IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, rachomics said:

My tuppence is on community transmission from the January outbreak, given the rapid up-lifting of restrictions after lockdown 2.0. Once the genomic sequences hit the COG-UK open-access database I'll be all over that. 

Will all cases from January and February be available to you? Be really interesting to see how the genomics views the transmission chains.

1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Hmmm...I don't feel comfortable with a comeover saying 'our beautiful island'. That's the remit of the manx-born IMO.

I don't feel comfortable when I see him or hear him

But it's not because of where he was born

Edited by Happier diner

24 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

No, I don't. More than person that stepped off the boat had the virus. And whoever they were, I think, were people with young families and that got into at least two possibly three schools and has mushroomed from there. 

To be fair you are speculating. You have no idea at all whether what you say is true or not

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That lawyer had a go at 'challenging' the covid arrests last year. That didn't go anywhere. I suspect he likes a bit of promo by pretending to be anti government.

Is everyone still sticking to the fantasy story that all this came about because of a single case on the Steam Packet?

In your opinion?

24 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes the Government and we the public need this distraction at this time. Because there’s nothing else going on at the moment of course.  Perhaps when we are over all this it may be the appropriate time to deal with all the constitutional issues .
There is an ongoing inquiry already looking into the circumstances surrounding this.

Does this advocate not have any clients he needs to spend his time working for?

Very bad. Very bad

Hang on, a 'misunderstanding' has got us where we are today, that needs immediate investigation because this is not just about money, this is about the health and wellbeing of everyone here. This is one of those 'misunderstandings' that cannot be answered with "well, nobody died", because there is a possibility that someone may die, or have their health severely impacted, not to mention the disruption to life and livelihoods caused by the lockdown. 

There was a pretty prompt action and a police investigation into Abbotswood at time when no-one needed that distraction either.  The results of which are still awaited, by the way. 

An inquiry won't change history, but it sure will make those making decisions think a little harder about their accountability.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Manxas said:

...Howard last week saying constable but replacing the o with a u. 

Bloody awful affectation from those who have to be Manxer than Manx. Or are simply stupid.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Hang on, a 'misunderstanding' has got us where we are today, that needs immediate investigation because this is not just about money, this is about the health and wellbeing of everyone here. This is one of those 'misunderstandings' that cannot be answered with "well, nobody died", because there is a possibility that someone may die, or have their health severely impacted, not to mention the disruption to life and livelihoods caused by the lockdown. 

There was a pretty prompt action and a police investigation into Abbotswood at time when no-one needed that distraction either.  The results of which are still awaited, by the way. 

An inquiry won't change history, but it sure will make those making decisions think a little harder about their accountability.  

Damn well said.

41 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Is there?  All we know is that Quayle says has asked Greenhow to appoint someone to look into it.  We've heard nothing more, so speed doesn't seem to be important.  And given that Greenhow is in charge of the Department that organised things with the Steam Packet some might just feel that it might not be completely impartial. 

Maybe Will has independently handed the investigation over to Willemena for investigation? 

59694A64-F52B-4049-A54D-38523B7F024F.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rachomics said:

My tuppence is on community transmission from the January outbreak, given the rapid up-lifting of restrictions after lockdown 2.0. Once the genomic sequences hit the COG-UK open-access database I'll be all over that. 

I don't think it went away after lockdown 2. (Not convinced we were ever realy vovid free tbh)

I have often been mocked on here for suggesting the virus could be circulating without us being aware by those who think virus=immediate death

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Hmmm...I don't feel comfortable with a comeover saying 'our beautiful island'. That's the remit of the manx-born IMO.

Well, let’s be fair, I’m local to here but when I went to Gravesend and said ‘This is a fucking shithole’ I wasn’t wrong

• Haha 1