IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

OK OK, I didn't really expect you to do so.

Your entreaty to allow 'Mitigation' has to allow people to make their own decisions, how can they without the  info of what those risks are? How can they without some indication of the risks your company presents?

This is more about how 'Mitigation' would work other than your companies involvement in that. You do not seem to see the operation of such but from your own point of view?

You are talking about the risk of me and my staff going into someone's house.

It is miniscule, even if four of us went in there and all happened to be COVID positive at the same time without symptoms.

If we had symptoms obviously we would stay away.

Life needs to go on.  If an individual decides they don't want anyone in their house I guess they won't be getting much work done, or they are of course welcome to go out while people are there (which most do anyway for work etc)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I wish you well, it is a situation that none of us are benefiting from!

Crappy balloon businesses, cupcake businesses, lenty of takeaway food businesses etc have done very nicely out of this situation.

That is what winds people up, the total inconsistencies. 

Oh. Plus Gef the bloody mongoose

Edited by horatiotheturd

Hey,

Just back in from watching the golf from Florida.

Great to see America has cleared up the Covid mess judging by the fans, crowd hugs, high fives, lack of social distancing etc 

What did I miss here?

We still complaining that Dot and Alan from No. 42 aren’t wearing their face coverings whilst out with the dog ......

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

Crappy balloon businesses, cupcake businesses, lenty of takeaway food businesses etc have done very nicely out of this situation.

And Government employees like a few on here , Pxxxo

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Oh, come on, none of those businesses you mention will have made a fortune out of Covd, most will have probably lost out on the service?

Good on them to try to keep their business going even tho most would have been better off  on Govt mira type assistance?

You're ignoring my above references to Mitigation and how it would work . You're just saying, 'Yeah, mitigation, go for it'', without considering all the possible consequences, you supply me with a covid free certificate but do I provide you with such? Your employees catch covid, no problem, long covid or death? Will your insurance cover you? Will you face millions, personally, to cover your liability?

Mitigation is a great idea but it is not yet fully thought through?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Mitigation is a great idea but it is not yet fully thought through?

Nor was elimination.  Completely impractical, unachievable and so hard to turn around expectations when it is proven to be unrealistic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

There are lies, Dammed lies Then there are stashitics. And then there is the bunch of shite delivered by the governments Dashboard which is supplied by the ass wipe trio who should not be allowed near an abacus let alone test figures

You sound like an idiot.

19 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Nor was elimination.  Completely impractical, unachievable and so hard to turn around expectations when it is proven to be unrealistic.

How would “living with the virus” actually work?

It seems that one of the cornerstones would have to be testing and limiting mixing of groups. Schools would be incredibly difficult to keep open. As would core services.

The hospital would be overwhelmed by anyone who has a more serious symptoms. We would be looking at 1000s of active cases? 

Prison officers, power station workers etc would have to be cut off from society or there would have to be bi weekly testing of all key workers. 

Seems like a ridiculously risky strategy when we could have bubbles and social distancing for a few months until vaccinations are completed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, TomTucker said:

How would “living with the virus” actually work?

It seems that one of the cornerstones would have to be testing and limiting mixing of groups. Schools would be incredibly difficult to keep open. As would core services.

The hospital would be overwhelmed by anyone who has a more serious symptoms. We would be looking at 1000s of active cases? 

Prison officers, power station workers etc would have to be cut off from society or there would have to be bi weekly testing of all key workers. 

Seems like a ridiculously risky strategy when we could have bubbles and social distancing for a few months until vaccinations are completed.

Mitigation isn't 'living with the virus', it is risk assessment and may well involve, in the main, a redefinition of what the health service is expected and intended to deliver for free. The vaccine will buy us time, but I think the biggest shift we will see is a focusing of health provision to bring the greatest benefit to the most amount of people.

With the expected reduction in the effect of covid on vaccinated individuals,  there will be less and less requirement to isolate and lockdown, so the impact on the services you mention will lessen.  

Vulnerable individuals may have to continue to shield either continually or sporadically, but with increased vaccinations and improved treatment, the number of people who may be classed as vulnerable will reduce. 

The important thing is that there are plans and assessments in response to the risk as it changes, not sledgehammer reactions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, horatiotheturd said:

I am not going to name my company.

My staff know the score, they are sensible and intelligent adults. 

They know they wouldn't be put at any unnecessary risk.  The reason for my frustration over this whole stupid situation is that they can quite happily and safely enter peoples houses and do what they need to do with no risk.  It is no different to a spark or plumber going in somewhere to deal with an "emergency".

They also know that even without masks and keeping clients in other rooms the risk is absolutely miniscule of them being infected, and even less of them becoming ill because they are all reasonably young, fit, healthy and because of the nature of their work normal BMI

Estate agent. Nailed on certainty. 

• Haha 1