IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Well true to form the usual logistic cockup at the airport vac hub. Just had mine and arrived down there with my pre printed consent forms , only one I could find on line , to be told sorry you need to fill out the forms we have , not your fault as the ones still up on website are wrong and they havent changed them. No problem and very slick , in and out in less than 10 mins and loads of staff dealing with everyone. Maybe too many . But how can they continually get simple logistics so wrong. Is it so hard for someone in authority to go through the procedure , each step and make sure it does as its supposed to do. Felt sorry for the staff down there as they where clearly frustrated by it but neverless cheery and doing a great job.  

Does this mean it’s not the generic form you found earlier but the ones that specially say the vaccine strain? Only reason I ask is I need to print some more out for the family.

Edited by Annoymouse

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

19 of those being from an unknown source...which is a disappointing increase.

Yes looks like we’re heading for a Jersey size outbreak and at least they had borders open to blame for theirs, which I think Howie was quick to point out when it was happening!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Does this mean it’s not the generic form you found earlier but the ones that specially say the vaccine strain? Only reason I ask is I need to print some more out for the family.

Yes what I printed out and only one I could find is not the right one. Where you able to print the right one out from ? As I couldnt find it. The girls down there did say that its the wrong one online and they hadnt changed it yet. Everyone seemed to have the wrong ones but they had plenty of spares . They actually gave me a form for my second one today also. It is the Oxford astra zenica one they gave me . Hope it all goes okay for you all .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

Dashboard has been updated, 780 active now with 77 new cases 

4 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Would this not just be from the pre lockdown spread, people behaving normally and mixing as usual? The Kent variation does have a longer incubation period. 

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

I never said anything about everyone here being vaccinated by May! Ashie said all over 50s by May but who knows, once all vulnerable have one then open up borders as far as I’m concerned 

Hello again. ''Ashie said all over 50s by May'' - means first doses. It will be nearer July for the over 50s to have had both doses and then there is time needed for antibodies to reach fullest effectiveness.

If you were part of my close family I would be asking you to just be patient please for a bit longer. After almost 12 months now we are starting into the home stretch now. Impatience, any too rapid easing (see Italy) and any growing non-compliance now will only just set us all back for goodness knows how long. 

Some more patience is crucial right now - especially from the younger cohorts! Please, for your own sake if not everyone else's. 

Thanks for reading this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes what I printed out and only one I could find is not the right one. Where you able to print the right one out from ? As I couldnt find it. The girls down there did say that its the wrong one online and they hadnt changed it yet. Everyone seemed to have the wrong ones but they had plenty of spares . They actually gave me a form for my second one today also. It is the Oxford astra zenica one they gave me . Hope it all goes okay for you all .

Ok thanks for that, I’m not sure where the link is as I downloaded the original PDF files around 2 weeks ago, one was for Pfizer and the other for Astra Zeneca, we had ours the other week. All went ok expect for the sore arm and general run down feeling that seems to be the normal side effects .

• Like 1

Just now, Max Power said:

Would this not just be from the pre lockdown spread, people behaving normally and mixing as usual? The Kent variation does have a longer incubation period. 

Lets hope so. There was some talk of a slightly longer incubation period a while ago, but I've not heard it mentioned recently. 

The recent Guernsey outbreak peaked 12 days after the first unexplained cases. We are just about there now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Lets hope so. There was some talk of a slightly longer incubation period a while ago, but I've not heard it mentioned recently. 

The recent Guernsey outbreak peaked 12 days after the first unexplained cases. We are just about there now.

Yes but Guernsey didn’t say shut, open & then shut whilst letting schools open even though Tynwald was meeting remotely at same time due to risks!!

24 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

I'm also looking at the fact it's only 611 tests, thought there was supposed to be 1000 people coming out of isolation this weekend, please tell me they aren't being let out without a final test?

Unless they only count the first test and aren't counting the day 6/7 and day 13 tests?

77 new cases out of 611 is 12.6% so around about the numbers expected. 

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes looks like we’re heading for a Jersey size outbreak and at least they had borders open to blame for theirs, which I think Howie was quick to point out when it was happening!!

To be honest that’s not necessarily a bad thing. We’ve just got to get used to living with this which is what Jersey (largely by accident) has done. The problem is that a lot of people bought into the fact that they had created some impenetrable fortress here and that was always a very unlikely scenario longer term. The number of people this time who now seem to be saying they’re financially or mentally wiped out by this is a lot higher than in January. We just can’t do this ‘stop - start’ bollocks forever we need to get used to wearing masks and having screens and sanitizing and socially distancing and just cracking on with it. That’s it. If we’d have done that after the last lockdown then this outbreak wouldn’t have spread like it has and shops, cafes and restaurants and building sites could possibly have carried on trading with limited restrictions. 

It makes zero sense saying ‘As of midnight absolutely no precautions need to be taken anymore so burn your mask and go straight down the pub’ because it gives a false sense of security which just leaves us vulnerable to the next weak link in the system again. Which is basically what happened.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes but Guernsey didn’t say shut, open & then shut whilst letting schools open even though Tynwald was meeting remotely at same time due to risks!!

That shouldn't affect the timeline so much though, only the size of the outbreak - if - and its a big if - everyone follows the rules.