IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:
1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well everyone wishes you’d move somewhere with your beloved Howie!!

Everytime someone else comes up with a better plan than Howie you rubbish it just like him, why don’t you just admit you work in cabinet office 

This is absolutely magnificent - the biggest open the borders. Guernsey is amazing, Jersey is fantastic, curtain twitching teacher hating no jet washing, Bill Shimmins loving serial user of the cringe inducing “Howie” “Ashy” & “Henny” shite calls someone out - lack of self awareness is bewildering 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Teacher washing his car
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CowMan said:

There’s a lot of it about after nearly 2 weeks of lockdown. This is my personal favorite from today. Someone that deluded that they put the Courier that they got through the letterbox in the bin wearing gloves just in case the ‘rona’s going to kill them. They should have Richard Butt up on an attempted murder charge for recklessly delivering news during a global pandemic. FFS. Some people really are losing it big style.

33CEBFD6-6B48-4C00-AAAC-6D16486D9EC2.jpeg

Seems reasonable enough. We;re in the middle of a shit-storm with this, just now.

All you tough guys know exactly how da 'rona is spread

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

What a waste, why not just read it? (with gloves), personally I’m glad to see the kid delivering ours is still out working and earning themselves some pocket money.

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Heaven knows how they react when the postman comes round.  Though they'd be the first to complain when they don't get their vaccination letter. 

1 hour ago, Newbie said:

Or all the stuff they have bought from Amazon?

17 minutes ago, Manxas said:

Crazy how some people are becoming so obsessed about these types of things. There are people who may not have Internet and are shielding so don't get their normal papers who might look forward to the local freebie paper being delivered. They might be the same people who like to wave and say hi (socially distanced) to their friendly little paper boy/girl as they aren't seeing many people at the mo and it may brighten up their long days at present. The person who wrote the post on Facebook about using gloves to throw their paper in the bin should air their views to the newspapers and take themselves off their delivery for future if it bothers them so much! 

Anything delivered to your door can be left untouched for a day or two, and/.or cleaned - yes, with gloves, unless you are careful washing your hands afterwards.

Presumably, all you tough guys know exactly how this virus is spreading just now.

Let's keep taking the piss out of 'Karen's because it makes us feel like tough guys. Meanwhile the Isle of Man and indeed the rest of the world is fucking clueless as to exactly how this virus is being spread.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder if they throw their mail straight in the bin as well...?

I threw out the whole food delivery tonight and told my wife and kids, I'd rather my family starve to death than get the Rona and DIE. Kids ended up crying, thanks a lot Tesco.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Seems reasonable enough. We;re in the middle of a shit-storm with this, just now. 

I’ve been expecting you Mr Bond .. 

But seriously it’s a bit of paranoia and overkill surely isn’t it? There’s over 200 comments up there now pointing out how silly that approach is. I’m sure Richard Butt doesn’t actually want to kill people by delivering infected newspapers to their door. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I’ve been expecting you Mr Bond .. 

But seriously it’s a bit of paranoia and overkill surely isn’t it? There’s over 200 comments up there now pointing out how silly that approach is. I’m sure Richard Butt doesn’t actually want to kill people by delivering infected newspapers to their door. 

My (over?) reaction aside. 

We just don't know. A lockdown is a lockdown is a lockdown. For good reason. We simply don't know what effect taking in a newspaper has - do we.

200 people calling someone out seems about right for the general 'fuck it' mood that seems to be prevailing from all these tough guys.

How many cases we got just now? 

I am sure with those 200 people's attitude we can double or treble it.

ETA: I read my Courier online:

https://edition.pagesuite.com/html5/reader/production/default.aspx?pubname=&pubid=29507a1f-e0fb-4f62-b03a-e67123597837

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

My (over?) reaction aside. 

We just don't know. A lockdown is a lockdown is a lockdown. For good reason. We simply don't know what effect taking in a newspaper has - do we.

Athol St was packed to day. It was like a ghost town in Lockdown 1. I couldn’t even find a park anywhere in central Douglas this afternoon to be honest. What lockdown is this? I certainly haven’t binned my Courier either.