IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

26 minutes ago, jaymann said:

I don't disagree with you.

But I'd be intrigued to know how our flu deaths look versus 19/20 winter if I'm honest.

I think that you would have look back further to when Flu Jabs were introduced. Why did we concentrate our resources on a vaccine for winter flu rather than let x people die from it with co commordity rather than try to prevent these deaths.

Much like at the  moment?

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Arriving back on the Island today I did wonder why there's 5 G4S staffers in the lobby waiting for people to check they're permitted to arrive etc.

Surely this is costing a fortune when there's plenty of Gov staff capable of doing the role?

G4S on a Sunday hourly minium wage will be alot less than government staff on overtime being a Sunday I would imagine . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Arriving back on the Island today I did wonder why there's 5 G4S staffers in the lobby waiting for people to check they're permitted to arrive etc.

Surely this is costing a fortune when there's plenty of Gov staff capable of doing the role?

Probably redeployed traffic wardens?

1 hour ago, Banker said:

You really are a doom & gloom merchant aren’t you , obviously want permanent lockdown .

Have you thought about joining samaritans to give out your cheerful advice?

It seems that if you don’t buy into the overriding doom message all you do is get bullied and harassed by the doom peddlers anyway. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

The figures mean nothing about the risk to the community.

They are only testing people with symptoms or some people who have been in contact with known cases.  It gives no indication of the actually level of COVID in the community.  None at all.

I wasn't tested, I could have had it.  The majority of people never show symptoms. 

A certificate? I have no idea what you are on about but would happily be tested everyday if it meant I could get my life back. 

The figures mean nothing about the risk to the community.'''''

Of course they do, even if not fully reported at the moment, that's a situation that will become worse under mitigation because people will be less likely to report symptoms!

'''A certificate''?

In mitigation we will be required to assess our own risks? Without your companies covid free certificate how can we assess that risk?

Why should I allow your company into my house without certification? Why would you allow your employees into my house if it puts them at risk?

Mitigation may be the way out of our current situation but we can expect our Govt to step in when required?

If they don't, we will blame them for our personal ills, so they will still  intervene as they think necessary to protect us from ourselves!

So, what is the name of your company so that I can decide if I want to employ you given your cavalier attitude on here???

Edited by Kopek

52 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

G4S on a Sunday hourly minium wage will be alot less than government staff on overtime being a Sunday I would imagine . 

G4S must be billing out to Gov at £25/hr minimum I'd imagine. That's their business.

But yes, I forgot it's a Sunday. Not sure if they're the norm now. They weren't when I last came back in October.

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

The figures mean nothing about the risk to the community.'''''

Of course they do, even if not fully reported at the moment, that's a situation that will become worse under mitigation because people will be less likely to report symptoms!

'''A certificate''?

In mitigation we will be required to assess our own risks? Without your companies covid free certificate how can we assess that risk?

Why should I allow your company into my house without certification? Why would you allow your employees into my house if it puts them at risk?

Mitigation may be the way out of our current situation but we cannot expect our Govt to step in when required?

So, what is the name of your company so that I can decide if I want to employ you given your cavalier attitude on here???

My cavalier attitude?

Did you or any of your family go anywhere between the first case being identified and the lkckdown being announced? Did you go out on the Sunday after they told us all to go home on the Saturday?  If you have kids didnthey go to school on the Monday ot Tuesday?

If any of the above, then that was pretty cavalier.

• Like 1