IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Lots of questions next week in Tynwald on present outbreak & restrictions, here’s a sample 

n. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
If he will establish an independent review of the COVID-19 outbreak that was linked to a case among the workers of the Steam Packet?
2. The Hon. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
What delays there were in reporting the Kent COVID-19 variant present on the Island and updating the symptoms list; and what the reasons for any such delays were?
3. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Chief Minister –
What plans the Council of Ministers has to introduce (a) support bubbles and (b) other support mechanisms to help single-person households deal with the challenge of lockdown?
 Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture–
What advice he received when the first known case of the latest COVID-19 cluster was identified in a school?

The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Chief Minister –
What the terms of reference are for the inquiry into the breakdown of coronavirus mitigation measures on the Isle of Man Steam Packet vessels?
27. The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Chief Minister –
If he will publish the legal advice received in respect of the coronavirus mitigation measures on the Isle of Man Steam Packet?
28. The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Chief Minister –
Who was responsible for issuing the entry certificates, exemption certificates, direction notices and other relevant documentation to the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company in respect of coronavirus?

Should be some lively debates!

I’d have much more respect for these back bench warriors if they’d been holding government to account properly throughout the entire administration and not simply 6 months before a general election.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Banker said:

Lots of questions next week in Tynwald on present outbreak & restrictions, here’s a sample 

n. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
If he will establish an independent review of the COVID-19 outbreak that was linked to a case among the workers of the Steam Packet?
2. The Hon. Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Chief Minister –
What delays there were in reporting the Kent COVID-19 variant present on the Island and updating the symptoms list; and what the reasons for any such delays were?
3. The Hon. Member for Arbory, Castletown and Malew (Mr Moorhouse) to ask the Chief Minister –
What plans the Council of Ministers has to introduce (a) support bubbles and (b) other support mechanisms to help single-person households deal with the challenge of lockdown?
 Member for Onchan (Ms Edge) to ask the Minister for Education, Sport and Culture–
What advice he received when the first known case of the latest COVID-19 cluster was identified in a school?

The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Chief Minister –
What the terms of reference are for the inquiry into the breakdown of coronavirus mitigation measures on the Isle of Man Steam Packet vessels?
27. The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Chief Minister –
If he will publish the legal advice received in respect of the coronavirus mitigation measures on the Isle of Man Steam Packet?
28. The Hon. Member for Ramsey (Mr Hooper) to ask the Chief Minister –
Who was responsible for issuing the entry certificates, exemption certificates, direction notices and other relevant documentation to the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company in respect of coronavirus?

Should be some lively debates!

I would love to see a question along the lines of given the government believed that Steam Packet crew were isolating as directed after their shifts how many spot checks of crew have taken place between March 2020 and Feb 2021

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Hey Mum, here's a present: Covid-19.!!!!

You should be alright, there's some folk on Manx Forums reckon there's little chance of you getting it, but you may as well shit yourself worrying for next few days, alternatively you could be shitting yourself in ICU on a respirator.

Byeee!!! Love Youuuu"

ETA:

Fair enough re vaccinations, but we're not ready to shout about that yet.

You appear to be one of these people who believes everything is all or nothing.

None of my friends in the UK whose mums have been allowed support bubbles now have dead or even ill mothers as a consequence.

This seems to be the issue with a lot of the islands COVID thinking.  People can't get their heads around there being lots of solutions that fall in between all or nothing and that the situation is changing all the time.

So in my example.  Why should a lady in her 70s who is fully vaccinated and hasn't had any social or physical contact for 2 weeks have to sit on her own all day and eat on her own while her neighbour and friend of 30 years sits next door in exactly the same situation.

There is no risk in one of them going to the others house.  The biggest risk is them.falling on the steps.

They are both intelligent adults who are being locked up for no sensible or justifiable reason.  They haven't seen anyone since getting their vaccines.  They are both vaccinated. They both want to see each other and have both said that they would take that risk even without the vaccine to avoid being so lonely but are both scared of being grassed up by neighbours.

Not living in total isolation doesn't have to mean a death sentence.  That is the same irrational nonsense the COVID/No COVID nutters are applying to borders.

The risks are decreasing everyday and the restrictions should be sensible and in line with risk whilst also considering people mental wellbeing.

There is no way on earth you can give a sensible justification for two old friends in the circumstances above not being able to share a lunch and having a chat and watching some old people TV together.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

You appear to be one of these people who believes everything is all or nothing.

None of my friends in the UK whose mums have been allowed support bubbles now have dead or even ill mothers as a consequence.

This seems to be the issue with a lot of the islands COVID thinking.  People can't get their heads around there being lots of solutions that fall in between all or nothing and that the situation is changing all the time.

So in my example.  Why should a lady in her 70s who is fully vaccinated and hasn't had any social or physical contact for 2 weeks have to sit on her own all day and eat on her own while her neighbour and friend of 30 years sits next door in exactly the same situation.

There is no risk in one of them going to the others house.  The biggest risk is them.falling on the steps.

They are both intelligent adults who are being locked up for no sensible or justifiable reason.  They haven't seen anyone since getting their vaccines.  They are both vaccinated. They both want to see each other and have both said that they would take that risk even without the vaccine to avoid being so lonely but are both scared of being grassed up by neighbours.

Not living in total isolation doesn't have to mean a death sentence.  That is the same irrational nonsense the COVID/No COVID nutters are applying to borders.

The risks are decreasing everyday and the restrictions should be sensible and in line with risk whilst also considering people mental wellbeing.

There is no way on earth you can give a sensible justification for two old friends in the circumstances above not being able to share a lunch and having a chat and watching some old people TV together.

I agree with you on this, but it was only a couple of days ago you were saying that we should all stay in and behave as though we are infected, and that the half arsed lockdown was doing your head in.

30 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I’d have much more respect for these back bench warriors if they’d been holding government to account properly throughout the entire administration and not simply 6 months before a general election.

To be fair , Edge & Chris Thomas have been fairly consistent over last 12 months in asking lots of questions, Hooper has only jumped on bandwagon in last 3 months 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Super Hans said:

but actually it says they will be 'offered' a first dose by the end of May, meaning they will send the letters out by the end of May from what I can deduce and therefore actual jabs will come sometime after this. I'm

This could also mean that people who have been offered the jab may choose not to take it. 

8 minutes ago, Newbie said:

I agree with you on this, but it was only a couple of days ago you were saying that we should all stay in and behave as though we are infected, and that the half arsed lockdown was doing your head in.

I was saying that we should be doing what we have been asked.  In that if one person is making a sacrifice then we all should.

I wouldn't have locked down st all  but thats not popular.

There should be logic applied to rules and there is very little evident at the moment.

I have also always weighed compassion and mental heth more heavily than some others and that won't ever change.  I think a lot of what we have done is verging on barbaric 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

To be fair , Edge & Chris Thomas have been fairly consistent over last 12 months in asking lots of questions, Hooper has only jumped on bandwagon in last 3 months 

On the contrary, if you look at the number of questions asked from October 2018 to date, the leaderboard for the number of questions asked is as follows:

Moorhouse 517

Hooper 446

Edge 326

Thomas 240

Watterson 209

So Hooper has consistently been one of the most prolific questioners this parliament.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Add link
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2021 at 7:15 PM, horatiotheturd said:

Just all do as HQ said (Jesus, did I just type that) and everyone assume they have it for a few weeks and take the relevant precautions.

How does that square with allowing neighbours and families to meet up?

1 minute ago, Newbie said:

How does that square with allowing neighbours and families to meet up?

If it is what we have been told to do and I am doing it then it is reasonable to expect others to do the same.

Doent mean I agree with it, just that we should all be in this together.

I wouldn't have locked down at all.  I would have implemented masks and social distancing together with isolation for positive cases and close contact and left those who wanted to shield with the option to do so if they wanted

I can agree with sticking to the rules that have been set whilst still questioning them and disagreeing with them.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

5 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

On the contrary, if you look at the number of questions asked from October 2018 to date, the leaderboard for the number of questions asked is as follows:

Moorhouse 517

Hooper 446

Edge 326

Thomas 240

Watterson 209

So Hooper has consistently been one of the most prolific questioners this parliament.

Manx Radio used to have a Morning Mandate programme. It would feature various local affairs and topical issues and it provided a voice for politicians, who were often interviewed live on the programme.

In October 2019 Manx Radio - once it had secured £1million per annum from the Giovernbment for the following 3 years - dumped the Morning Mandate programme. 

It was clearly too much effort to drag their arses out of bed and do interviews produce serious reports. Far easier to have a quiz and throw on a boy band record or something similar.

Manx Radio had squeezed out, or 'let go', most of the serious and competent staff/reporters/journalists/interviewers so it was a breeze to go into 'party time mode' and trash all the serious political stuff.

This where the public of the Isle of Man have been cut off from what their elected leaders are doing, or rather, not doing.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Moorhouse 517

Hooper 446

Edge 326

Thomas 240

Watterson 209

Who's the champ? MOOREHOUSE IS THE CHAMP!!! Take that you doubters!

• Haha 1