IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Three builders opposite me mixing...no masks (except when they present the bill I imagine).

Are any coppers actually about policing anything?

I suspect this Steam Racket debacle has become our very own 'Dominic Cummings' moment in time.

bobby on the beat in kirkmichael today for the first time in god knows when, allegedly there to help folks, me thinks there to try and catch folks out, if you want covid spreading an on duty copper would be a great host.

3 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

People think that if they are careful they can do what they like and it will be ok and being careful for another  couple of weeks will get us out of lockdown. This won’t happen if numbers are still popping up and Easter will make it worse = longer. What is the answer?

Certainly more active policing. Pulling vans with two people over, visiting sites etc. Coppers visible.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Certainly more active policing. Pulling vans with two people over, visiting sites etc. Coppers visible.

Aside from household mixing there isn’t much a copper can do though is there? there is no legal restriction on movement, it’s just advised, if anything by pulling over people they are just putting themselves at risk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Aside from household mixing there isn’t much a copper can do though is there? there is no legal restriction on movement, it’s just advised, if anything by pulling over people they are just putting themselves at risk.

To get this many unexplained cases still appearing, there must be some people either breaking isolation to meet people or household mixing with someone who’s asymptomatic. Probably need a few court cases to bring everyone back in line but people may use the misunderstanding defense now

We work all day at home, whilst also juggling home schooling a 10 year old and a 9 year old.  I find the teachers very patronizing. One of our lads today had a virtual class which is great but the teacher proceeded to tell the whole class how they had been out all morning walking dogs around the island .....so not working that hard me thinks compared to some of us.....

i just think this time around people are thinking last two times we obeyed the letter of the law and watched everyone else do whatever they wanted...this time we have thought why put ourselves through it if nobody else is so we have ventured further afield for our walks etc but during the week we stick to walking around the block

people are definitely fed up.  And think put a mask on social distance wash hands we can go about business like normal 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

That said a quick drill into the dashboard shows they did about 300 more tests than the day before so positives as a % of total tests is down day on day at close to 6%. I think it was closer to 14% last week.

That's not the amount of tests I've got according to the Twitter figures.  I make it 611 tests yesterday (reported today) as opposed to 605 the day before.  It's only 7% positive rate still, but we expected there to be a lot of negatives today because of people coming out of isolation the vast majority of whom would negative.

The only test figure on the dashboard is 10192 tests concluded since the start of this outbreak which they give as 15 February (ie the figures released on 16 Feb).  This seems to be very unreliable on a day-to-day basis.