IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

What is happening with the hub for essential workers kids & vulnerable kids? Seems to be a lot of umming and arring over that too. By the time they've sorted it out the schools be open again and it won't be needed.

I guess they are having to do whatever they normally do for holidays as long as it doesn't involve mixing households? 

And now there is another Covid variant found in the UK from Antigua to go with the Brazilian. 

Can I be the first to coin an annoying phrase: Steam Packet Gate?

ETA:

Steamiegate?

Edited by Barlow

9 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

What is happening with the hub for essential workers kids & vulnerable kids? Seems to be a lot of umming and arring over that too. By the time they've sorted it out the schools be open again and it won't be needed.

I guess they are having to do whatever they normally do for holidays as long as it doesn't involve mixing households? 

And now there is another Covid variant found in the UK from Antigua to go with the Brazilian. 

Will be open by the next school year.

We all need to forget the fact that they said it would be open this week, didn't happen, they never said it, nothing to see here, always said September. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Nothing's happening as far as I can tell.  It's gone from "Probably Monday" to "Sometime later in the week" to "Not in the foreseeable future".  I was struck by the difference in tone about the progress of the epidemic between Allinson and the other three, he was very much more downbeat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Yes, the measure I always apply in my professional life is "would I be happy to justify this in a court of law". 

Christ - I’m fucked!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

Nothing's happening as far as I can tell.  It's gone from "Probably Monday" to "Sometime later in the week" to "Not in the foreseeable future".  I was struck by the difference in tone about the progress of the epidemic between Allinson and the other three, he was very much more downbeat.

...and he’s the doctor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

My tuppence is on community transmission from the January outbreak, given the rapid up-lifting of restrictions after lockdown 2.0. Once the genomic sequences hit the COG-UK open-access database I'll be all over that. 

I wish you luck, I think you’ll find that will be a jigsaw with a few pieces forever missing.

Now I have looked for this information but cannot find out one way or another, Has the buying a house or starting a new job still on the reasons for a travel exemption to be granted to people coming to the island. I know this was revoked under the last lock down and considering the position we find our selves with this outbreak it would of  again be knocked on the head. waiting for the yes you may come but isolate, As if that is going to happen. You arrive on island and rock up to your new property, Shit no milk or food/cleaning products. Go online and order them up, Success have a slot in two months, Best nip down to Tescos then. Or is it the cynicism creeping in. 

• Confused 1