IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, WTF said:

i've seen plenty of fat knackers on pushbikes that leave the question  is there a seat on the bike or does the post go up their arse to hold them in place.

Fat knacker - I prefer big boned...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I see an on island lawyer has written to the UK in relation to the Comis set up.

It'll be interesting to see how this intimately plays out.

intimately or ultimately ?   were there rubber gloves at the comis ?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Suggest you re read the article. It’s about the Jurby Hilton, not Comis. The 24/14 lockdown Solitary for new prisoners. The same policy as UK.

If he feels human rights are breached he can apply to court here. I see the other one, seeking volunteers for a Human Rights claims about Comis quarantine took down his FB appeal after abusive posts.

Proportionality is a difficult issue.

Apologies.  Half asleep still:o

The Comis should no longer be required.  Returnees can just go home and self isololate.  Test straight away. Re test 3 or 4 days later. If there are others in the house all self isolate until confirmed negative.

I was talking to a Doctor friend about this at Christmas and should we be concerned about what was happening in China. He had no concerns at all at that point.

Then just before the lockdown started, he was freaking out and claiming the Island was looking at potentially 3000 deaths.

So not even the 'experts' or certainly people that I would have thought would have a better understanding of the situation than I, seem to have a clue what to do/is going to happen. 

Unfortunately the longer this goes on the more I agree with Trump (which certainly starts you questioning yourself).

The reality is that this is unsustainable. The world economy is worth more than a few old or sick people who were going to die soon. It's just that they are all dying at the same time.

Although I say this as someone (relatively) young, (relatively) healthy, not poor, white and having done a lifetime of dangerous pursuits that could have killed me off many times over.

The vulnerable should be protected and the rest of the world needs to get on with it asap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I was talking to a Doctor friend about this at Christmas and should we be concerned about what was happening in China. He had no concerns at all at that point.

Then just before the lockdown started, he was freaking out and claiming the Island was looking at potentially 3000 deaths.

So not even the 'experts' or certainly people that I would have thought would have a better understanding of the situation than I, seem to have a clue what to do/is going to happen. 

Unfortunately the longer this goes on the more I agree with Trump (which certainly starts you questioning yourself).

The reality is that this is unsustainable. The world economy is worth more than a few old or sick people who were going to die soon. It's just that they are all dying at the same time.

Although I say this as someone (relatively) young, (relatively) healthy, not poor, white and having done a lifetime of dangerous pursuits that could have killed me off many times over.

The vulnerable should be protected and the rest of the world needs to get on with it asap.

You sure about Christmas. Wasn’t reported to WHO until 31/12 and WHO didn’t issue warnings until 13/1.

I think these people are not getting the big picture, at the time the Comis solution was implemented we were staring down the barrel of a gun. In hindsight it was an over reaction but all their criticisms seem to revolve around them feeling like lepers. At the time, a lot of people would have been happy for them all to have been gassed! 

I'm sorry for their hurt feelings but the government were doing what appeared to be best at the time! I mean really, 'left to the wolves'?? Some people know nothing about hardship or have any idea about coping with the real world!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=55501&headline=We were left to the wolves&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020 

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You sure about Christmas. Wasn’t reported to WHO until 31/12 and WHO didn’t issue warnings until 13/1.

Sorry, just checked old messages when we met up. It was Jan 18th. Timelines are getting blurred in lockdown......what day is it?

22 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think these people are not getting the big picture, at the time the Comis solution was implemented we were staring down the barrel of a gun. In hindsight it was an over reaction but all their criticisms seem to revolve around them feeling like lepers. At the time, a lot of people would have been happy for them all to have been gassed! 

I'm sorry for their hurt feelings but the government were doing what appeared to be best at the time! I mean really, 'left to the wolves'?? Some people know nothing about hardship or have any idea about coping with the real world!

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=55501&headline=We were left to the wolves&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2020 

The way that is written makes it seem as if this guy earned us all that vat money. 

Just now, the stinking enigma said:

Who put the welcome home banners inside his house? I can see a trip to jurby on the cards for someone, be nice to read a comparison of services 

Possibly sarcastic burglars breaking in a month ago

31 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm confused about the testing criteria.

You feel a bit off, probably a dodgy ruby, and you can get tested and be given the all clear.

But if you're repatriated and tested you still have to fester for two weeks in Stalag Comis at your own expense...

Shome mishtake shurely...?

15 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It wasn't just in hindsight an over-reaction though.  It was clearly one at the time.  No one else did anything so elaborate.  And what is more they dithered about deciding to do anything and then over-reacted, so there was no excuse about not having time to think.  Most countries had a return procedure for residents (usually similar to what is now being proposed here now) ready as soon as they closed their borders.  It took over a fortnight to even set up this Comis farce after the Island did and even now they're confused about what happens next.

Decision making from this government has been almost consistently dreadful from the start, though it did improve slightly when Quayle was ill.  What successes there have been seem to have mainly been due to people pushing from the medical side.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1