IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

And still we let people in property/contractual workers/compassionate grounds. Seems lock down only begins at home. Will be interested in Hetty's take on the genomics and the good thing is she will have some one to check on her interpretation of the results. I am still not seeing this outbreak has stemmed from the one person on the steam packet

• Like 3

Just now, Roxanne said:

There are possibly only so many times you can see the leaders screw up without there being any accountability before you think fuck it, if they’re not taking any responsibility then why should I. 

Yes there is an element of that, but people shouldn’t need to be told to be sensible, what happened is everyone sensible carried on being cautious, whilst the vast majority just seemed to get back to ‘normal’ with a few days, like some sort of switch was flicked, even between lockdown 1 and lockdown 2 we weren’t living a ‘normal’ life, like many others were.

The attitude seems to be let’s lockdown for 3 weeks so we can live like it doesn’t exist afterwards,  for however long it takes to reappear again of course, rather than just accept it’s going to be a way of life and adapt to a ‘new normal’

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Yes there is an element of that, but people shouldn’t need to be told to be sensible, what happened is everyone sensible carried on being cautious, whilst the vast majority just seemed to get back to ‘normal’ with a few days, like some sort of switch was flicked, even between lockdown 1 and lockdown 2 we weren’t living a ‘normal’ life, like many others were.

The attitude seems to be let’s lockdown for 3 weeks so we can live like it doesn’t exist afterwards,  for however long it takes to reappear again of course, rather than just accept it’s going to be a way of life and adapt to a ‘new normal’

The new normal is going to be like the old normal I'm afraid.  It's just a question of time.

It's up to you how you want your new normal to be.  If that means seeing out the last 20 years of your life in your own "lockdown" set of protocols then good luck with it.

But for most, once.Conid stops being obsessionally reported on then it'll just be another thing that presents a risk as you get older.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

The new normal is going to be like the old normal I'm afraid.  It's just a question of time.

It's up to you how you want your new normal to be.  If that means seeing out the last 20 years of your life in your own "lockdown" set of protocols then good luck with it.

But for most, once.Conid stops being obsessionally reported on then it'll just be another thing that presents a risk as you get older.  

I’m definitely leaning towards the sod it and carry on brigade, but that would mean no lockdowns, I can’t be arsed locking down for 2 weeks just to have 3 weeks ‘normal’ freedom.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 2

The new or future or whatever normal is going to be the old normal, that's pretty clear. It's just a case of being a bit patient to get there. The vaccine and the returning sun will combine to reduce the amount of virus around and it'll all be fine again. 

Really, basically everywhere in the western world just needs to hold its nerve for another 2 months, but it won't, its going to rush and potentially fuck it up.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Yes but only thanks to the vaccine.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Really, basically everywhere in the western world just needs to hold its nerve for another 2 months, but it won't, its going to rush and potentially fuck it up.

Fingers crossed, hopefully the likes of Covid 20 will be prevented by a booster jab. 

Well true to form the usual logistic cockup at the airport vac hub. Just had mine and arrived down there with my pre printed consent forms , only one I could find on line , to be told sorry you need to fill out the forms we have , not your fault as the ones still up on website are wrong and they havent changed them. No problem and very slick , in and out in less than 10 mins and loads of staff dealing with everyone. Maybe too many . But how can they continually get simple logistics so wrong. Is it so hard for someone in authority to go through the procedure , each step and make sure it does as its supposed to do. Felt sorry for the staff down there as they where clearly frustrated by it but neverless cheery and doing a great job.  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cassie2 said:

You are making that up (''.....and also in stopping spread of virus''). I hope that you are a better Banker than a false Scientist. The infectiousness of someone who has been vaccinated and gets the virus (asymptomatically or with symptoms) is not yet known although the signs are encouraging that the Pfizer, Oxford and Moderna ones will reduce the transmission / infectiousness rates TO SOME EXTENT. The top insiders have speculated that this will only be between 30% and a possible maximum of 70%.

Only as vaccination rates become higher will researchers be able to try and discern the effect on infection and transmission patterns, although it can be difficult to distinguish the impact of inoculations from that of measures such as lockdowns, distancing and mask mandates. The completion of the vaccine trials testing for asymptomatic infections will bring additional information. Two trials are expected to finish in April. However, one is of a vaccine from China’s Sinovac Biotech Ltd., which has a reported efficacy rate as low as 50% against symptomatic disease. The other test is the Russian Gamaleya Research Institute’s shot, whose efficacy rate was 92% in clinical trials but it’s only a small study.

September should bring the completion of sizeable trials of some highly efficacious vaccines. But results for the shots that have proved most effective at preventing disease (around 95%) from Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech aren’t expected until October 2022 and January 2023, respectively.

You are obviously desperate to travel and / or to have more people allowed into the island and I have great sympathy with that as I usually travel umpteen times each year and across the globe.

Both the goals mentioned are possible right now under certain restrictions which you wish to have removed.

But for goodness sake do not expect anyone to pay any heed to made-up factually wrong nonsense from you in considering when it is sufficiently safe, right and proper to ease restrictions. 

You’re talking rubbish again, the top insiders you mention must be in your head as no one else has said it, here’s something on latest large data gathering in UK & Israel showing similar results with everything opening up to those vaccinated 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/health/covid-vaccine-results-public-health-england-b921793.html%3famp

Edited by Banker

1 hour ago, Lewis said:

With the extra deliveries already expected, stock today stands at 19,634, or 23% of the population! 

This figure is an absolute disgrace. How on earth can the Health minister be ok with having over 19,000 vaccines in stock and not actually used, building up immunity? Honestly I don't care whether the UK, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey, Outer Mongolia have done a higher percentage of 1st dose, 2nd dose or both doses. We all understand that we can only go as quick as the amount we receive but expect that it gets used as quickly as possible after we receive it. The excuses of "difficult to rearrange if we don't get the stock", "need to ensure that we have enough in stock in case the weather turns bad and deliveries don't arrive", "they aren't actually in stock as these are all allocated" just aren't good enough. It's truly shameful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1