not available, consider drawing up a bathroom rota for washing or bathing.  You should use the facilities last, before thoroughly cleaning the bathroom.  Your should use separate towels from other household members, both for drying yourself after bathing or showering and for hand hygiene purposes.

You should avoid using shared spaces such as the kitchen whilst others are present.  Take your meals back to your room to eat. Use a dishwasher (if available) to clean and dry your used crockery and cutlery.  If this is not possible, wash them by hand using detergent and warm water and dry them thoroughly, using a separate tea towel.

Where only one member of a household has been issued with a direction or Entry certificate that requires self-isolation, it is not a legal requirement for the rest of the household to self-isolate.

If you share your home with a person who is self-isolating there are a number of practical considerations and actions which can be undertaken to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection spreading between members of the same household:

Everyone in your household should:

• Wash their hands regularly
  • Avoid touching your face
  • Clean frequently touched surfaces regularly
  • Exclude the person in self-isolation from the common areas of the home

32 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’d happily get it. Then I can get a test to say I’ve had it. Then I should be able to just go about my life unhindered with a free pass. 

Considering the risk exposure I had to endure during the pandemic I feel quite cheated that I didn't get it either!

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

I don't see anything like this in the guidance. Not heard it publicised either. Is it in the legislation? (Assuming living and not loving!)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The good news is we’ve both got a better chance of winning the lottery on Friday! Get your numbers on. 

And when you win, spend it locally (like you'll have any option). Boost the local economy. Then you can have your picture in the paper with a grateful, beaming Laurence beside you telling the Island what a good example you've set.

Oh hell.....

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’d happily get it. Then I can get a test to say I’ve had it. Then I should be able to just go about my life unhindered with a free pass. 

Unless of course you die. But in fairness you would then be free of all restrictions.

• Haha 1