IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Who's the champ? MOOREHOUSE IS THE CHAMP!!! Take that you doubters!

He's also a muppet whose questions have little importance in the big picture . Also Chris Thomas count will be lower I'd say as he was ConMin for alot of the time and only asked more questions since he was a 'free' man ! 

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Who's the champ? MOOREHOUSE IS THE CHAMP!!! Take that you doubters!

As I've pointed out before, Moorhouse has the useful function that he will ask any question about anything for anybody.  There appears to be no quality control whatsoever.  There's a certain sort of democratic validity I suppose.

Now it does result in some monumentally stupid or trivial or pointless questions at time, but like all random actions it may alight on something useful by accident and it provides hours of harmless amusement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

On the contrary, if you look at the number of questions asked from October 2018 to date, the leaderboard for the number of questions asked is as follows:

Moorhouse 517

Hooper 446

Edge 326

Thomas 240

Watterson 209

So Hooper has consistently been one of the most prolific questioners this parliament.

I don’t count Moorhouse 😂 and 250 if hoopers are probably on post office!

here’s a cracker from Henderson who never normally asks anything 

14. The Hon. Member of the Council, Mr Henderson, to ask the Minister for Infrastructure –
When his Department intends to make regulations that will make drivers of motor vehicles use dipped beam head lights if the vehicle is not fitted with automatic daytime running lights?

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

More covid per head of population being reported on island daily than in the UK now. By quite some distance too.

Nowhere in the UK has such high figures as the IOM. Just FWIW (smug mode) we're at 0 - 2 per 100,000 which shows what can be done. Sadly it'll be a free for all with tourists before long...

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

As I've pointed out before, Moorhouse has the useful function that he will ask any question about anything for anybody.  There appears to be no quality control whatsoever.  There's a certain sort of democratic validity I suppose.

To be honest Moorhouse and Callister should have a competition as to who can ask the dumbest question put by a constituent. The dog walking one was fantastic at a special Tynwald session to discuss urgent covid matters. 

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Now it does result in some monumentally stupid or trivial or pointless questions at time, but like all random actions it may alight on something useful by accident and it provides hours of harmless amusement.

Of course there is a democratic validity. And there's an election looming and Phil Gawne is lurking is in the wings like a shadowy vampire.

People of Castletown and etc - VOTE MOORHOUSE

5 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Nowhere in the UK has such high figures as the IOM. Just FWIW (smug mode) we're at 0 - 2 per 100,000 which shows what can be done. Sadly it'll be a free for all with tourists before long...

Yeah, yeah, but our vaxx stations are dead posh and that.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yeah, yeah, but our vaxx stations are dead posh and that.

Was down Airport yesterday and they are pretty impressive and substantial. Sadly be struggling to travel anywhere soon and get booked in though. Cant see how they can remove the 'temp' works and manage to save any of the materials so seems a expensive answer for a temp problem. Also 5 close friends all living in Douglas or Onchan have all had to go there for there first injection which also seems a bit wrong when you have a massive space at Chester Street 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

If it is what we have been told to do and I am doing it then it is reasonable to expect others to do the same.

Doent mean I agree with it, just that we should all be in this together.

I wouldn't have locked down at all.  I would have implemented masks and social distancing together with isolation for positive cases and close contact and left those who wanted to shield with the option to do so if they wanted

I can agree with sticking to the rules that have been set whilst still questioning them and disagreeing with them.

The measures you suggest are sensible, but will not be implemented whilst elimination is the target. Over the next few weeks elimination may fall away if this variant proves to be more slippery than expected, in which case I imagine the measures you suggest will be similar to those introduced as the economy is opened. Personally I would like to get back to no restrictions so am tolerating this infernal lockdown, but if elimination means damaging lockdown after damaging lockdown, the bullet will have to be bitten sooner rather than later. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

To be honest Moorhouse and Callister should have a competition as to who can ask the dumbest question put by a constituent. The dog walking one was fantastic at a special Tynwald session to discuss urgent covid matters. 

To be fair to Callister, that was good politics, especially in an election year.  Most people might regard it as trivial, but a small number will care about it a lot and be relieved that their beloved pooches can have their walkies again and that's the sort of thing that wins votes.  (The dogs may be relieved as well, but they can't vote).

A lot of Moorhouse's questions may similarly pick up a few votes on behalf of constituents.  And he asks so many that those votes will mount up.  Arbory, Castletown and Malew (or Greater Grenaby as some may think of it) is an odd constituency, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get back in, figure of fun though he is.

6 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

The measures you suggest are sensible, but will not be implemented whilst elimination is the target. Over the next few weeks elimination may fall away if this variant proves to be more slippery than expected, in which case I imagine the measures you suggest will be similar to those introduced as the economy is opened. Personally I would like to get back to no restrictions so am tolerating this infernal lockdown, but if elimination means damaging lockdown after damaging lockdown, the bullet will have to be bitten sooner rather than later. 

My feeling privately they have already given up with elimination but dont know how to break it to all of us. Hence the ramp up of injections as thats the only way out now. Wonder when they will announce the extension of lockdown as there clearly going to have too .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2