IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Always dangerous jumping on the weekend figures, how many times has it been done only for Tuesdays to be fucking abysmal.

Those figures are abysmal enough. Horrendous.

Manx Radio didn't report number in hospital(16)

Edited by Barlow

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Go on then.

Why would that surprise you? Ars you one of those whoppers who thinks we should live in a bubble forever?

Absolutely not. To have a jump of 4 in 24 hours I though was high. When did we last have 16 in hospital? 

.....I am a whopper though. Guilty. 

9 minutes ago, Banker said:

look if you don’t want the information or to read the post just scroll on by and stop being an absolute dick head who contributes nothing 

Information and Opinion are 2 completely different things I can look at 44 cases and make my own mind up if it’s “only” or the 7th highest daily recorded IOM number of cases before scrolling on 

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Absolutely not. To have a jump of 4 in 24 hours I though was high. When did we last have 16 in hospital? 

.....I am a whopper though. Guilty. 

16 what in hospital? People? We have loads of people in hospital.

We also have loads of people with COVID, way more than the figures say. So be default some of the people in hospital will produce a positive COVID test.

This may or may not be relevant to why they are in hospital.

There is no reason why they can't make this information public.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Less than 500 tests completed and over 1,000 awaiting results so the improvement in numbers ain't what it seems to be.

Just to clarify '1000 awaiting results' is actually '1014 awaiting result notification' (see page 7 of the Dashboard).

This means a lot of people waiting to be told the outcome of their test, not that test is still being processed. So, those 1014 results are already in the headline figures. It isn't going to influence tomorrow's figures.

The number of tests completed shows that the positive test rate is now 9%, down from a steady 13-14% for the last week, which looks like a move in the right direction. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Information and Opinion are 2 completely different things I can look at 44 cases and make my own mind up if it’s “only” or the 7th highest daily recorded IOM number of cases before scrolling on 

My post & my opinion, if you don’t like it fine but stop being a dick about it 

• Like 1

Good news that the case numbers are decreasing. Good news that the positivity rate is down to 9% from 14%. Good news that the number of unknown source cases is down (although they are still trying to figure out if 5 are or not).

Really good news that in the last 3 days where we have seen 187 cases, only 3 are in the 70yrs and above age range. Vaccines as well as lockdown having an effect?

Really bad news that we have 4 more folk in hospital. Lets hope they all make a full recovery.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, madmanxpilot said:

Good news that the case numbers are decreasing. Good news that the positivity rate is down to 9% from 14%. Good news that the number of unknown source cases is down (although they are still trying to figure out if 5 are or not).

Really good news that in the last 3 days where we have seen 187 cases, only 3 are in the 70yrs and above age range. Vaccines as well as lockdown having an effect?

Really bad news that we have 4 more folk in hospital. Lets they all make a full recovery.

Yes it is good but be careful expressing an opinion on the figures otherwise you will have Helmet slagging you off as he can form his own opinion 😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

16 what in hospital? People? We have loads of people in hospital.

We also have loads of people with COVID, way more than the figures say. So be default some of the people in hospital will produce a positive COVID test.

This may or may not be relevant to why they are in hospital.

There is no reason why they can't make this information public.

There is EVERY reason.

It keeps the plates of fear spinning.