IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, CowMan said:

Athol St was packed to day. It was like a ghost town in Lockdown 1. I couldn’t even find a park anywhere in central Douglas this afternoon to be honest. What lockdown is this? I certainly haven’t binned my Courier either. 

Exactly.

And erm, how many Cases do we have.

The Isle of Man has certainly took it's eye off the ball and kicked it over a cliff

14 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I’ve been expecting you Mr Bond .. 

But seriously it’s a bit of paranoia and overkill surely isn’t it? There’s over 200 comments up there now pointing out how silly that approach is. I’m sure Richard Butt doesn’t actually want to kill people by delivering infected newspapers to their door. 

James Corrin has took the huff and turned off comments

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mistercee said:

Had a look at the new "dashboard"  - looks like 10 mins work by a 10 year old. Thought the box in the Case Summary  "recovered or deceased" is a bit tactless.  

10 minutes work, by a 10 year old. 

Interesting. Have you ever worked in IT? How do you know this? 

I am curious. You see, over the last 35 years or so, since IBM invented the PC, anybody who can master a spread sheet thinks they are an IT expert. That is a problem World wide. 

5 minutes ago, CowMan said:

I’ve been expecting you Mr Bond .. 

But seriously it’s a bit of paranoia and overkill surely isn’t it? There’s over 200 comments up there now pointing out how silly that approach is. I’m sure Richard Butt doesn’t actually want to kill people by delivering infected newspapers to their door. 

I was actually quite reserved before, as someone else said it’s been the same for all post for nearly a year now, the risk has never gone away. Leave It for 24 hrs or stick it in the bin and wash your hands , but why tell the world about it FFS?!

There is probably more bacteria on her phone/tablet/laptop she typed that pointless Facebook message on than what’s on that paper.

There is also more chance of Covid on the food she buys, I suppose she’s been dosing everything in bleach before she eats it for the last year? Seeing as most of it goes through a UK supply chain before it even gets here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I was actually quite reserved before, as someone else said it’s been the same for all post for nearly a year now, the risk has never gone away. Leave It for 24 hrs or stick it in the bin and wash your hands , but why tell the world about it FFS?!

There is probably more bacteria on her phone/tablet/laptop she typed that pointless Facebook message on than what’s on that paper.

There is also more chance of Covid on the food she buys, I suppose she’s been dosing everything in bleach before she eats it for the last year? Seeing as most of it goes through a UK supply chain before it even gets here.

It was a bloke

Just thinking about whats gone wrong over the last few weeks in government infrastructure in handling this covid issue . You have just today the mistakes on the 'dashboard' , in the week people turning up for vaccine injections and being turned away having not received letters with cancelation  , problems with e mail's not received with injection confimation . Then you have issues with 111 phone lines , not getting through or getting cut off while waiting . The press briefings and the car crash that has been at times , the holding back of vaccines for no apparent real reason and the 'advising' a stay at home then a back to normal next day then a couple of days later a 3rd lockdown happened. Thats all just in the last couple of weeks . Actually when you think about it the performance mirrors the CS in every sector . Logistically they just really havent a clue while the boots on the ground have bailed them out continually . Lots of people getting lots of money for mediocrity sadly .  Sorry but the incompetence is getting to me now !   

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

So an island wide lockdown apart from andreas would seem the best way forward. Perhaps charter a plane to sunnier climes. 

Andreas generally resembles somewhere in lockdown anyway, apart from that one time they were hosting an international sheep shearing competition (that was actually a great day out) its totally deserted.

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

It was a bloke

Oh right, I didn’t see the post directly just saw what was posted here and the ‘Karen’ comment from Barlow.

Either way it hasn’t changed my opinion, it was clearly posted by someone craving attention and I guess they got it.

50 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

This is absolutely magnificent - the biggest open the borders. Guernsey is amazing, Jersey is fantastic, curtain twitching teacher hating no jet washing, Bill Shimmins loving serial user of the cringe inducing “Howie” “Ashy” & “Henny” shite calls someone out - lack of self awareness is bewildering 

image.jpeg.3a1c7386a915a34616b0ecbbd79c4cba.jpeg