IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The Steam Packet Inquiry has just published its terms of reference and remit. It’s being chaired by the Treasury Director of Audit Advisory. In other words IOMG are marking their own homework. So much for independence and impartiality. They couldn’t get a tame Athol Street lawyer to do a report. Let’s face it we could probably write the report ourselves. Anyone looking at the Terms of Reference it mentions the words ‘lessons that can be learned’. The four words that IOMG should use as its corporate motto. 

Very wrong and going to get worse when AG's office handle prosecution and defense sadly 

• Like 2

Just now, horatiotheturd said:

You know nothing about me but I would bet a big clock that I and my family have done more to help others out during this nightmare than you have.  Financially and practically 

I would bet another big clock that that is despite you still being on full pay?

Personally I would respect your efforts more , if true , if you didnt feel the need to broadcast it. Lots of us , when in a poor position , have helped in lots of ways but dont feel the need to make it known . It should be enough that you know. ..just my feelings .

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The Steam Packet Inquiry has just published its terms of reference and remit. It’s being chaired by the Treasury Director of Audit Advisory. In other words IOMG are marking their own homework. So much for independence and impartiality. They couldn’t get a tame Athol Street lawyer to do a report. Let’s face it we could probably write the report ourselves. Anyone looking at the Terms of Reference it mentions the words ‘lessons that can be learned’. The four words that IOMG should use as its corporate motto. 

d77f6ab2ed4ff096ca9ee095f12ff6f7--private-sector-dads.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Personally I would respect your efforts more , if true , if you didnt feel the need to broadcast it. Lots of us , when in a poor position , have helped in lots of ways but dont feel the need to make it known . It should be enough that you know. ..just my feelings .

Give over.  I was being attacked for being me me me and I countered it with some facts.

Noone knows who I am or what I and my family or my staff are doing so commenting about it on here makes no difference to anything.  I have gone into any details.  If I did you might feel like a bit of a dick to be honest.

Still waiting for evidence of how many are genuinely really ill in this latest outbreak btw

Edited by horatiotheturd
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

Give over.  I was being attacked for being me me me and I countered it with some facts.

Noone knows who I am or what I and my family or my staff are doing so commenting about it on here makes no difference to anything.  I have gone into any details.  If I did you might feel like a bit of a dick to be honest.

Still waiting for evidence of how many are genuinely really ill in this latest outbreak btw

I wouldnt feel a bit of a dick if I knew who you were and my comments still stand . And regardless who or what you are its the mindset thats fundamentally flawed . Not falling out over it just stating my personal opinion .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, horatiotheturd said:

So how many have ended up ill enough to need hospital treatment?

If someone can give concrete evidence that it is making lots of people really ill then I might change my tune.

Noone has because noone can (I am talking now on the iom.  Not other non comparable parts of the world or the UK last year.)

So unless we get scores of people seriously ill and dying from covid, you will continue to think it's no big deal and we "should just crack on with it". 

Despite the evidence from the world over of what "cracking on with it" leads to? Have you not been paying attention?

Do you think that we on the island are somehow immune to the worst effects of this virus? Do you not see that the fact that we haven't let it get totally out of control is WHY we don't have more in hospital or more deaths? Really? 

Don't bother answering. I've had quite enough of you for one day. Don't know why I wasted my time in the first place. I'm beginning to think you just find it entertaining. I'll leave you to play on your own. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I lost my job last year during the first lockdown. Compromised immune system means I can't work again where I'm mixing with the public. Since last March I've been on income support of £102 a week.  That is topped up by a government pension of £117 a month.

That's an annual income of £6708.  My gas, electric, rates and house insurance come to £168 a month.

That leaves me with a weekly income of £82 to feed me, my animals, buy fuel and food.

Three weeks ago after borrowing from friends, I came off income support and launched a business. I invested all the money in stock - I have no idea when that stock will get shifted and I begin earning again.

Once again - you presume you know the facts and once more you are proved wrong.

Horatio really is a turd. Proves it time and time again. Totally self centred and no empathy.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Three weeks ago after borrowing from friends, I came off income support and launched a business. I invested all the money in stock - I have no idea when that stock will get shifted and I begin earning again.

Can you post stuff to customers during lockdown?

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Horatio really is a turd. Proves it time and time again. Totally self centred and no empathy.

Go on then.

Evidence that I am wrong and there are more than single figures who have ended up in hospital as a direct result of this last COVID outbreak, and that the measures and the impact on people like Roxanne and loads of others is justified.

£50 to a charity of anyones choice if they can give absolute concrete proof by 21:00

22 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Even that post, ostensibly about helping others, is about himself.

Perhaps he is one of the islands great and the good. Friend of the politicos. Lots of posters on here have made sacrifices, lost money etc during the last year. We all have pulled together, but like Animal Farm - some think they are more equal than others.

• Like 1