IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Despite David Ashford actually saying in the briefing yesterday that some of those in Nobles with COVID acquired it while in the UK for hospital treatment, and so certainly didn't?

I'm not so sure. I thought he was deliberately vague when giving that answer. I'd have to listen again but I'm pretty sure his answer included too many could/might be's and was therefore essentially a non-answer.

Happy to be proven wrong.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Even qualified people might get it wrong.

Lawyers are wrong 50% of the time.

Ha, ha.

First, we don’t all litigate so it’s not a binary, either or, 50%.

In fact only about 10-15% of us litigate 

Second, even in litigation

a. There are cases with more than two parties, more than one may win, or lose.

b. If I represent a client being sued for £100 and defend that down to £50, isn’t that a win? Or if it’s a criminal case and there’s a conviction but I keep client out of prison, isn’t that a win.

ALWAYS DEFINE YOUR TERMS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also posted earlier on Steam Packet Thread.

The IOMG have facilitated many hundreds of wholly avoidable Covid19 cases, many thousands of people to have to isolate yet again, a total hold on normal life for over 85,000 people twice in 3 months and enormous economic costs and permanent major economic damage to individuals, to the IOM Treasury and to the entire IOM Economy that is so vast as to be beyond calculation. Should we give them a pat on the back. Well done IOMG. You total criminally negligent ****ers. If there is a Class Action or other legal actions after all this, most people will not want to join that because they will be too busy recognising the IOMG's wondrous and huge achievements using their vast, unique and incredibly wonderful skills and talents throughout the past year?! 

As for their blatant, wilfully blind car-crash approach to Genomic Sequencing, expect to hear about Dr Rachel Glover's report on the latest outbreak after she has had access to the Liverpool Lab's data. But as you know, you will not hear a word about that from the IOMG. Dr Glover also said at the time that testing of all schoolkids was needed at half term. And, and, and....

No fiction writer could make up any of the IOMG's self-inflicted horror-show antics - they have been simply too unbelievable.

Can anyone tell us how many staff are employed in the IOMG Communications Teams and also in the IOMG Technology / IT / IS Teams? And how many mega millions do they cost the people of the island every year? And why are they so totally broken and unfit for purpose? Just like the IOMG itself. 

Edited by Cassie2
  • Thanks 2

I think people are almost used to the death element of Covid now, I’m seeing very little in the way of condolences compared to last year, I wasn’t aware of someone passing in November with Covid either, so when I read the news article that came as a bit of a surprise.

My thoughts are with their friends and family at this time.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Despite David Ashford actually saying in the briefing yesterday that some of those in Nobles with COVID acquired it while in the UK for hospital treatment, and so certainly doesn't?

But he didn't say that. He said they 'may' have picked it up through patient transfers. Given that these hospital admissions have only arisen since this outbreak began, I'll stick to my perception. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I'm not so sure. I thought he was deliberately vague when giving that answer. I'd have to listen again but I'm pretty sure his answer included too many could/might be's and was therefore essentially a non-answer.

Happy to be proven wrong.

"Could include patienf transfers that have come back to from treatment in the UK who are covid positive and they need to remain in hospital for other treatments, it equally means people who have had to go into hospital for another treatment but have tested COVID positive when they have had to go in so have had to be classed into the figures as well. So, its not just people who have contracted COVID, deteriorated and had to go into hospital, its a mix."

People have been asking for more clarity on these figures for a year.

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

As for their blatant, wilfully blind car-crash approach to Genomic Sequencing, expect to hear about Dr Rachel Glover's report on the latest outbreak after she has had access to the Liverpool Lab's data. She says that she will then put that online. But as you know, you will not hear a word about that from the IOMG.

I’m looking forward to the report but I wish Dr Glover did her work quietly in the background and then presented her findings, rather than announce to the world she’s going to look at the genomic tracing, it loses its effectiveness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Could include 

I take it you listened again to obtain a direct quote? If so, thank you.

He started out with "could", which to my mind meant the rest of his answer was all hypothetical. A CYA non-answer.

2 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I take it you listened again to obtain a direct quote? If so, thank you.

He started out with "could", which to my mind meant the rest of his answer was all hypothetical. A CYA non-answer.

I read it differnet given what he said later on.

Clear, concise communication you see 😅

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Qualified Dr, and a professional life time working in public health. What qualifications do you have?

A professional lifetime working on the design and development of military and avionics system - all safety critical systems. If a broad experience counts, I have worked in England, Germany and Italy - and have noted significant differences in cultural approach to problems in all three countries.

Ewart qualified as a medical doctor years ago. I assume, I hope, that her licence to practice has expired. I am not impressed by people who wave around titles that are no longer meaningful. I would have no regard for someone who claims to be an airline pilot but who last flew a Vickers Viscount - and such a person would not be allowed to fly anyway, as their licence would have expired - no currency.

There are people who do that. Malcolm Couch qualified as a phycologist and worked for maybe 6 months, and then worked for 27 years in finance and tax - but still insisted on being addressed as Doctor. He now works in the tourist industry. But some people are nevertheless impressed by such things.

In my time I have worked with people with PhDs, but all had an education relevant to the industry. Their combination of natural-born ability, experience and relevant education made them valuable to the company. Someone going to a engineering company and saying "Hey, I've got a PhD in History, I can run your radar systems division" would be laughable.

I have no wish to start yet another Internet flame-war, but your question "What qualifications do you have?" is both foolish and arrogant. The implication is that I need qualifications before I can make a criticism of someone else - that's nonsense.

Ewart made a stupid statement to the press. I pointed that out. Ewart has qualifications that are irrelevant to the job she is doing. I also pointed that out. I believe it was not unreasonable for me to do that.

If the covid problem was being handled adequately, there would be no comment from me. From my personal experience, let alone the comments on the forum, there is a great deal of incompetence being thrown around. The people at the top, including Ewart, are responsible.

Having worked exclusively on safety critical projects, I assure you that having good ideas is not enough. Never-ending attention to the dull boring details is essential. You can't have an aircraft half-way over the Atlantic and the blue screen of death comes up. That attention to detail is just not happening here.

So yes, my lifetime experience designing complex systems and solving problems qualifies me to make a comment about Ewart's abilities. And sarcastic comments about her PhD (History) are definitely on-topic. By the way, Magson has a degree in music.

[And, in spite of its length, this is not another blog from Rob Callister]

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2