IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yeah, just order whatever and have it delivered.

You're taking a gamble but it seems most people just don't give a damn anymore. 

Yes or if you don’t eat you die. How do you eat? Do you have a vegetable patch or do you sit picking the weevils out of crusty biscuits? 

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

It seems people are fed up now - hence 1000+ or whatever cases.

Yeah, just order whatever and have it delivered.

You're taking a gamble but it seems most people just don't give a damn anymore. Attention spans are shot to bits.

It's a war of attrition and they don't want to play anymore.

That and 25% have had at least one dose of vaccine so have fewer concerns. Not to mention loss of earnings and a government that seems incapable of reining in pink elephant vanity projects. ( for example; million pound bicycle bridges while they have hundreds of potholes to fix)

http://isleofman.com/News/details/28291/drivers-asked-to-report-potholes This is probably as old as some of the potholes out there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Pointy bolt sad face

Just about the best ever Manx blues artist. Famous for ‘That Ain’t no Andreas Woman’, Groudle on My Mind’ and ‘Snaefell Down on My Knees’

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I was actually quite reserved before, as someone else said it’s been the same for all post for nearly a year now, the risk has never gone away. Leave It for 24 hrs or stick it in the bin and wash your hands...

The post can be dangerous...I got Post-Traumatic-Stress last month when I opened up my Manx Gas bill.

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes got mine tomorrow. Incidentally just bumped into a pharmacist friend  , mentioned to him was having it tomorrow and he said make sure you have plenty of paracetomel handy . Make of it what you will . 

He wanted to sell you some?

It ain’t that bad. I, and most people I know, had little to no symptoms after the first dose. Second shot has more of an effect, as you’d expect. A few people went off sick for the day (on full pay, obviously) but most just got on with it and were fine the day after. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Don’t trap yourself in another endless spiral of repeating nonsense - Guernsey Border Relatives Howie Guernsey Border Shimmins Ashie Guernsey Border Airport Henny

Don’t trap yourself in endless crap as usual!

image.jpeg.cb7eeff374dff429885566fbe392daa4.jpeg

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wrighty said:

He wanted to sell you some?

It ain’t that bad. I, and most people I know, had little to no symptoms after the first dose. Second shot has more of an effect, as you’d expect. A few people went off sick for the day (on full pay, obviously) but most just got on with it and were fine the day after. 

I know him as a friend tbh and dont think he'd get rich on the profit of one pack of paracetmol lol but get what your saying and thanks ..I'm genuinely not bothered about it and any effects , I'm expecting some reaction but thats fine and in the big picture its small price  ......

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

image.thumb.png.5b08a30e2f92ed348341a95c17cadf5a.png

Looks like those northerners have got lucky

I must confess I was surprised by this as I didn't think that there would be that much difference between areas,  But it's very noticeable, especially if you adjust for population.  Postcode areas don't quite match local authority areas, but using the Census data to give a good idea you get the following figures for the post code areas of cases (in this latest outbreak) per 10,000 population:

IM1/2 (Douglas)  97

IM3 (Onchan) 122

IM4 (Central) 125

IM5 (Peel)  32

IM6 (Michael) 31

IM7 (North) 32

IM8 (Ramsey) 36

IM9 (South)  74

What I suspect this does show is that there actually was only one source of infection and that was in Douglas.

• Thanks 1