IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

14 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They are routinely testing crew now aren't they? Bound to throw up cases in addition to the ones contacted by track and trace.

Saw another restaurant halted deliveries yesterday.  Would love to see the COVID figures if they tested everyone deliveri g and preparing food this week.  No way on earth they would all be negative.

Hearing more and more people coming down with aches, pains, what seem like heavy colds or just generally feeling under the weather. Hardly any are bothering with tests.

Just because someone feels a bit under weather doesn't mean they have covid.

I have a cold.  And I'm aching a bit.  There again I did a pretty substantial walk a couple days ago and I'm sat WFH in what is no doubt an unsuitable chair etc.

A lot of paranoia about.

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Shimmins not happy with Howie either and the exit strategy which Howie said yesterday has been well received is described as waffle, I agree with Bill

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-brands-covid-exit-strategy-waffle/

The exit from this lockdown will be a lot clearer by Monday or Tuesday.  Clearly it won't be a 3 week lockdown. But it's hard to give an exact date right now. .  I would guess Monday 12th April will be aimed for.

4 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The exit from this lockdown will be a lot clearer by Monday or Tuesday.  Clearly it won't be a 3 week lockdown. But it's hard to give an exact date right now. .  I would guess Monday 12th April will be aimed for.

Possibly but Howie has made some bad errors of judgment recently & the exit strategy is a load of waffle & nice sounding statements 

Just now, Banker said:

Possibly but Howie has made some bad errors of judgment recently & the exit strategy is a load of waffle & nice sounding statements 

Perhaps.  But I'm not sure what he or anyone else can say.   He could say " we have no time frame NOW but will know more early next week" which is the truth.

Then people will kick off, moan, start having Facebook Karen breakdowns etc.

So, you try and paint as reasonably positive picture as possible and people are still moaning.

I like Bill Shimmins.   But he's wide of the mark here in my view.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Just because someone feels a bit under weather doesn't mean they have covid.

I have a cold.  And I'm aching a bit.  There again I did a pretty substantial walk a couple days ago and I'm sat WFH in what is no doubt an unsuitable chair etc.

A lot of paranoia about.

I know that

Conversely just because someone feels as fit as they ever have doent mean they don't have COVID 

No paranoia here.  But it is definelty out therefore than we know and people are ignoring symptoms.

Once test capacity is available I think they should finally start some surveillance testing.  Even if just to show that's it can be out and about with little harm being done.  We still dot know how many have actually been in hospital because of it. Wd also know there have been hu dreds of ice tidied cases so likely well over 1000 in reality.

I still don't think we eradicated it last time

37 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

They are routinely testing crew now aren't they? Bound to throw up cases in addition to the ones contacted by track and trace.

It’s a trace and trace hit apparently so it will have taken crew and their contracts out of circulation. But it still looks very convenient in the timing. I’m sure all the Karen’s were queuing outside Shoprite and Tesco from 8:00 ready to strip the shelves bare and there will be Facebook calls for a state of emergency to be called. 

Bill Shimmins is absolutely bang on.

The document isn’t worth a carrot, it’s piffle.

If the U.K. are moving around normally by mid-June & we have vaccinated all vulnerable age groups (clinically proven to be over 50’s), there are ZERO reasons not to lift all restrictions aside the obvious (regular hand sanitising, optional mask wearing, etc).

By then, the choice becomes the individuals NOT the state.

Get on & go about your business, travel, see family & friends or lock yourself away forever, living in fear.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Banker said:

Shimmins not happy with Howie either and the exit strategy which Howie said yesterday has been well received is described as waffle, I agree with Bill

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mhk-brands-covid-exit-strategy-waffle/

Shimmins isn’t wrong. Shockingly badly written waffle at that.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Jersey is being quite ballsy on tourism opening back up.

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/2021-03-11/condor-ferries-confirms-no-tests-needed-to-travel-on-fast-jersey-and-guernsey-services

I suppose they’ve just got used to living with it and have the processes in place to manage any outbreaks. It all seems to be on the back of vaccination potentially lessening the strain on the hospitals etc. By the look of it so far we’ll still be living in Brigadoon in September when they’re opening up from the end of May.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Saw another restaurant halted deliveries yesterday.  Would love to see the COVID figures if they tested everyone deliveri g and preparing food this week.  No way on earth they would all be negative.

Hearing more and more people coming down with aches, pains, what seem like heavy colds or just generally feeling under the weather. Hardly any are bothering with tests.

I rest my case: 

• Like 1

Just now, Nom de plume said:

If the U.K. are moving around normally by mid-June & we have vaccinated all vulnerable age groups (clinically proven to be over 50’s), there are ZERO reasons not to lift all restrictions aside the obvious (regular hand sanitising, optional mask wearing, etc).

Get on & go about your business, travel, see family & friends or lock yourself away forever, living in fear.

If we're actually going back to local elimination, it's going to be a protracted process.

When we have vaccinations rolling out faster than ever, we might be misplaced in aiming to be back there, it's an expensive, short term answer.

There might be a lot to be said for getting ready to move much more quickly in reopening when safe to do so.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

If we're actually going back to local elimination, it's going to be a protracted process.

When we have vaccinations rolling out faster than ever, we might be misplaced in aiming to be back there, it's an expensive, short term answer.

There might be a lot to be said for getting ready to move much more quickly in reopening when safe to do so.

Absolutely. It's the common sense thing to do. I wouldn't hold out hope though. HQs mum says he had to keep the borders shut so that's what'll happen.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

You are right. We need to start a campaign