IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

47 minutes ago, Cambon said:

I think it was more to do with hand holding children to university.

Is this now a thing?

OK, I appreciate that it is different maybe living on IoM but in my day we were lucky to get a lift to the boat (only 1 person in my year used the plane) with a rucksack on our back.

Even the rest of the uni/poly kids from mainland Britain made their own way, although a few were picked up at the end of the year. 

I think that was all part of the education. That loan tentative step onto the boat was the beginning of the big university journey.

8 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Is this now a thing?

OK, I appreciate that it is different maybe living on IoM but in my day we were lucky to get a lift to the boat (only 1 person in my year used the plane) with a rucksack on our back.

Even the rest of the uni/poly kids from mainland Britain made their own way, although a few were picked up at the end of the year. 

I think that was all part of the education. That loan tentative step onto the boat was the beginning of the big university journey.

They seem to have to take a lot more stuff these days, did you have to bring bedding, towels, cooking utensils, plus the obligatory PS and TV ? Try and get that lot in a rucksack with your clothes!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Ultimately what is the end game here? Not just for the island but the world in general? The virus is surely to widespread now to suppress or eradicate it. Are we just going to have lockdowns/restrictions until there is a vaccine that may never arrive? Nobody anywhere to my knowledge has come out and said what the ultimate plan is.

I’m not sure there is a plan, but here’s what I think will happen. 

There’ll be a vaccine by the end of the year. It’ll be partially effective but we’ll all have it, which will increase the level of population immunity. We’ll get back to normal, while getting used to living with covid just like we live with flu, norovirus, MRSA etc. Lockdowns will stop, but there’ll be more barrier nursing in hospitals and nursing homes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I’m not sure there is a plan, but here’s what I think will happen. 

There’ll be a vaccine by the end of the year. It’ll be partially effective but we’ll all have it, which will increase the level of population immunity. We’ll get back to normal, while getting used to living with covid just like we live with flu, norovirus, MRSA etc. Lockdowns will stop, but there’ll be more barrier nursing in hospitals and nursing homes. 

Hope you’re right , the new test which gives results in 90 minutes will hopefully help with testing on arrival 

7 hours ago, Banker said:

They seem to have to take a lot more stuff these days, did you have to bring bedding, towels, cooking utensils, plus the obligatory PS and TV ? Try and get that lot in a rucksack with your clothes!

Of course we took a towel. Bedding I bought. I wasn't booked into a hotel. I worked 3 nights a week and every holiday too. No TV.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

That it works but you seemed to imply there was a problem with the new test

I wasn't implying anything. I was simply suggesting that you look into to things as they are here rather than relying on sponsored articles on the BBC. I'm going to assume you didn't  look it up so to help you out

• Thanks 1

On 8/3/2020 at 10:45 AM, thommo2010 said:

My thoughts were lockdown was needed in the first place to protect the nhs, now these new cases dont seem to be putting anywhere as many people in hospital it seems to be mild to no symptoms. 

It’s the craziness still around it all though. A friend of mine in the UK was telling me a story the other day of a woman who attacked his wife for not wearing a mask in a shop. Apparently yelling and screaming into her face like a proper gammon going on about everyone’s life being at risk and the fact that she was in poor health and that covid could kill her. What was she buying in the shop shortly before this outburst? Twenty B&H. So clearly quite happy to die of cancer but whipped up into an irrational rage about a virus that’s got less chance of killing her than cancer. Many people need to get a clear sense of perspective rather than sucking up all the crap they read. 

edited: actually prime case in the DM today what’s the betting this fat angry cunt dies of a heart attack before covid gets him? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8591533/Tube-passenger-takes-Instagram-model-task-refusing-wear-mask.html

Edited by thesultanofsheight