IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

If I'm honest, I'm tired of trying to pin cock ups on the Gov. 'Look what they could have done.'

I'd be more focused on just holding them to getting this vaccine rollout done as quickly as is safely possible and on our exit strategy to normality.

Avoidable lockdown? Maybe. But at this point, who cares? We are where we are. Nobody in Tynwald is really holding them to account bar the odd backbencher or some MLCs. It's going nowhere.

I'm worn out by COVID now. Its cost me tens of thousands. I just want to see it over and going round the bullshit circle isn't going to help end it.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 9

4 minutes ago, jaymann said:

If I'm honest, I'm tired of trying to pin cock ups on the Gov. 'Look what they could have done.'

I'd be more focused on just holding them to getting this vaccine rollout done as quickly as is safely possible and on our exit strategy to normality.

Avoidable lockdown? Maybe. But at this point, who cares? We are where we are. Nobody in Tynwald is really holding them to account bar the odd backbencher or some MLCs. It's going nowhere.

I'm worn out by COVID now. Its cost me tens of thousands. I just want to see it over and going round the bullshit circle isn't going to help end it.

The reason to hold them to account is so they don't get a chance to do it again and again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

The reason to hold them to account is so they don't get a chance to do it again and again. 

Then vote later this year.

Unless these backbenchers that were frenzied around passing through the 'oust the CM' legislation get in to gear and actually look to do something with it... nothing is going to change. Or until Alf or someone else in COMIN steps up and speaks out, it's wasted energy.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Then vote later this year.

Unless these backbenchers that were frenzied around passing through the 'oust the CM' legislation get in to gear and actually look to do something with it... nothing is going to change. Or until Alf or someone else in COMIN steps up and speaks out, it's wasted energy.

It's not just MHKs though is it? There are some senior CS that need to be weeded out too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AlanShimmin said:

It's not just MHKs though is it? There are some senior CS that need to be weeded out too. 

Probably. But everything negativeand ridiculous I hear about inner rumblings of Gov throughout this pandemic relate primarily to HQ, DA and the DHSC CEO Magson.

The apple is rotten at the core. Energy needs to switch from 'should you have done this or that' to ensuring this vaccine rollout keeps pace and they don't dally with the exit plan leading up to the election.

Edited by jaymann
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Spot on! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

My cavalier attitude?

Did you or any of your family go anywhere between the first case being identified and the lkckdown being announced? Did you go out on the Sunday after they told us all to go home on the Saturday?  If you have kids didnthey go to school on the Monday ot Tuesday?

If any of the above, then that was pretty cavalier.

No, No and No.

It was  obvious from Saturday that lockdown was inevitable, so I treated it as so.

However, I did go in on Monday to prep up and then again on Tuesday to throw it all away! I didn't wait for the official announcement, it was  obvious that lockdown was coming. That's our Govts fault for prevaricating, I took the decision on common sense and it may have prevented some cross contamination?

You still haven't named your company so that we can assess the risks of your operation or the risks that you are prepared to expose your employees! to!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Ashie said about 1000 due out of isolation over weekend period if they tested negative 

This is the thing. As I said several days ago, anybody who has either tested positive, or  has been asked to isolate as a high risk contact, is tested on days1, 7 and 14. Many thousands of tests will be done over the next couple of weeks. However, nearly all will be negative. 

44 is a very positive figure. I expect that to halve on Tuesday.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

No, No and No.

It was  obvious from Saturday that lockdown was inevitable, so I treated it as so.

However, I did go in on Monday to prep up and then again on Tuesday to throw it all away! I didn't wait for the official announcement, it was  obvious that lockdown was coming. That's our Govts fault for prevaricating, I took the decision on common sense and it may have prevented some cross contamination?

You still haven't named your company so that we can assess the risks of your operation or the risks that you are prepared to expose your employees! to!

I am not going to name my company.

My staff know the score, they are sensible and intelligent adults. 

They know they wouldn't be put at any unnecessary risk.  The reason for my frustration over this whole stupid situation is that they can quite happily and safely enter peoples houses and do what they need to do with no risk.  It is no different to a spark or plumber going in somewhere to deal with an "emergency".

They also know that even without masks and keeping clients in other rooms the risk is absolutely miniscule of them being infected, and even less of them becoming ill because they are all reasonably young, fit, healthy and because of the nature of their work normal BMI

2 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

I am not going to name my company.

My staff know the score, they are sensible and intelligent adults. 

They know they wouldn't be put at any unnecessary risk.  The reason for my frustration over this whole stupid situation is that they can quite happily and safely enter peoples houses and do what they need to do with no risk.  It is no different to a spark or plumber going in somewhere to deal with an "emergency".

They also know that even without masks and keeping clients in other rooms the risk is absolutely miniscule of them being infected, and even less of them becoming ill because they are all reasonably young, fit, healthy and because of the nature of their work normal BMI

OK OK, I didn't really expect you to do so.

Your entreaty to allow 'Mitigation' has to allow people to make their own decisions, how can they without the  info of what those risks are? How can they without some indication of the risks your company presents?

This is more about how 'Mitigation' would work other than your companies involvement in that. You do not seem to see the operation of such but from your own point of view?

I wish you well, it is a situation that none of us are benefiting from!

I'm a cynic of Govt action, so I do not see  mitigation as an ' Yeah, that's the way to do it', solution.

Edited by Kopek