IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

They did 8,000 doses last week. Equivalent to 6 million in UK. Best day was 1,367.

The letters keep on going out and people continue to ring 111 or go on line to register.

This morning I received my 3rd invitation to register from Mrs Magson within 6 days. I actually registered last Monday  and was given an appointment on Tuesday,  for Saturday, so I’ve had dose 1.

Last Wednesday we had 19,000+ doses. We’ve injected 5000 since then. So we’ve also had 3750 delivered since middle of last week. It’s all down to supply. 

It isn't down to supply. Watch how many new batches arrive before they use up what is in stock.  It is about to really ramp up.

No reason at all to not have less than 2000 in stock.  Would much rather see them use everything we have and then be waiting for more than constantly sitting on loads of jabs.

There has barely been a day since the end of January when there have been at least 10,000 vaccines "on hand" that is appalling 

• Like 1

Just heard Minister Ashford on the radio bullshitting about the duplication of letters inviting people to register for vaccination. Basically he is saying that it is easier to effectively duplicate work than to cross check lists and that anyway the letter says to ignore it if you have already been  invited. 

Do they not have anyone with the ability to write a simple cross referencing program?? How much does it cost to produce, envelope and post each letter or is this simply a cunning way to subsidise another failing Government enterprise and stem Post Office losses?  

I received two letters and neither says to ignore it if you have already received an invite.

We are rapidly becoming strangers to realism and honesty.        

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, John Wright said:

However, if it’s the Derby & Burton Health district, 600,000, it’s less than our average of 1150 a day. 

Could be because the locals keep asking if they can have their ducks vaccinated.

"Whose next to be vaccinated"

"me, me duck".

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Manx Yeller said:

The vaccination dashboard has now been updated. 17,746 vaccines in stock yesterday, all allocated to first dose. However, only 2,183 first doses booked at Hubs. Gonna need to do some heavy duty booking in the next couple of days to start using it up. Are we still at 1,000 per day maximum or are they able to increase this? It really doesn't make much sense, there's no urgency at all.

It's currently at 3314 booked in the next 7 days, so it's already increased a lot in that short time - perhaps by another day's bookings.  I get the impression they are only booking three or four days in advance at the moment, so those numbers look reasonable in that timetable

Effectively they're still keeping a couple of weeks in hand, even though they're not saying they are.  That's sensible enough given the possibilities of delay (as we've already seen) and the way they have extended the period between doses.  If they lose a week they can still give second doses within the guidelines (though as I said, I think they're wrong to go to 10 weeks with the Pfizer anyway).

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

They did 8,000 doses last week. Equivalent to 6 million in UK. Best day was 1,367.

The letters keep on going out and people continue to ring 111 or go on line to register.

This morning I received my 3rd invitation to register from Mrs Magson within 6 days. I actually registered last Monday  and was given an appointment on Tuesday,  for Saturday, so I’ve had dose 1.

Last Wednesday we had 19,000+ doses. We’ve injected 5000 since then. So we’ve also had 3750 delivered since middle of last week. It’s all down to supply. 

in reality it equates to 8,000 doses in the IOM or roughly 10% of the population. 

10 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

in reality it equates to 8,000 doses in the IOM or roughly 10% of the population. 

Yes. And has UK ever hit 10% of its population in a week? (6.7 million doses)

In terms of 17+ population, which is who is getting vaccinated, it’s 12%

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just had a report on latest wave on BBC north west news, they say our current rate is 616 per 100k compared to 76 per 100k for NW England. We are very shocked at the way it has spread apparently 

Unfortunately, I suspect we might be even more shocked tonight as those 1500 tests in the queue get processed.

Edited by Albert Tatlock

54 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

Just heard Minister Ashford on the radio bullshitting about the duplication of letters inviting people to register for vaccination. Basically he is saying that it is easier to effectively duplicate work than to cross check lists and that anyway the letter says to ignore it if you have already been  invited. 

Do they not have anyone with the ability to write a simple cross referencing program?? How much does it cost to produce, envelope and post each letter or is this simply a cunning way to subsidise another failing Government enterprise and stem Post Office losses?  

I received two letters and neither says to ignore it if you have already received an invite.

We are rapidly becoming strangers to realism and honesty.        

Ashford is right, though for the wrong reason.  The simple truth is that it's better to tell someone twice than not at all about such an important health issue.  Better 20 people get 20 letters each than one person doesn't get any.  Especially as the ones likely to be missed will possibly be among the most vulnerable.

Cross-checking always takes time and money and needs a lot of manual back-up to make sure that you don't eliminate people by mistake.  That all costs and usually isn't justified for a one -off use.  We know health service records are a mess, but it's probably not the time to try sorting them out. 

Of course that assumes that, like practically every similar letter I have ever received, someone bothers to include the standard paragraph at the end "I you have already received a copy of this letter/paid this bill/contacted us/whatever please ignore this letter".  Obviously they haven't and so worried people will be wasting the time of 111 operators wondering what to do.  Which is pretty much what you'd expect from DHSC management and government communications in general.

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Ashford is right, though for the wrong reason.  The simple truth is that it's better to tell someone twice than not at all about such an important health issue.  Better 20 people get 20 letters each than one person doesn't get any.  Especially as the ones likely to be missed will possibly be among the most vulnerable.

Cross-checking always takes time and money and needs a lot of manual back-up to make sure that you don't eliminate people by mistake.  That all costs and usually isn't justified for a one -off use.  We know health service records are a mess, but it's probably not the time to try sorting them out. 

Of course that assumes that, like practically every similar letter I have ever received, someone bothers to include the standard paragraph at the end "I you have already received a copy of this letter/paid this bill/contacted us/whatever please ignore this letter".  Obviously they haven't and so worried people will be wasting the time of 111 operators wondering what to do.  Which is pretty much what you'd expect from DHSC management and government communications in general.

It says “ If you have already been vaccinated....ignore this letter “ 

First paragraph, sentence 3.

7 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Unfortunately, I suspect we might be even more shocked tonight as those 1500 tests in the queue get processed.

They have been processed haven't they? Just the notification to the person hasn't been sent? Or at least that's how I read it.

Also a huge number of these are day 7 tests from schools which are more likely to be -ve

Just now, Capt_Mainwaring said:

They have been processed haven't they? Just the notification to the person hasn't been sent? Or at least that's how I read it.

Also a huge number of these are day 7 tests from schools which are more likely to be -ve

No...awaiting results means awaiting test processing. Ashford spelled it out.

• Like 1