IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

OK another question.

How many of those Symptomatic would have known they were ill without a positive test.

I don't know and neither do you.

Not everyone gets sick and not everyone gets seriously ill, but many do and not necessarily people with underlying conditions.

You like to tell yourself (and anyone who'll listen) that people rarely get sick with this. If you want to live in your little fantasy world, crack on. 

You seem to have little to no regard for anyone other than yourself. It's sad and I actually pity you. 

• Like 6

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

You seem very scared of a virus which as far as I can make out, despite ravaging our schools and wider community has resulted in about 4 or 5 hospital admissions.

4 or 5?

I'm scared for the future with the amount of stupid people there are

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I don't know and neither do you.

Not everyone gets sick and not everyone gets seriously ill, but many do and not necessarily people with underlying conditions.

You like to tell yourself (and anyone who'll listen) that people rarely get sick with this. If you want to live in your little fantasy world, crack on. 

You seem to have little to no regard for anyone other than yourself. It's sad and I actually pity you. 

I have regard for the thousands who are suffering due to the lockdown.

Are you still bringing home the same as you normally do?

I am also technically in the vulnerable category myself and booked in later this week for a jab.

I would still rather not be stuck at home

1 minute ago, Zarley said:

Do you have evidence of it being less? 

No, thought not. 

You're living in Cloud Covid Land. 

Less than the "in hospital" figures they quote on the website?

Well, apart from DA confirming today and in the last briefing that those figures also include people who tested positive on admission for something else and the fact that he confirmed that it includes people who contracted COVID while receiving treatment in UK hospitals but that it wansn't the cause of admission.  Plus apart from knowing personally one of the COVID in hospital from lockdown 2 who contracted it on a hospital visit to UK but didn't even know they had it other than a test pre admission for ongoing care on their return to Nobles.

Apart from those clear facts that prove the figures are inflated, then no you have got me, I don't have any other evidence (apart from having spoken to staff at nobles.

It's 4 or 5 tops, and some have already been discharged.

They need to make these figures more clear as the reality is not what people imagine from hearing "16 in hospital"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

One question they never asked Howie, How long after the circuit break till you fuck it up again.             And the Laxey wheel keeps turning turning in the Lady Isabella's memory.

Oh no it don't Government fucked that as well.

Yes ironic really . Two major tourist sites and source of great pleasure , Laxey wheel and horse trams , have been joined by Isle of man Covid response as all being messed up by the powers that be . Quite an achievement really. Others coming up on the rails though ! . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, horatiotheturd said:

I have regard for the thousands who are suffering due to the lockdown.

Are you still bringing home the same as you normally do?

I am also technically in the vulnerable category myself and booked in later this week for a jab.

I would still rather not be stuck at home

No, I'm making less than my already poor salary for two weeks shy of a year now. I'd be taking home more money if I were on benefits.

I'm sitting here with a blanket over my shoulders and another over my lap because I'm frightened to turn my thermostat up over 15C. I've cut back on every expense I can and I'm in rent arrears. 

I'm also in a clinically vulnerable category but I haven't had a letter yet. I tried to ring my GP today to make sure I'm on the list but couldn't get through. 

I'd rather not be stuck at home too and I'm sure very few people want to be. Most of us just understand that there are still too many people at risk of serious illness and possible death. 

You seem to not care about people being ill* and you downplay the realities of covid every chance you get.

You say people can shelter if they want but NO they can't, not if a formal lockdown isn't declared. 

*like it or not, that's how you come across. If you want people to think you care about others, try sounding like it.

• Like 11

The Steam Packet Inquiry has just published its terms of reference and remit. It’s being chaired by the Treasury Director of Audit Advisory. In other words IOMG are marking their own homework. So much for independence and impartiality. They couldn’t get a tame Athol Street lawyer to do a report. Let’s face it we could probably write the report ourselves. Anyone looking at the Terms of Reference it mentions the words ‘lessons that can be learned’. The four words that IOMG should use as its corporate motto. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Zarley said:

No, I'm making less than my already poor salary for two weeks shy of a year now. I'd be taking home more money if I were on benefits.

I'm sitting here with a blanket over my shoulders and another over my lap because I'm frightened to turn my thermostat up over 15C. I've cut back on every expense I can and I'm in rent arrears. 

I'm also in a clinically vulnerable category but I haven't had a letter yet. I tried to ring my GP today to make sure I'm on the list but couldn't get through. 

I'd rather not be stuck at home too and I'm sure very few people want to be. Most of us just understand that there are still too many people at risk of serious illness and possible death. 

You seem to not care about people being ill* and you downplay the realities of covid every chance you get.

You say people can shelter if they want but NO they can't, not if a formal lockdown isn't declared. 

*like it or not, that's how you come across. If you want people to think you care about others, try sounding like it.

Zarley , sincerely feel your pain . I know its not much consolation but I mean it . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zarley said:

So how many have ended up ill enough to need hospital treatment?

If someone can give concrete evidence that it is making lots of people really ill then I might change my tune.

Noone has because noone can (I am talking now on the iom.  Not other non comparable parts of the world or the UK last year.)

Edited by horatiotheturd