IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 hours ago, Out of the blue said:

There is no way Howie and co will be able to procrastinate until September if Guernsey open up entirely on 1st July as per their plan. His hand will be forced. It does show up however the different mindset of our Government when compared to our CI counterparts. Why do we always insist on zero dynamism, baby steps, uber caution with glacial progress?

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/isolation-rules-for-visiting-family-still-unknown-says-chief-minister/

HQ is clearly deluded. How many relatives and friends will come and isolate in your house for 2 weeks before being allowed to go out? How many of us have enough holiday to isolate at home for 2 weeks. The thought of this going on until September here, while the rest of the world moves forward is almost unbelievable. Fair enough if the rest of the world is still in lockdown, I think we can all accept that, but if it's just us there will be lots of unhappy peeps.

I foolishly thought the exit plan would have firm numbers in so we would all know the facts and have the freedom to make our own plans at our own risk. It doesn't. Full of maybes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We seem to be doing well on vaccinations now with quite a bit of catch up.  You could say that we didn't do the best to position ourselves for when the inevitable happened (covid on the island) and that it should have been a race because everyone knew there was a race, just we were not on the starting blocks when the starting gun fired. 

The race isn't against counterparts, but the virus itself. 

However, whilst the strategy was flawed, the front line chaps have delivered, yet again. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

When I went to Chester St for mine it struck me that I was about the only person who had filled out the consent form prior to getting there.

I was in and out in moments, there was a lot of people sat down filling forms out and a lot of empty booths waiting for them to fill their forms. 

Could be more efficient if everyone got a bit more organised before they turn up?

I think Ashie has mentioned this loads of times plus people bringing relatives along who aren’t able to give consent and having to leave without vaccinations 

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think Ashie has mentioned this loads of times plus people bringing relatives along who aren’t able to give consent and having to leave without vaccinations 

Would it be too easy to send the consent form with the letter?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Would it be too easy to send the consent form with the letter?

You'd think But you have to download it and print and I would guess a lot of the oldies don't have a printer.

The other thing about the download is the link is broken, a bit, it depends on what part of the link you click on as to where you end up. 3 pages can be accessed from the link, unless you click on the very end bit you don't go to the document. I don't know how that has happened and I have never come across similar in all my years of IT.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

You'd think But you have to download it and print and I would guess a lot of the oldies don't have a printer.

I'm not an oldie and I don't have a printer, I print around 20 pages a year at most so just use the library. Which is shut.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

When I went to Chester St for mine it struck me that I was about the only person who had filled out the consent form prior to getting there.

I was in and out in moments, there was a lot of people sat down filling forms out and a lot of empty booths waiting for them to fill their forms. 

Could be more efficient if everyone got a bit more organised before they turn up?

Could just send the form with the letter?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Yes, I went out and bought a printer especially so I could print out and fill in my consent form and my wife who will require her consent form for Monday after that I can throw the printer and paper etc. in the bin as I have everything else I require downloaded on my phone. FFS it takes a minute to fill in the consent form and if you read the invitation it states consent forms are available at each vaccination hub.

Edited by Beelzebub3
predictive text

28 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/isolation-rules-for-visiting-family-still-unknown-says-chief-minister/

HQ is clearly deluded. How many relatives and friends will come and isolate in your house for 2 weeks before being allowed to go out? How many of us have enough holiday to isolate at home for 2 weeks. The thought of this going on until September here, while the rest of the world moves forward is almost unbelievable. Fair enough if the rest of the world is still in lockdown, I think we can all accept that, but if it's just us there will be lots of unhappy peeps.

I foolishly thought the exit plan would have firm numbers in so we would all know the facts and have the freedom to make our own plans at our own risk. It doesn't. Full of maybes.

Good idea if you happen to own a business that rents out isolation cottages!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gladys said:

We seem to be doing well on vaccinations now with quite a bit of catch up.  You could say that we didn't do the best to position ourselves for when the inevitable happened (covid on the island) and that it should have been a race because everyone knew there was a race, just we were not on the starting blocks when the starting gun fired. 

The race isn't against counterparts, but the virus itself. 

However, whilst the strategy was flawed, the front line chaps have delivered, yet again. 

Yes that's true and it's good to see this. We were foolishly glib at the start, saying there was no rush for us. To be fair to Ashford he has conceded this now and to be further fair to him we are now delivering on the programme and credit where it is due.

• Like 3