IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

What slightly concerns me is that yes, the number of cases is coming down but so is the number of tests each day. It's still around 13-14% in terms of positive tests so the reduction in cases could be said to be purely due to the reduction in tests. Whether the reduction in tests is proof that it's under control and we are past the peak is another matter! Think the figures are:

6th - 499 cases - 71 cases

7th - 621 tests - 81 cases

8th - 760 tests - 108 cases

9th - 648 tests - 87 cases

10th - 559 tests - 75 cases

11th - 512 tests - 65 cases

I suspect that the number of tests will fall with the number of those experiencing symptoms or being contact traced too? In view of lockdown, fewer people will need tracing?

Edited by Max Power
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, snowman said:

12 scares people into be-fucking-having themselves and obeying the current rules. the sooner that happens the sooner the hounds are released

at least if they are saying 21+ days, it means more and more people will have been vaccinated by the time the lockdown is lifted

Howie didn’t say that, he said that they may ease restrictions for some sectors eg construction once the data shows outbreak under control so that could be as soon as next week 

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

HQ “I’m not going to order a review just because a member of the public has asked for one”  ( I paraphrase) Brilliant, go Howard

He was right enough.

Let the advocate go to his favourite Tynwald member to bring a motion Tynwald.

6 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

What slightly concerns me is that yes, the number of cases is coming down but so is the number of tests each day. It's still around 13-14% in terms of positive tests so the reduction in cases could be said to be purely due to the reduction in tests. Whether the reduction in tests is proof that it's under control and we are past the peak is another matter! Think the figures are:

6th - 499 cases - 71 cases

7th - 621 tests - 81 cases

8th - 760 tests - 108 cases

9th - 648 tests - 87 cases

10th - 559 tests - 75 cases

11th - 512 tests - 65 cases

The number awaiting tests has remained high though 475 today for example.   So demand must still be high.  Although the lab is supposed to be able to process 800 a day (and I remember Rachel saying she'd prepped the lab so they could do twice that) they've only got near that on one occasion (760 on - probably - Sunday).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

I was embarrassed until I saw next doors pile.

I'm surprised he showed it to you. Must be very good neighbours. Close eh?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie didn’t say that, he said that they may ease restrictions for some sectors eg construction once the data shows outbreak under control so that could be as soon as next week 

Well if they think one day with no new cases announced is enough to send the schools back in a situation where the main vector has been the under-19s, then who knows. 

33 minutes ago, Banker said:

It is going to be a constant mess of lockdowns and hazy restrictions.

IoM Government will only ever be in any sort of meaningful control once elimination has been achieved (again).

Elimination.

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

That’s the golden question, hopefully it’s just 12 Asymptomatic patients in for routine procedures.

If it were for routine procedures they’d be cancelled and patients not admitted in the first place. 

• Like 3