IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Capt_Mainwaring said:

Ahh right, must have missed that. Anyway, hopefully a lot of those repeat tests come back ok. I know of several friends and colleagues who have for them and children. 

I know if a family of 5 who got out yesterday, connected to the Bemahague outbreak & 2 couples out last Friday from the Hydro one 

25 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes. And has UK ever hit 10% of its population in a week? (6.7 million doses)

In terms of 17+ population, which is who is getting vaccinated, it’s 12%

Isn't that exactly what you stated? My 10% wasn't an accurate figure as there is more than 80,000 on the island. Basically we are keeping up with the UK re vaccinations, unless I have missed something

35 minutes ago, Banker said:

Just had a report on latest wave on BBC north west news, they say our current rate is 616 per 100k compared to 76 per 100k for NW England. We are very shocked at the way it has spread apparently 

To be fair, many of us have been shocked, particularly with the way it's spread through the children. After all, we've been repeatedly told that children are less susceptible.

During the first wave last year, I knew only three people who had it. This time I know personally nearly a dozen and it won't surprise me if it's more by week's end. 

Even though we all pretty much knew in our heads that a return was inevitable, I think it's still been a sucker-punch of a shock to many, myself included. 

People who are clinically vulnerable and still unvaccinated, as well as people who have loved ones who are clinically vulnerable and still unvaccinated, have every right to be concerned.

My heavily pregnant, school teacher daughter who was at work on March first (thankfully sent straight home March second) has friends who have covid, in one case this includes a month old infant.

Another family has a year seven who just tested positive yesterday, school linked. Another friend is also heavily pregnant and tested positive the other day. Covid in late pregnancy is dangerous for both mother and baby, by the way. Pregnant women cannot be vaccinated. 

The infant, year seven, and pregnant woman are all quite unwell. Not hospitalised so far, but it's a very real worry. 

So far so good for my daughter, and she's been staying put in the house. She hasn't had much time to do otherwise anyway as she's providing online lessons and despite what some of the anti-teacher brigade on MF think, it's a lot of work to do it properly.

Yesterday was the first time she was able to take the full day off since 28 February. When she was sent home on 2 March, she was tasked with setting up the online lessons and she's been hard at it ever since.  I'm very proud of how hard she's worked through this despite it being a worrying time for her. The last month or so of pregnancy can be stressful at the best of times, never mind when there's a high covid infection rate lurking outside your door. 

tl;dr   Isle of Man in "People are Shocked" shocker, update at 4pm.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It says “ If you have already been vaccinated....ignore this letter “ 

First paragraph, sentence 3.

Mine doesn't and neither obviously did either of @Mistercee's.  It's possible that your's was a Cohort 6 letter (16-64 with underlying issues etc) and they put it in there because those will almost certainly get at least one other letter through their age cohort, though even then it's the wrong way round. 

Alternatively they've only just changed it very recently, though as I said, you'd think it would automatic for this sort of operation.

Incidentally my letter also didn't include any mention of going online to register interest, rather than ringing 111.  Again that could be changed.

18 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

No...awaiting results means awaiting test processing. Ashford spelled it out.

@Albert TatlockYou are wrong about this. @Roger Mexicoand I tried to spell it out yesterday, but I'll try again.

The big number on the dashboard "Awaiting Result Notification" means that the tests have been processed, and included in the cases figures already declared. But, they haven't notified the person who was tested. David Ashford explained this at the end of last week, but it seems that you misunderstood.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

Danoo

The government have a dedicated COVID web page here https://covid19.gov.im/

There's an FAQ section here https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/circuit-break-faq-what-you-need-to-know/

This has a Private Test question here https://covid19.gov.im/general-information/on-island-private-covid-19-pcr-test/

Read and enjoy:D

Outside the limited circumstances in which you would qualify for a Gov test there's a private place here http://www.ims.co.im/

That's great, thanks. I had read somewhere a while back about government maybe taking on board a private testing option but didn't realise they had done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Mine doesn't and neither obviously did either of @Mistercee's.  It's possible that your's was a Cohort 6 letter (16-64 with underlying issues etc) and they put it in there because those will almost certainly get at least one other letter through their age cohort, though even then it's the wrong way round. 

Alternatively they've only just changed it very recently, though as I said, you'd think it would automatic for this sort of operation.

Incidentally my letter also didn't include any mention of going online to register interest, rather than ringing 111.  Again that could be changed.

I’ve rechecked my two earlier letters. You’re right. That isn’t there. Neither is the online option. It is on this mornings letter ( presumably posted Friday )

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nellie said:

@Albert TatlockYou are wrong about this. @Roger Mexicoand I tried to spell it out yesterday, but I'll try again.

The big number on the dashboard "Awaiting Result Notification" means that the tests have been processed, and included in the cases figures already declared. But, they haven't notified the person who was tested. David Ashford explained this at the end of last week, but it seems that you misunderstood.  

That was after they started using the dashboard. At the briefing on Thursday, 11 March, Ashford said the "awaiting results" on the daily update meant "processing is not complete". He said this early on in the briefing, just after talking about the soon-to-be-live dashboard.

When the dashboard went live the next day, they changed the wording to "awaiting result notification". 

It's understandable that people are confused. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’ve rechecked my two earlier letters. You’re right. That isn’t there. Neither is the online option. It is on this mornings letter ( presumably posted Friday )

So you were 50% wrong??........... well I never! Second thoughts no don't answer that!:flowers:

25 minutes ago, Danoo said:

That's great, thanks. I had read somewhere a while back about government maybe taking on board a private testing option but didn't realise they had done.

You're welcome and welcome to MF too. Don't rely on this experience too much though. sensible answers to questions are the exception here, not the rule!!:D