IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Which is a worry!

It’s just another typical example of the modern way of life, I’m alright, sod everyone else type attitude. I’ve noticed far more people breaching the 2m rule in supermarkets this time round and that’s the only thing i can think of that’s any different.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Keeps coming back to it. Can the government afford a proper lock down...I think not...mitigation is the key here and we are going to have to live with it 

Good, as long as people do the necessary mitigation; trouble is, there's little sign of it presently. A couple, both maskless, hand in hand walking the dog on a busy pavement outside Shoprite carpark, Ramsey 10 minutes ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Lots of people will now have had at least 1 vaccine, quite a lot have had both, so chances are they will care less about social distancing than people that haven’t.

Perhaps. But, the folk I've been seeing in Tesco are predominantly younger than me - and I'm not in an age group who have been called yet. 

Edited by madmanxpilot

20 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

Based on my Tesco experiences during this and the January circuit breaks, it seems that an awful lot of folk seem to believe that wearing a face covering means that social distancing isn't required. Perhaps even Tesco think this themselves as their one way system hasn't been reintroduced during either of these circuit breaks.

If these non identifiable source cases don't start tailing off this week, I reckon the elimination strategy will likely never reach it's goal again.

Just go to Shoprite.:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Good, as long as people do the necessary mitigation; trouble is, there's little sign of it presently. A couple, both maskless, hand in hand walking the dog on a busy pavement outside Shoprite carpark, Ramsey 10 minutes ago.

I dont think they have just met, mask a bit silly when couples who live together go out.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The couples holding hands whilst taking up the whole of the width of the pavement are a pain at the best of times, always seem to think everyone else should walk in the road so they don't need to break hands to let you past!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

I dont think they have just met, mask a bit silly when couples who live together go out.

Ok, so neither of them have the virus or may be asymptomatic carriers? Who knows? Who are they passing who may have the virus?

They care about neither themselves nor others. This is how the virus is spreading.

• Haha 2

Just now, Non-Believer said:

Ok, so neither of them have the virus or may be asymptomatic carriers? Who knows? Who are they passing who may have the virus?

They care about neither themselves nor others. This is how the virus is spreading.

Very unlikely in the open air with a bit of distancing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Very unlikely in the open air with a bit of distancing

As I said in my first post, a crowded pavement.

45 new cases, 11 unexplained and 4 new hospital admissions in one day would suggest that it's increasingly likely?

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2021 at 4:02 PM, TerryFuchwit said:

29 new cases.  That'll annoy a few people.:rolleyes:

On 3/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, Gladys said:

Why?  Good news and a step closer to out of lockdown. 

On 3/15/2021 at 4:06 PM, TerryFuchwit said:

Some people don't like good news.  Especially on here.

Shouldn't be long before the usual suspects are along to put a negative slant on it with usual patronising guff about lies etc.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:14 PM, The Duck of Atholl said:

29 cases. that's cause for cautious optimism I think.

On 3/15/2021 at 4:18 PM, quilp said:

Monday's numbers are always behind on totals though. Maybe save your hurrahs till Wednesday. 😉

😌