IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Roxanne said:

Where can you pre fill the forms? Are they online? I’m not certain I want to touch a pen that’s been touched by two hundred other vulnerables, thank you very much.

The risk may be small but I’m not sure it’s worth taking. 

Pfizer here  https://www.gov.im/media/1372132/250221-imm102-covid19-pfizer-new-consent-form-250221.pdf

Astra here    https://www.gov.im/media/1371625/250221-imm101-az-consent-form-250221.pdf

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Where can you pre fill the forms? Are they online? I’m not certain I want to touch a pen that’s been touched by two hundred other vulnerables, thank you very much.

https://www.gov.im/media/1371625/20210115-imm101-covid-19-astrazeneca-consent-form.pdf

this link was on the email I had for my appointment at Chester street. You need to click on the end of the link for the form to open. I just printed it off, filled in in and handed it over with no problems

1 hour ago, finlo said:

I know someone who was there on the last day before lockdown, he and his mates have all tested positive.

Lockdown announced from midnight so the tough guys go to the pub for a last pint or two. That is the sort of behaviour that has got us in this mess.

Some pubs closed the weekend before after they heard that watered down warning.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I think that's a given, we will need jabs for this for ever.

I can see mask wearing becoming the norm like they do in Japan. 

I can live with that, not a big deal TBH, I really dont get the problem people have with masks or is it a Manx thing like speed limits?

I don't think masks will stay, at least I hope not. They give a false sense of security and appear to remove peoples awareness re. social distancing. Many are not worn correctly, or washed frequently/disposed of daily. Not to mention the environmental carnage caused by them. I tolerate them, more out of consideration for others, but as a long term thing, I can't see it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DragonS said:

https://www.gov.im/media/1371625/20210115-imm101-covid-19-astrazeneca-consent-form.pdf

this link was on the email I had for my appointment at Chester street. You need to click on the end of the link for the form to open. I just printed it off, filled in in and handed it over with no problems

I told them about that half broken link over a week ago but it is still broke?

I consider myself pretty computer literate but have never come across a link that works like that one.

1 hour ago, Itsmeee said:

Maybe they should use blowpipes and darts  like vets do, from behind a hedge. 

Please excuse the cross-threading, off-topic, but I was reminded of this:

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I don't think masks will stay, at least I hope not. They give a false sense of security and appear to remove peoples awareness re. social distancing. Many are not worn correctly, or washed frequently/disposed of daily. Not to mention the environmental carnage caused by them. I tolerate them, more out of consideration for others, but as a long term thing, I can't see it.

In many Asian countries, you wear a mask when you're ill and in public out of social responsibility.

If there is something from the pandemic to keep, that might be it.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

If memory serves me right, at the start of this mess, HQ said that if the outbreak was a month later the response would have been different. Well by then it will have been over a month on from the initial outbreak and the over 50's will have hopefully had a first jab. I honestly do not think that we will go back to elimination again. I just hope that schools and sports get going again as part of any gradual reopening of our economy.  

I hate to break it to you, but it's "over a month on from the initial outbreak" today.  The first case was detected on 15 February and reported on the 16th:

As at 4pm 16 February there is 1 new case of #COVID19 in the #IsleofMan. The case was detected in a day 1 test from an individual already self-isolating following travel to the Island.

This turned out to be the Steam Packet case.  You'll notice that while technically this isn't untrue, it gives the misleading impression that it was just a normal returning traveller who had had no contact with anyone on the Island.  If we had known it was an SP employee (and there had already been a case a few days before among the UK-based staff) maybe pressure for rapid action would have happened.  Instead spin was more important than action.

And a month later hardly anyone 50-64 and many in older groups haven't been vaccinated and it will take time for the jab to take effect in those that have.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

We wore gloves and a mask and then put them in a carrier bag when we got in the car and washed our hands with sanitiser. Hope that helps.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

And despite the whining of the ‘wash your hands and carry on as if there was no virus’ lot, to do so now is to deny the seriousness of this. This could rip through us if they are separate unknown cases.

We need to go into a hard lockdown, now! Really hard. That’s why we did so well last year with few hospital admissions. If we don’t, we could be in a whole lot of trouble.

I don't think we'd be able to now.

There's too much societal fatigue, the tone of this lockdown feels like the last hurrah before we can all go back to the pub. The vaccine is here, and granny is safe, so many feel the immediate pressure is off.

I genuinely think the current lockdown is at best buying time for the vaccination roll-out. We're 2 weeks in and still getting a reasonable number of community cases. It'll be hard to stamp it out if the approaches to testing stay the same as they are. And local elimination will become a harder sell as time goes on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/18/2021 at 6:59 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

I expect with a potentially imminent lockdown coming up, the pubs will be rammed this weekend till otherwise informed.

I think I would have gone for a long weekend lockdown (Fri to Mon)...nip this in the bud. If it's out there, this is just the weekend to spread it.

I wonder where we'd be now if they had done this the weekend ending 15th?

I reckon I'd be in the Rovers tonight.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

In many Asian countries, you wear a mask when you're ill and in public out of social responsibility.

If there is something from the pandemic to keep, that might be it.

Just reading this and the news that there's two cases of a new variant from the Philippines come to light in the UK today, I had a search on the web for the regulations in the Philippines themselves, I found the below...compulsory face masks and face guards in public areas. It might be worth considering that they've also had "only" 12k deaths out of a population of over 120M?

Screenshot_20210307-111901_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo