IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No he said the opposite.  As far as I can tell the lab seems to be completing all the testing of swabs taken each day - though by working into the night to do so.  But I can't believe people are waiting that long for results without kicking up a fuss.  I suspect they've forgotten to include people informed by e-mail or something like that.  

23 hour turnaround from a test friday to result saturday for someone I know.

43 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Yes she stuck it to the Quayle Administration with the Goat question.

Really held them to account, nearly brought comin down.

Sure, she’s gone off to crazy land more than once, but she does actually tackle the government unlike most of the supine twats.

21 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The number awaiting to be told is still a literally unbelievable number though.    Presumably they prioritise positive cases, but it still implies people are waiting an average of three days since their swab was taken.  I suspect something wrong with the way they do the figures.

The rate dropped on Friday too and then went up on Saturday.  It's really far too soon to tell and no one ever should have expected it to be any different.  At best it confirms we are plateauing though at an uncomfortably high rate.  Announcements of victory aren't just premature at this stage, they're slightly sad.

You'd hope there was some effect, but there was only one case over 65 in the January outbreak (admittedly out of only 50 odd cases) which was too early for vaccination to have any effect.  So it may be more to do with older people still shielding and mixing less. 

Its important be as negative as possible.  Tedious.

20 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes if we all shut our eyes really tightly, naughty Mr Covid will just go away.

That's up there with you're usual patronising tone.

Sadly, people like you are going to have to get to grips with the fact that there will come a time (and it's not as far away as you like to wish it was) where cases won't be reported.  A bit like we don't report other viral cases.  Get used to that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

No he said the opposite.  As far as I can tell the lab seems to be completing all the testing of swabs taken each day - though by working into the night to do so.  But I can't believe people are waiting that long for results without kicking up a fuss.  I suspect they've forgotten to include people informed by e-mail or something like that.  

Why would people "kick up a fuss" having to wait? 

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Its important be as negative as possible.

It's the figures that will determine when we can ease off, not the talk about them.

I have to say after what we have seen that I would rather stand by  @Roger Mexicoopinions than anyone else's.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TerryFuchwit said:

That's up there with you're usual patronising tone.

Sadly, people like you are going to have to get to grips with the fact that there will come a time (and it's not as far away as you like to wish it was) where cases won't be reported.  A bit like we don't report other viral cases.  Get used to that.

If someone died of measles it would make the local news. I think that in a few years someone dying of covid will too, as it will have become unusual. Won't be as quick as you seem to think though, but that's where we will end up I reckon.

2 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Why would people "kick up a fuss" having to wait? 

Yes, not like its important to know whether you are going to be banged up in isolation,  or if you have to start remembering where you have been and with whom, etc. 

We are about to hit 14 days into lockdown in a few so the early postives will become negatives (i.e. they've recovered) so that should be the clsoe to the peak as less new cases are added to that shrinking number and then hopefully, it'll be the long tapering off as cross-infections within homes play out.

I think we'll see an easing of some restrictions once the 3-day or 7-day average takes a distinct downturn.

Out of the 3,500 or so isolating last week, how many have now had a negative test and are free to do as everyone else does? 

It is then literally a race to get as many vaccinated as possible while we are semi-locked down so we shouldn't see a surge once lockdown ends with 6 to 10 cases a day. [fingers crossed].

I know I for one would rather wait one or two days at the end of the lockdown rather than face another one (or even half measures) just two weeks later. Vaccination has alwyas been the only wait out Covid.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, not like its important to know whether you are going to be banged up in isolation,  or if you have to start remembering where you have been and with whom, etc. 

Most normal people accept how incredibly busy people are working on others behalf.

I'm not sure many will kick up a fuss about it taking a little longer to get a result.  It's hardly life altering waiting for it is it?

Some peoples attitudes. Jesus wept.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1