IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Hang on, need to clear this up in my own mind.

I’m referring to three separate families where their kids have been in close contact with a positive case and were asked to test.

Each child were tested on Day 1 and Day 7. All tests were negative and they were then released from their SI.

Are you suggesting that is incorrect because that is what has happened.

Close contacts had to get a day 13 test during the January outbreak.

Just now, MrG said:

My daughter was in close contact with a positive case and is having a day 13 test tomorrow. But that's probably because it took till day 8 for track and trace to call us to arrange a test on day 9 which was negative.

I guess that "track and trace" maybe works better when the number of people involved is much lower.

I guess that's why we are all on a lockdown at this point.

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

I guess that "track and trace" maybe works better when the number of people involved is much lower.

I guess that's why we are all on a lockdown at this point.

If an enclosed area such as the Isle of Man can't produce a working usable Track and Trace system then nowhere can.

How many £billions* did Boris throwaway to his pals to produce a Track and Trace system......that didn't work.

The Isle of Man could have produced a track and trace system for the world. We could have done with one or two £billlion.

*£37billion https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-test-trace-dido-harding-report-b1814714.html

10 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

Close contacts had to get a day 13 test during the January outbreak.

I know two families coming up to 14 days who have their 13 day tests booked. I think maybe the issue is it’s 13 days from the first assumed infection not 13 days from when they they actually self isolated. 

I presume that told to isolate peeps are not charged the 150 quid for testing. Would be pointless to pay when lockdown overrides the 21 days period.

If 'imports' are still being charged for their 14 day release, whilst, told to isolates , are recieving free swabs, it is more likely that returning residents, visiting relatives would stick to a 14 day paid fore tests rather than a 21 day freebe. That could be another source of import?

Perhaps free tests for all would, in the current situation, would be a price worth p...............

1 hour ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Glen Helen car park was packed.  If there something on there?

You were posting  this morning when Glen Helen was mentioned! Yet now you express surprise at the full car park!!!

33 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

We are now very clearly in a race between Covid19 and the vaccinations and it can be won if our DHSC and we all do what it takes. The DHSC has not covered itself in glory with the absurdly late starting (5 Jan vs 8 December) and an almost endless parade of inexcusable delays, opaqueness, stupidity, glitches and errors. We should be furious with them for all of that and we should all demand a fully independent inquiry and reckoning later.

Very very well put.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The Isle of Man could have produced a track and trace system for the world. We could have done with one or two £billlion.

I'm inclined to think that when human driven manual "track and trace" can no longer deliver quick results due to volume then that's the time for lockdown.

4 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Very very well put.

I disagree. Everyone is clearly trying their best and learning this as they go along. The blame thing is pointless. One of the worst things about consumer driven democracy is the idea that someone should always be held responsible. I nearly always roll my eyes at calls for pointless enquiries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, pongo said:

Many people seem to have come up with genuinely innovative alternatives to their normal ways of working. 

For many of us work is never going to be quite the same again after this.

I working other peolles houses improving them.

I need a van, tools, and extra guys to physically lift the stuff in and out.

My customers are 60% iom 40% UK and Europe.

My profits are pretty much the reverse (40/60) as the off island work tends to be higher end and higher margin.

People pretty much buy me rather than the service as they could (and in the case of those in the UK already are) get the same products elsewhere but people tend to buy from people.  Therefore remote meetings, sending in sub contractors etc doesn't work.

If you have any suggestions on how I sell a personal service more innovately crack on and share them.  Skype/teams etc doesn't cut it.

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I working other peolles houses improving them.

I need a van, tools, and extra guys to physically lift the stuff in and out.

My customers are 60% iom 40% UK and Europe.

You're not legally able to work in Europe any more or in UK atm anyhow right? Nothing to do with IOM lockdown.

But the massive increase in IOM demand over the past year must have been great.

Edited by pongo
  • Confused 3

23 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Everyone out there has a brain. Otherwise they would be dead. ( I think but I’m no doctor)

Well, if everyone does have a brain, as you suggest, I would suggest that everyone start using said brains (and stop relying on Gov), else everyone may well end up dead

1 minute ago, pongo said:

You're not legally able to work in Europe any more or in UK atm anyhow right? Nothing to do with IOM lockdown.

But the massive increase in IOM demand over the past year must have been great.

Ha yeah right.  My business like lots of others is based on me being able to easily get on and off the island.

Massive increase in demand lol.

Its ace that I have a huge backlog of work most of which I could be doing perfectly safely.

Its ace that suppliers still want paying for stuff they have delivered but which we can't invoice for because its not installed yet.

Mega paying for storage to keep things we can't take to peoples houses.

Cant be arsed trying to show you how massive the impact of this is to some others when you clearly aren't impacted in anyway at all.

• Thanks 1