IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

The vaccination scoreboard showing 19,634 doses in stock (that was last updated Friday so could be around 2k less by now) with 10,433 Hub vaccinations booked. However only 2,309 are first doses so that measure not set to improve much. 

Greatly disappointing is that only 3,092 in total booked in the next 7 days indicating no preparations to quickly ramp up the rate using the increased supply. Actually looking like the opposite. Is the Rolls Royce stuck in first?   

2 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Which is somewhat ironic because services are under more strain now then they were last year, what happened to all the clappers and pot bangers on a Thursday night? Thank the NHS by staying at home? 

NHS doesn't mean just the few departments that are busy,  if you need cancer treatment or a dentist you know they aren't exactly rushed off their feet,  just on pause.

2 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

We were discussing this today. IOM gov seems to want all (total lockdown) or nothing (no social distancing, no masks etc). We should be considering some mitigation measures for society to operate.

Now it’s the only way to do it. Few people are staying at home anyway. The shops were packed in Douglas today with people just carrying on and taking precautions. A lot of construction and the trades still working on outside or empty house jobs etc. There’s a lot of activity going on. We can’t afford the bill for what’s probably going to be six weeks of shut down anyway. I really didn’t get all those dickheads being filmed in the pub at midnight last time round not masked and not distanced. The risks of catch something were exactly the same at 11:30 as they were at 12:30 yet within an hour everyone’s mask was in the bin and they’re crammed next to each other having a pint. You only need one under the radar positive case still circulating in that environment and you’re straight back to where we started. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

I'm also looking at the fact it's only 611 tests, thought there was supposed to be 1000 people coming out of isolation this weekend, please tell me they aren't being let out without a final test?

Unless they only count the first test and aren't counting the day 6/7 and day 13 tests?

77 new cases out of 611 is 12.6% so around about the numbers expected. 

You get let out on a day 1 & day 7 negative test but you aren’t mixing with anyone by law.

11 minutes ago, Lewis said:

The vaccination scoreboard showing 19,634 doses in stock (that was last updated Friday so could be around 2k less by now) with 10,433 Hub vaccinations booked. However only 2,309 are first doses so that measure not set to improve much. 

Greatly disappointing is that only 3,092 in total booked in the next 7 days indicating no preparations to quickly ramp up the rate using the increased supply. Actually looking like the opposite. Is the Rolls Royce stuck in first?   

Really need a journalist to pick this up and not settle for the usual pathetic responses.

8 minutes ago, Lewis said:

I've been watching the figures closely over the last couple of days. If you aspire to do 1000 jabs each day, you have to send 1000 letters each day, register 1000 customers, and book 1000 appointments - it's simple process and pipeline management. 

Yesterday, they booked 460 new appointment, and today (so far) 360. So unless they massively pick up the pace tomorrow, they will run out of people to jab, early next week.

There are lots of positive comments around about the people doing the jabs, but there's a definite impression that the people running the back office haven't got a grip on things, at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

Does this mean it’s not the generic form you found earlier but the ones that specially say the vaccine strain? Only reason I ask is I need to print some more out for the family.

I printed the one off which said the vaccine strain from the website and went to the airport this morning, no problem with the form in and out within 5 mins.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manx Yeller said:

Still get a day 13 or they don't bother?

Yes they do as I posted yesterday, a few had posted they were getting day 13 tests yesterday & over weekend. These are the 1000 that Ashie said would be getting released from isolation and are the high risk ones from that gig at Hydro and other events from c 14/16 days ago

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes they do as I posted yesterday, a few had posted they were getting day 13 tests yesterday & over weekend. These are the 1000 that Ashie said would be getting released from isolation and are the high risk ones from that gig at Hydro and other events from c 14/16 days ago

They don’t mate.

I know of at least 3 separate close contacts of positive cases (kids) who’ve had Day 1 and Day 7 and are released from SI on two negative tests.

Edited by Nom de plume

17 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

NHS doesn't mean just the few departments that are busy,  if you need cancer treatment or a dentist you know they aren't exactly rushed off their feet,  just on pause.

On pause? When things go back to ‘normal’ they’ll be completely overworked trying to play catch up again, I would imagine any hospital staff might well get redeployed, I can’t see them sitting at home on full pay watching Netflix.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

A huge proportion of those will end up resetting their isolation period due to someone else in the household testing positive/having symptoms, so it depends if their snapshot takes that into account, planned release from isolation and actual release is two different things.

14 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I've been watching the figures closely over the last couple of days. If you aspire to do 1000 jabs each day, you have to send 1000 letters each day, register 1000 customers, and book 1000 appointments - it's simple process and pipeline management. 

Yesterday, they booked 460 new appointment, and today (so far) 360. So unless they massively pick up the pace tomorrow, they will run out of people to jab, early next week.

There are lots of positive comments around about the people doing the jabs, but there's a definite impression that the people running the back office haven't got a grip on things, at all.

that assumes that all 1000 want to book a vaccine and that all 1000 will respond to the letter the day they receive it,  better to send 1500 letters a day and schedule accordingly based on the responses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

They don’t mate.

I know of at least 3 separate close contacts of positive cases (kids) who’ve had Day 1 and Day 7 and are released from SI on two negative tests.

The ones who are in isolation with no positive in household do , which is the ones I was referring to , think there’s about 15/1600 of those .