IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

1. I was actually offered the first jab appointment within 2 days. But I waited for 5 so we could both go down together. Letter received, register (111 or online) get appointment. Not everyone will register fast, or at all. But there’s no reason to think it’ll drag on. Government can’t predict or control response rate. So offered is a better measure of what government is doing.

2. as Covid will still be out and about, and we don’t know how long vaccine immunity will last, and large parts of the world won’t be vaccinated into 22/23 the normal won’t be 2019.

3. Agreed.

I agree with 2. Living down in Cornwall with very, very low levels of active Covid we're worried about the summer influx of tourists.

FWIW I had my first jab on Friday - super smooth operation at a country showground, the whole operation from letter to website to jab could not have been smoother, I got the date for jab #2 at the same time.

I expect a booster later this year, also the news from Brazil is not at all good, I would keep the UK borders firmly closed for 2021, quite probably until mid-2022.

53 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

I expect a booster later this year, also the news from Brazil is not at all good, I would keep the UK borders firmly closed for 2021, quite probably until mid-2022.

You're not wrong, it certainly isn't looking pretty over there (source BBC News).

20210314_071130.jpg

20210314_071054.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
typo

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

You're not wrong, it certainly isn't looking pretty over there (source BBC News).

20210314_071130.jpg

20210314_071054.jpg

That's why you don't want people going to their holiday homes in 2021/2022 - especially Portugal / Spain.

13 hours ago, Cassie2 said:

We are now very clearly in a race between Covid19 and the vaccinations and it can be won if our DHSC and we all do what it takes. The DHSC has not covered itself in glory with the absurdly late starting (5 Jan vs 8 December) and an almost endless parade of inexcusable delays, opaqueness, stupidity, glitches and errors. We should be furious with them for all of that and we should all demand a fully independent inquiry and reckoning later.

And yet, despite that, as of yesterday both the UK and IoM have administered pretty much exactly the same number of doses per 100 population at 37/100. I appreciate that this isn't a race between the IoM and the UK, but a race against the virus, as you say, but in terms of number of doses administered per capita, the Isle of Man is in the top 5 or 6 in the world. We shouldn't lose sight of that fact when asking for independent inquiries and reckonings.

By comparison, the Germans, with all of their economic power and efficiency, have administered about 10.5 doses per 100 population. We may not be winning the race, but we are amongst the leaders.

5 minutes ago, Newbie said:

And yet, despite that, as of yesterday both the UK and IoM have administered pretty much exactly the same number of doses per 100 population at 37/100. I appreciate that this isn't a race between the IoM and the UK, but a race against the virus, as you say, but in terms of number of doses administered per capita, the Isle of Man is in the top 5 or 6 in the world. We shouldn't lose sight of that fact when asking for independent inquiries and reckonings.

By comparison, the Germans, with all of their economic power and efficiency, have administered about 10.5 doses per 100 population. We may not be winning the race, but we are amongst the leaders.

Apparently we are "miles behind Guernsey" according to someone on here.

30 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Apparently we are "miles behind Guernsey" according to someone on here.

Guernsey are doing really well with their vaccination programme, which is great, but comparing us to them doesn't really get us anywhere. The only comparisons worth making are firstly with the UK, since it is the border with them that we want to open up first. Making sure we are keeping up with the UK is important, to try to ensure that the border can open as soon as possible. Secondly, with the rest of the world. Guernsey being fully vaccinated is not going to prevent Covid returning in the future. The rest of the world being vaccinated is (or at least will help).

The rest of the world has some way to go, and at some point soon the UK (and IoM for that matter) should be looking at ways they can help in that process

Edited by Newbie
Added 'or at least will help'
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Newbie said:

The vaccine in stock figure is from the 10th March. It says so quite clearly.

My apologies, I thought it was a ‘live’ dashboard.

Can you please elucidate as to the current first dose stock or where I can find this data?

If it’s not live, do we all have to get our calculators out & subtract daily jabs in between? The 10th was 4 days ago.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Can you please elucidate as to the current first dose stock or where I can find this data?

I think some bits of it are more live than others! The vaccine in stock figure seems fairly worthless given it is only updated twice a week (though why that should be I don't know). I am not sure that the figure you are after is available. Perhaps you could contact PM and ask him to bring it up in the next press conference.

6 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

1. Can you please elucidate as to the current first dose stock or where I can find this data?

2. If it’s not live, do we all have to get our calculators out & subtract daily jabs in between? The 10th was 4 days ago.

1. As there are no second doses booked it’s all first dose stock.

2. yes. It’s about 5000 fewer today.

2 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I think some bits of it are more live than others! The vaccine in stock figure seems fairly worthless given it is only updated twice a week (though why that should be I don't know). I am not sure that the figure you are after is available. Perhaps you could contact PM and ask him to bring it up in the next press conference.

Is it not just a simple spreadsheet back data sum that subtracts from the stock when the dose is registered.

Or is that too hard for our Government?

Let’s keep the public guessing eh, all part of the fun.

FFS, really.

• Like 2