IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

If he really said that the mans a disgrace 

That was basically how he did it. Although PM did get out of him that the death was sadly in the older age group. Despite trying to do a lot of digging that was borderline inappropriate. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey seems to have a proper exit policy with dates and talking about easing quarantine from end of April & possibly borders open 1 st July, 

https://www.channel103.com/news/guernsey-news/dates-announced-for-easing-border-restrictions/

Not really. From end of April, there will by travel corridors. Any other countries will require isolation. Dates are earliest possible, as UK.

However, as a reminder, remember as soon as Boris stated schools back on 08 March, I predicted UK will have to kick the can down th road as the virus spreads through the schools and int the homes. Of course, I was ridiculed. However, it remains to be seen what happens. If my prediction does happen, non of the crown dependencies are going to be opening borders fully any time soon. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

Had a look at the new "dashboard"  - looks like 10 mins work by a 10 year old. Thought the box in the Case Summary  "recovered or deceased" is a bit tactless.  

Yeah it’s not great but my understanding is they’ve developed it within a few days so as HQ himself said it’s only version 1 with room to make improvements.

I’m sure they could’ve developed something 10 times better last year, but equally if we didn’t have a further outbreak people would’ve cried about it being a waste of money, they can’t win in that scenario.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

Not really. From end of April, there will by travel corridors. Any other countries will require isolation. Dates are earliest possible, as UK.

However, as a reminder, remember as soon as Boris stated schools back on 08 March, I predicted UK will have to kick the can down th road as the virus spreads through the schools and int the homes. Of course, I was ridiculed. However, it remains to be seen what happens. If my prediction does happen, non of the crown dependencies are going to be opening borders fully any time soon. 

Your predictions and posts are usually rubbish so expect latest one to follow suit , read Guernseys clear exit strategy compared to ours

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

A couple of questions on why channel islands can have dates in exit strategy instead of our waffle document, here’s update on Jersey position, looks like both will be fully open months before us

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2021/03/12/border-talks-in-progress-as-uk-covid-19-cases-fall/

Have they turned their airports into a vaccination hub? Probably easier to turn things back on if they haven't.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

New dashboard up and running.

Looks quite good apart from a completed tests in last 24 hours figure to give a bit of context to the number of positives.

Really Dave? Even the bit that says:  ''17 RECOVERED OR DECEASED''?

F.F.S.

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Have they turned their airports into a vaccination hub? Probably easier to turn things back on if they haven't.

That really makes me laugh. EasyJet have said they’re starting flights up in May so if they do you’ll have a load of people lugging suitcases right the way through the middle of the vaccination centre. Seems like the most bonkers building to use if you’re ever planning to open the IOM back up again. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Its a tricky one. I can see their argument, whether you've been vaccinated for something is personal information, but its also pretty important information for the public in terms of vaccine confidence. If none of them have had it then it should increase take up, if some of them have it'll put out some extra doubt. 

If they said there were some people who were 70 and hadn't been vaccinated the kick off from the usual gang would be extreme. "Blood on their hands" and that, there's already far too much of it about.

Yes, it is personal if it can be attached to you, ie if you are identifiable from the info. And I understand the potential for a kick off, but that should not be a reason yo withhold information that is useful to the public. 

So they could give broad age ranges that reflect the cohorts for the vaccine and confirm if the vaccine has or has not been received by all those within the cohorts that have been vaccinated so far.  It really isn't beyond the wit of man to come up with something useful but not breaching confidentiality.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, snowman said:

What would you prefer? Lies ! Obsufcation ?

Obviously not. It is not a question of having a preference just common-sense. What sane person would lump together the numbers of ''RECOVERED'' with the numbers for ''DECEASED''. 

As you can see, Dave himself has agreed with me.

Edited by Cassie2
Typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's also not "the full story" as it's just a repeat of the minimal IOM Government press release with no extra information.

Par for...

Just now, Gladys said:

Yes, it is personal if it can be attached to you, ie if you are identifiable from the info. And I understand the potential for a kick off, but that should not be a reason yo withhold information that is useful to the public. 

So they could give broad age ranges that reflect the cohorts for the vaccine and confirm if the vaccine has or has not been received by all those within the cohorts that have been vaccinated so far.  It really isn't beyond the wit of man to come up with something useful but not breaching confidentiality.

If we had lots of Covid deaths I don’t think the data being released would be an issue, but with just one recent death any information that’s now released can be tied directly to that person.