IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

When they change to 7 days isolation shortly it will be a lot easier for everyone to manage than trying to organize supplies for 14 days.

Ever since lockdown started, we've worked on the basis that we will keep 14 days worth of supplies in hand, drinks, long life fruit juice, some food in tins, some frozen, used in rotation with fresh bought in while we can.

If we are put into immediate isolation for 14 days, we will cope. If we decide to go away, then come back, there will be adequate food for the 14 days that are required of us.

And that's without having been in The Scouts.  

"Be Prepared". 

It's not that hard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

Ever since lockdown started, we've worked on the basis that we will keep 14 days worth of supplies in hand, drinks, long life fruit juice, some food in tins, some frozen, used in rotation with fresh bought in while we can.

If we are put into immediate isolation for 14 days, we will cope. If we decide to go away, then come back, there will be adequate food for the 14 days that are required of us.

And that's without having been in The Scouts.  

"Be Prepared". 

It's not that hard.

Were you one of the Covid mentalists that went out & purchased a gizillion bog rolls back in March - you were weren’t you.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Were you one of the Covid mentalists that went out & purchased a gizillion bog rolls back in March - you were weren’t you.

No....that was Rog.

The Phantom Norfolk Bog Roll Hoarder.

1 hour ago, Banker said:

When they change to 7 days isolation shortly it will be a lot easier for everyone to manage than trying to organize supplies for 14 days.

Probably not, because it's fresh stuff (milk, fruit, veg) you need when you get back from being away for a time.  Only the very poor don't have a couple of weeks worth of dried and tinned goods hanging around for emergencies.  So it might not make much difference - you still need someone to get you some stuff in, no matter if it's two weeks or one.

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Probably not, because it's fresh stuff (milk, fruit, veg) you need when you get back from being away for a time.  Only the very poor don't have a couple of weeks worth of dried and tinned goods hanging around for emergencies.  So it might not make much difference - you still need someone to get you some stuff in, no matter if it's two weeks or one.

Iom creamery for milk, eggs, butter, cheese, spuds etc to door

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

There were certainly people and groups volunteering to help out with deliveries for vulnerable people who had to self-isolate at the start of the crisis, so there is capacity there and it's probably simpler to organise than trying to get Tesco (who were swamped even in pre-Covid times).  Most people returning and self-isolating will have their own potential support network, but a 're-entry' phone interview would make sure that people have got it in place and pick up those without one.  

Obviously I'm not saying that such a system is in place, I suspect it's just people filling in forms online that never get looked at, but if there was one it would help people keep to the isolation process.

If you belong to an organisation where members value each other such as churches, sports clubs, OAP clubs, darts teams, pool teams, reading clubs, amateur dramatics, choral societies, music groups (the list is endless), other 3rd sector organisations and finally your family network then there shouldn't really be any excuse for anyone arriving home to resort to going straight to the shops. If you don't have any support network then it probably means your a miserable, anti-social bastard and don't deserve to live on Mann anyway.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

No, not I. It was about January we got a couple of cheap packs, which at our normal rate of use were going to last through until about June! I don't know where some people keep it all!

Butter and cheese last a reasonable time. Check the use by dates. Spuds usually keep for quite a while, too, if kept cool and dark. Milk - if you can cope with it, there's always sterilised. Hardly use any here, so no problem. One of us drinks coffee black. The other either uses single portion pots (which can be quite long dated), or even better uses a slug of Baileys as coffee whitener. :) I never normally use milk for anything else.

Anyway, as others have said, there's IOM Creamery for doorstep deliveries, and in addition there's normally someone around who will buy a few essentials for you. You only have to ask. Not many people are completely without friends and/or family

27 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

14 days or 7 days and a swab test another day for the result.  I had a test not pleasant!

If it saves 6/7 days quarantine I can accept that, still don’t know why Howie refuses to test on arrival like Jersey as their process seems to be work well 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

If it saves 6/7 days quarantine I can accept that, still don’t know why Howie refuses to test on arrival like Jersey as their process seems to be work well 

Because Jersey are still under partial lock down with one metre social distancing. 

They also have this traffic light scheme for arrivals, which keeps changing everyday. One of the principal problems the whole world has had in dealing with this pandemic has been the confused messaging coming out of most governments. Clear, simple, straitforward guidance is necessary. Good on them for trying something though, we can definitely learn from it, and it does on the face of it seem to be working alright.

It seems to me that our government has now definitely remembered they're manx, and are now taking the Traa di Liooar approach. I'm not complaining.