IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, x-in-man said:

will the prom be done by then?

Sadly many of the operatives will still be in self isolation.

The tracks will be running from Paramount to the Candy Store though.

Grab your Victorian era season ticket for £900.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It is, and it is very important information to understand the severity of this disease.  

Ch4 "Dispatches" programme on some of the effects of "Long Covid", 8pm tonight.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Ch4 "Dispatches" programme on some of the effects of "Long Covid", 8pm tonight.

Thank you.  I started watching an interesting documentary on Smithsonian and the link with bats.  The bats carry all kinds of viruses but never seem to be affected by them.  It was something to do with the body temperature, but if they understand it, it may be useful in treating covid as well as understanding how other viruses jump species. 

So, in summary:

On the whole the figures look better; but no one really knows if the figures can be trusted.

Minister Ashworth and Dr Ewart continue to talk utter rubbish.

The Chief Minister continues to look as though he's caught in the headlights.

and

The Steam Packet is investigating itself - and no doubt will find itself 'not guilty'

Tune in next time..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

How many children do yku think had it last time if they had tested hundreds of them?

Not anywhere as many as this time, I'd wager. It didn't get the chance to get into the schools last spring before lockdown. Everyone was staying at home much more once lockdown started than appears to be the case now. 

Also, the original version of covid wasn't quite as contagious as the Kent variant and it didn't seem to be infecting children as readily.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Hopefully at the peak now for active cases.

I wouldn't be surprised to see recoveries exceed new positives from tomorrow.

There weren't any recoveries reported today (it remains at 23) so I suppose things can only get better. 

One good thing they seem to be doing is testing so we know people are actually free of the virus, rather than just waiting 14 days and hoping they are which is what happened last year (which meant they were deeming people in ICU as 'recovered'). But I've actually been struck by the low number of those who have been reported as recovered. 

There were 51 reported as recovered up to and including 1 March, but I reckon only 25 have counted as recovered (plus 1 death) and there's 3 earlier unrelated travel cases who would have recovered in the period though they tested before hand.  Discrepancies of one or two may happen in the figures, but about 25 suggests a lot of people are still positive at day 13 or there is a systems problem.