IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Apple said:

Over 1400 people unemployed and we are still importing managers etc for the DHSC. Announcement expected on off island candidate for Chief Nurse. (we have been without one for a couple of years but apparently we desperately need one now)

DA highlighting the stress the DHSC is under in Tynwald this morning but it still using bank staff, overtime and probably agency staff to prop up the services we can still afford to run. 

He should have asked for more people to help out with his jabs, rather than deplete other areas.

At least the Private Patient Unit is open for NHS patients. Wonder who will be paying to get that ward back up to private patient standards again after Covid has left the building. 

When are Private operations going to start again? Did he mention that?

• Haha 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

I made my first trip out in the car yesterday and couldn’t believe how many cars were on the road. I expected it to be like the first lockdown but it was just how I remembered it from before this one. 

The queues for McDonald’s were down past petrol station plus 3 cars waiting at the crossing coming other way at lunch time 

4 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

45 new cases. Loads of cars travelling about . Lockdown not being taken seriously.

There’s loads sitting in driveway meeting families purportedly 2m away but not really allowed but they’re doing it with small kids running around 

34 minutes ago, Apple said:

The SP will not get criticised as we can not do without them. It is as simple as that in the end.

Henrietta or someone in PH might get a frosty look though.

Quine got a death ray from Mr Toad recently for asking about SPCo's use of a Guernsey structure.  It is well known that it is to avoid National Insurance in the Isle of Man, but Mr Toad huffed and puffed (maybe croaked) and said that the company paid all of its dues and followed the law blah blah blah.

As you say, cannot be criticised...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/15/2021 at 2:36 PM, John Wright said:

I’ve rechecked my two earlier letters. You’re right. That isn’t there. Neither is the online option. It is on this mornings letter ( presumably posted Friday )

And today, letter 4, different wording to yesterday!

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

There’s loads sitting in driveway meeting families purportedly 2m away but not really allowed but they’re doing it with small kids running around 

Three builders opposite me mixing...no masks (except when they present the bill I imagine).

Are any coppers actually about policing anything?

I suspect this Steam Racket debacle has become our very own 'Dominic Cummings' moment in time.

Edited by Albert Tatlock
  • Like 1