IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Nobody will be using them if you’re expected to self isolate for 14 days on arrival.

Madness.

They won't be full, but they will be being used.

I know a few people who are in the fortunate position that they are intending to leave here  soon and head to places for holidays and make up for th travel they missed, see friends etc then come back when the isolation is done away with.

5 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

So is the Ben not sailing due to Covid related issues roughly translated as they can’t muster a crew?

It’s just the start they really don’t seem to want an investigation “covid related issues” is suitably vague as well. This will be all down to trying to show government who really has the power. Shops will be bombarded already I’d guess with idiots sticking up on everything.

Could this government actually fuck a pandemic response up any more? 

• Haha 1

They are routinely testing crew now aren't they? Bound to throw up cases in addition to the ones contacted by track and trace.

Saw another restaurant halted deliveries yesterday.  Would love to see the COVID figures if they tested everyone deliveri g and preparing food this week.  No way on earth they would all be negative.

Hearing more and more people coming down with aches, pains, what seem like heavy colds or just generally feeling under the weather. Hardly any are bothering with tests.

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They are routinely testing crew now aren't they? Bound to throw up cases in addition to the ones contacted by track and trace.

Saw another restaurant halted deliveries yesterday.  Would love to see the COVID figures if they tested everyone deliveri g and preparing food this week.  No way on earth they would all be negative.

Hearing more and more people coming down with aches, pains, what seem like heavy colds or just generally feeling under the weather. Hardly any are bothering with tests.

I wouldn’t be surprised if 111 were still rammed either. 

Plus, plenty will not want to risk their 14 days penance, especially if it takes a few days to get a test and result anyway. 

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Shimmins not happy with Howie either and the exit strategy which Howie said yesterday has been well received is described as waffle, I agree with Bill

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-brands-covid-exit-strategy-waffle/

Who'd have thunk that in an election year?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Who'd have thunk that in an election year?

Not convinced to be honest.  Obviously he and HQ are against each other assuming they both stand.  Competition so far looks to be that hannafin fella and I guess Paul Craine.

Lots of people think Howard can do and has done no wrong so standing up to him could backfire.

Chances are HQ will screw the next few months so spectacularly that he won't stand to spare himself the blushes of not getting back in though.

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Not convinced to be honest.  Obviously he and HQ are against each other assuming they both stand.  Competition so far looks to be that hannafin fella and I guess Paul Craine.

Lots of people think Howard can do and has done no wrong so standing up to him could backfire.

Chances are HQ will screw the next few months so spectacularly that he won't stand to spare himself the blushes of not getting back in though.

I think Bill is speaking what lots think and other MHKS are saying as well, Howie & co have made some bad errors in last month & the exit strategy is waffle & no one other than Pongo thinks it’s any good 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1