IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

We are about to hit 14 days into lockdown in a few so the early postives will become negatives (i.e. they've recovered) so that should be the clsoe to the peak as less new cases are added to that shrinking number and then hopefully, it'll be the long tapering off as cross-infections within homes play out.

I think we'll see an easing of some restrictions once the 3-day or 7-day average takes a distinct downturn.

Out of the 3,500 or so isolating last week, how many have now had a negative test and are free to do as everyone else does? 

It is then literally a race to get as many vaccinated as possible while we are semi-locked down so we shouldn't see a surge once lockdown ends with 6 to 10 cases a day. [fingers crossed].

I know I for one would rather wait one or two days at the end of the lockdown rather than face another one (or even half measures) just two weeks later. Vaccination has alwyas been the only wait out Covid.

I'll be surprised if the schools are not back when they're scheduled to be post Easter on 12th April.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2021 at 6:12 PM, TerryFuchwit said:

I'll be surprised if the schools are not back when they're scheduled to be post Easter on 12th April.

Yes, I think they'll play it out that way rather than go back for a few days before breaking up again. Schools and teachers can prep for return and thew switch from online to classrooms. Hopefully, they will have sorted out the plan for essential/vulnerable kids just in case. I have to admit I didn't think bringing all of those kids into one space (albiet in bubbles etc) was a great idea.

One or two slips ups and suddenly you'd have a lot of essential workers having no choice but to self-isolate at the same time or not go home for two weeks which would be horrendous.

Edited by CallMeCurious
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Wonder whats the latest on the hub schools ? Gone very quiet .

Not this week they said at last briefing as too risky so a number of critical workers will be unable to do their critical jobs unless they have families to provide childcare 

• Like 2

i keep reading that the vaccine doesn't stop you getting covid it just lessons all the symptoms so you are less likely to die ( not that there is large risk of  that anyway without underlying / unknown health conditions )   so unless they don't test vaccinated people why would the number of people with covid drop ?

• Confused 1

Just now, Banker said:

Not this week they said at last briefing as too risky so a number of critical workers will be unable to do their critical jobs unless they have families to provide childcare 

Yes Ashford did suggest that grandparents could be used for childcare for essential workers - so its absolutely fine for 75 year old grandparents to look after your kids but not 30 year old teachers in hubs as it’s too risky! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

We are about to hit 14 days into lockdown in a few so the early postives will become negatives (i.e. they've recovered) so that should be the clsoe to the peak as less new cases are added to that shrinking number and then hopefully, it'll be the long tapering off as cross-infections within homes play out.

I think we'll see an easing of some restrictions once the 3-day or 7-day average takes a distinct downturn.

Out of the 3,500 or so isolating last week, how many have now had a negative test and are free to do as everyone else does? 

It is then literally a race to get as many vaccinated as possible while we are semi-locked down so we shouldn't see a surge once lockdown ends with 6 to 10 cases a day. [fingers crossed].

I know I for one would rather wait one or two days at the end of the lockdown rather than face another one (or even half measures) just two weeks later. Vaccination has alwyas been the only wait out Covid.

Ashie said about 1000 due out of isolation over weekend period if they tested negative 

1 minute ago, CowMan said:

Yes Ashford did suggest that grandparents could be used for childcare for essential workers - so its absolutely fine for 75 year old grandparents to look after your kids but not 30 year old teachers in hubs as it’s too risky! 

And hub schools would (presumably??) have safety measures in place too. I agree that allowing grandparents to provide childcare makes no sense and if I were a very cynical person, I might suggest that some people might take advantage of this to mix households.

31 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Most normal people accept how incredibly busy people are working on others behalf.

I'm not sure many will kick up a fuss about it taking a little longer to get a result.  It's hardly life altering waiting for it is it?

Some peoples attitudes. Jesus wept.

TerryFuchwit aptronym.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

i keep reading that the vaccine doesn't stop you getting covid it just lessons all the symptoms so you are less likely to die ( not that there is large risk of  that anyway without underlying / unknown health conditions )   so unless they don't test vaccinated people why would the number of people with covid drop ?

Well they won't be testing anyone eventually.   If they tested everyone for Flu every winter how many do you think would have it? Four figures probably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Itsmeee said:

And hub schools would (presumably??) have safety measures in place too. I agree that allowing grandparents to provide childcare makes no sense and if I were a very cynical person, I might suggest that some people might take advantage of this to mix households.

They’re up shit creek that’s why with so many families isolating they can’t then have those who aren’t in isolation taken out due to child care issues on top so it seems fine to expose the elderly if they’re happy to accept the risk. 

36 minutes ago, CowMan said:

The 75 year olds will have been vaccinated

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Pipsqueak said:

it just lessons all the symptoms so you are less likely to die ( not that there is large risk of  that anyway without underlying / unknown health conditions ) 

Appx 2000 per day currently dying in Brazil. I doubt they've all got underlying health issues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-56355861

Mr Bolsonaro has downplayed the threat from the virus. Earlier this week he told people to "stop whining".

There are a few here who have expressed similar sentiments. Calling people "bed wetters" and arguing that everyone should all just get on with it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1