IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, horatiotheturd said:

Depends who they test and I am sure they will be very selective.

Plus unfortunately it doesn't matter how many tests they can do as they still haven't figured out how to efficiently book people in or get the results back.

Really? I know people getting booked in, tested promptly with an appointment and then getting results back.

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Is there?  All we know is that Quayle says has asked Greenhow to appoint someone to look into it.  We've heard nothing more, so speed doesn't seem to be important.  

I suspect he has a lot on his plate.  Works ridiculous hours apparently and next to no time off.  

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Now I have looked for this information but cannot find out one way or another, Has the buying a house or starting a new job still on the reasons for a travel exemption to be granted to people coming to the island. I know this was revoked under the last lock down and considering the position we find our selves with this outbreak it would of  again be knocked on the head. waiting for the yes you may come but isolate, As if that is going to happen. You arrive on island and rock up to your new property, Shit no milk or food/cleaning products. Go online and order them up, Success have a slot in two months, Best nip down to Tescos then. Or is it the cynicism creeping in. 

It's a good point.  There's a chance that the virus is brought over by newcomers eager to taste the freedom the Isle of Man has had. OK, it's a small chance but a chance that is bigger than zero.

All so that a house or two can get sold.

How much does a lockdown cost?

34 minutes ago, Barlow said:

How much does a lockdown cost?

No clear data on that. The cost of the various schemes etc is simple for them to report. How much it costs in lost taxes and lost productivity is much more difficult. DfE should be able to come up with something tho.:whistling:

20210312_070300.thumb.jpg.4bc98e091810e7a5002829f557c95a8b.jpgI am not knocking DA here as he is going above and beyond in this instance.

Does this and all the other examples in the comments not just highlight failures in communication and policy where to get the answer yku need you go to the minister direct?

I had it myself with an ongoing issue with another government department.  Countless emails back and forth and phone calls to all the right people over more than 18 months got me nowhere.

1 email to the then minister and I had the answer I needed 3 hours later.

There is something very wrong with any organisation where that is the case.

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 3

Just now, Nomadic Raptor said:

And this is where it all starts the bite and the wheels come off even more.  The Ben not going will get everyone up in arms about food supplies etc...even though it not going for a day isn’t a problem but we will gloss over that 

There's also the Arrow and Mezeron for freight.

19 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I am not knocking DA here as he is going above and beyond in this instance.

Does this and all the other examples in the comments not just highlight failures in communication and policy where to get the answer yku need you go to the minister direct?

I had it myself with an ongoing issue with another government department.  Countless emails back and forth and phone calls to all the right people over more than 18 months got me nowhere.

1 email to the then minister and I had the answer I needed 3 hours later.

There is something very wrong with any organisation where that is the case.

Arbeit macht frei.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1