IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

It says “ If you have already been vaccinated....ignore this letter “ 

First paragraph, sentence 3.

Well the 2 letters I received do not say that - the first paragraph is:

"I am writing to inform you that we intend to start the next phase of the vaccination programme, and your priority group ins the next to be called forward for a vaccine. You will receive this vaccination free of charge."

Only 2 sentences!!  

Genuine question, with so much pressure on 111 , other government phone lines ,lots shielding/isolation why do they not redeploy some of the many being paid for doing nothing or do they have to volunteer?

Theres a few around here that could help out including one couple, she’s a teaching assistant & he’s something like an amenity site worker or driver. Every day during working hours they’re out training for some sort of triathlon on full pay when others are struggling for money or swamped with work, it’s all wrong,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well they announced it today before Julie Edges questions tomorrow asking if Howie will instruct an independent enquiry.

I know Stephen Hind and I don’t think he will do a whitewash or be coerced into watering down any report and Audit are normally thorough 

I am getting use to something changing being introduced the days before a Tynwald/HOK sitting that I have a question in about the topic!  Only way to get answers sometimes - can’t have a woman getting that information out there first so they publish 😀

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Banker said:

Genuine question, with so much pressure on 111 , other government phone lines ,lots shielding/isolation why do they not redeploy some of the many being paid for doing nothing or do they have to volunteer?

Theres a few around here that could help out including one couple, she’s a teaching assistant & he’s something like an amenity site worker or driver. Every day during working hours they’re out training for some sort of triathlon on full pay when others are struggling for money or swamped with work, it’s all wrong,

Agreed. I know of far too many government workers who are literally on a holiday while on full pay, also lots of douglas corporation workers are the same. Its really not fair when so many people are unable to work due to lockdown and have to take the pittance in benefits while the government workers are reeling their full pay. This isn't taking anything away from those who are working and earning their government pay by the way....

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well they announced it today before Julie Edges questions tomorrow asking if Howie will instruct an independent enquiry.

I know Stephen Hind and I don’t think he will do a whitewash or be coerced into watering down any report and Audit are normally thorough 

Interestingly the executive were reluctant to have a police enquiry into Abbotswood they preferred an Independent investigation by an outside agency.
Within a month that agency wanted the cops involved.

I doubt that will be the outcome here.

It’s clear the executive want lessons to be learned corporate interests to be protected and for the circus to move on. 

3 minutes ago, pongo said:

What a brilliant job the fantastic Hermes delivery people have been doing throughout this crisis. Don't you agree @Julie Edge (Onchan) and @Banker?

With this being election year, can you think of any ways in which we could bring the same kind of decentralised efficiencies to the Post Office? 

Typical trying to have a dig at the hard working postal staff now who have worked tirelessly through the pandemic ensuring the public get parcels etc. 

You really are a nasty sod with your nice government wages coming in each week.

And my Hermès delivery person is useless, constantly delivering to wrong address & signing documents purportedly in my name to verify I’ve received the parcel 

5 minutes ago, pongo said:

What a brilliant job the fantastic Hermes delivery people have been doing throughout this crisis. Don't you agree @Julie Edge (Onchan) and @Banker?

With this being election year, can you think of any ways in which we could bring the same kind of decentralised efficiencies to the Post Office? 

Efficiency? Hermes?

Best one I've heard all day.

The good work that local couriers do is no reflection of what an utterly terrible service Hermes as a company provide. They pay their staff an absolute pittance and lose or break parcels far more often than any other service I've dealt with.

See Joe Lycett's investigations into them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Efficiency? Hermes?

Best one I've heard all day.

The good work that local couriers do is no reflection of what an utterly terrible service Hermes as a company provide. They pay their staff an absolute pittance and lose or break parcels far more often than any other service I've dealt with.

See Joe Lycett's investigations into them.

Yes it’s typical of Pongo who would think they were efficient, he wouldn’t know what the word means in his job!

13 minutes ago, pongo said:

Oh wait...you're serious?

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Typical trying to have a dig at the hard working postal staff now who have worked tirelessly through the pandemic ensuring the public get parcels etc. 

You really are a nasty sod with your nice government wages coming in each week.

Post Office staff are great. But it's still a top heavy unionised monolith.

The parcel business would make a great little private company.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, pongo said:

How can the IOMPO disrupt a delivery service that is closed?  They have no ability to intercept the deliveries whose mode has been determined by the vendor. 

How much decentralisation do you envisage within the confines of the geography and points of entry on the IOM? 

BONKERS!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

Post Office staff are great. But it's still a top heavy unionised monolith.

The parcel business would make a great little private company.

After everyone said how crap Hermès are in contradiction of you saying they’re wonderful you try & change tack, typical.

Get back to your government job organizing the tea rota!