IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Aw thanks you lot. You really are lovely.  I almost feel like it's my birthday.

(it's on Wednesday - did I tell you already?)

Some people are nice. I was going to ask if you could maybe eat the animals....

11 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Hermes had a total meltdown last week, still sorting it out now.

Mother's day I guess.

The post office seemed in disarray too. I got messages that two packages sent from the UK on Wednesday - 48 hour delivery - were in Douglas at 8:40 on Friday. Delivered here 10 o'clock Monday.

14 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Our local Hermes are all in isolation. Normally they work like stink and go out of their way to be helpful. As with any business, it's not the name, it's the people who work for them.

They are good round here. I do find it odd that the query process seems to be a Facebook group they’ve set up. 

8 minutes ago, Declan said:

They are good round here. I do find it odd that the query process seems to be a Facebook group they’ve set up. 

It’s a voluntary and unofficial  page. Hermes even made them change the name. The couriers try and help but they seem to be the object of people’s ire, messages all day and night and a total lack of support from management plus ultra crap systems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s a voluntary and unofficial  page. Hermes even made them change the name. The couriers try and help but they seem to be the object of people’s ire, messages all day and night and a total lack of support from management plus ultra crap systems.

It's a good idea - when I am looking for parcels from them, they can be 'Due for delivery today'...but their system says they are sat in Bolton. From experience, that usually means the parcel will be here today or tomorrow.

My guess is that they are going by someone last scanning a container before it heads to Heysham and not scanning it here.

Edited by Albert Tatlock

1 minute ago, quilp said:

And this morning I noticed that the second dose is 10 weeks later. 

They shifted AZ interval, to 10 weeks, 3 weeks ago, pfizer last week.

The paperwork says “up to 10 weeks” but they’re rigid in a “computer it says no way”. There is no discretion. 111 bookers can’t over ride. The computer sets the dates.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

No doubt, in around 5 to 10 days,  we will be finding out just how many plonkers visited mother on Mothering Sunday.

My daughter and gs stopped by in the car to drop off my card.They live a stone's throw away from me, but came in the car to make sure my gs stayed socially distanced. He's a very affectionate, huggy little boy so it was the prudent thing to do. 

They stayed in the car with the windows open while I stood 2M away, aside from when she handed me the card. I wore a mask.

Whole visit only lasted five minutes, but it was the highlight of my week. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Mother's day I guess.

The post office seemed in disarray too. I got messages that two packages sent from the UK on Wednesday - 48 hour delivery - were in Douglas at 8:40 on Friday. Delivered here 10 o'clock Monday.

I think they’re quarantining some mail - seriously, I suspect they’re leaving it sat there for 48 hours incase early delivery spreads corona. They might start doing that at the other end now. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It's a good idea - when I am looking for parcels from them, they can be 'Due for delivery today'...but their system says they are sat in Bolton. From experience, that usually means the parcel will be here today or tomorrow.

As the couriers keep saying, the “local depot” is Bolton. Recent boat disruptions can’t have helped with deliveries.