IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

33 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I think there are bigger mental health issues to worry about to be honest.

Like losing your house, having to use food banks, people being isolated from the world because we don't even have support bubbles etc.

The mental health argument really doesn't wash when so many are being treated so badly and some are stressing they can't throw some rubbish away.

"Mental health" these days often seems to be the new "bad back".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Well if they’re doing crossing & tram signals surely work should continue on the promenade, walking along there this morning there’s loads on space for socially distance workers to be cracking on with finishing the work 

I completely agree it’s an absolute joke when the prom is on hold. And note to the DOI when you’re on public display wear a fucking mask like everyone else you morons because the rules apply to you too. 

• Like 1

I was out and about for a rare trip this morning, to take the Mrs to the airport for her jab.

I waited in the car park with the window down and empty spaces each side of me and got told off by some busy body for not wearing a mask.  Apparently if you are transporting someone to the vaccine hub you should wear a mask in the car.  He still didn't seem to grasp it when I pointed out that we share a bed but whatever.

Loads of traffic on the roads again, cars full of families and while out on what was an essential journey anyway we took the opportunity to take sandwiches and park up and watch the sea.

Can't believe how many groups of adults were out with full family in tow.  One of whom was a teacher from my sons school with her own kids at 11:30 on a Thursday.  Full pay. Total joke 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, the promised advisory group has not been set up.

They did set up one but it is headed up by Greenhow & Magson and other Government officials from health etc, no external advisors!! Took Ashie 2 months to reveal this after being asked in January, basically said we don’t need external advice!!

48 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

In my experience even when fully operational you’ll struggle to find a site worker keen to help, they’ll typically shout orders or point from a distance, majority of the time they aren’t on lend to help, I’ve seen people struggle with sofas/washing machines and it’s almost always been a member of the public (including myself) who steps in to help.

I can’t blame them, they get paid an pittance (particularly D.B.C) but the job role is split into two categories, what they actually get paid to do (pretty much supervise it’s disposed correctly) and what the public expect them to do (assist with everything).

They advertise asking staff for help, perhaps that is only help in which skip to use. 

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

Thanks for this, er, I think.

quote:

This finding might mean that cats might be infected by the virus relatively often, but humans don’t notice because the animals don’t show symptoms. (Cats are generally skilled at hiding signs that they’re sick or in pain.)

49 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Some off us generate a mysteriously large amount of empty cans and bottles. I do the clinking walk of shame through the square to the recycling bins, but in lockdown 1 they blocked them off. At least they havent done that this time.

Can recommend wine boxes, they don't clink!:whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I was out and about for a rare trip this morning, to take the Mrs to the airport for her jab.

I waited in the car park with the window down and empty spaces each side of me and got told off by some busy body for not wearing a mask.  Apparently if you are transporting someone to the vaccine hub you should wear a mask in the car.  He still didn't seem to grasp it when I pointed out that we share a bed but whatever.

Loads of traffic on the roads again, cars full of families and while out on what was an essential journey anyway we took the opportunity to take sandwiches and park up and watch the sea.

Can't believe how many groups of adults were out with full family in tow.  One of whom was a teacher from my sons school with her own kids at 11:30 on a Thursday.  Full pay. Total joke 

These lockdowns are gravy train dribbling nirvana.

Full pay, fuck all labour.

PS - then take six months off on the sick due to mental health issues.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Some off us generate a mysteriously large amount of empty cans and bottles. I do the clinking walk of shame through the square to the recycling bins, but in lockdown 1 they blocked them off. At least they havent done that this time.

I can neither confirm nor deny whether sheepish trips to the amenity after lockdown with a massive box full of cans and bottles will be taking place.

30 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Nice pun. She speaks a lot of sense in this I reckon. 

Julie Edge MHK too:

Along with Daphne Caine MHK, I think the backbenchers are starting to make their voice heard.

All these interviews would previously have been heard on Manx Radio Morning Mandate but Alex and the Manx Radio crew would rather play some records and some adverts, and be a station of mainly DJs.

Paul Moulton should be given a cut of the 6 figure subvention that Manx Radio receives. These interviews seem to be the only way of finding out what anyone other than Howie and Ashie and that, are thinking.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

They did set up one but it is headed up by Greenhow & Magson and other Government officials from health etc, no external advisors!! Took Ashie 2 months to reveal this after being asked in January, basically said we don’t need external advice!!

So, reneged on another promise?  Of course they need external advice, it may help with tweaking policies so that they don't have to change when the public points out they are unworkable or daft, vis, dog walking, exercise etc.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Nice pun. She speaks a lot of sense in this I reckon. 

Problem is why not speak out sooner. Most of the issues can be found voiced in this thread.

She is part of the DHSC isn't she?

Are they all going to come out of their shells to criticise now ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Julie Edge MHK too:

Along with Daphne Caine MHK, I think the backbenchers are starting to make their voice heard.

All these interviews would previously have been heard on Manx Radio Morning Mandate but Alex and the Manx Radio crew would rather play some records and some adverts, and be a station of mainly DJs.

Paul Moulton should be given a cut of the 6 figure subvention that Manx Radio receives. These interviews seem to be the only way of finding out what anyone other than Howie and Ashie and that, are thinking.

But ultimately they have no power, that has been shown. Julie Edge, Daphne Caine may as well be Jim and Henry from down the pub