IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Banker

Only selfish people want to travel Off island.  We don't need to travel for the island businesses to develop.  That's all a waste of time.   Plus there's a shitload of other patronising crap i could say but I'm too busy counting the money someone else generated then paid me.

All the best

Pongo

I knew he had another handle somewhere, now we know 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TerryFuchwit said:

Banker

Only selfish people want to travel Off island.  We don't need to travel for the island businesses to develop.  That's all a waste of time.   Plus there's a shitload of other patronising crap i could say but I'm too busy counting the money someone else generated then paid me.

All the best

Pongo

Not a phrase I like, but he is living rent free in yours and Banker’s heads 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, quilp said:

Not exactly surprising. Newborns get a transfer of maternal antibodies via the placenta (and also through breast milk in the form of IgA).  This is however only transient immunity because they don’t get the cellular mechanisms such as memory cells to make their own should they get infected. Generally good for about 6 months if memory serves correctly. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Old Git said:

I guess it depends on whether it’s in stock locally. 

It was in stock, I phoned ahead to save wasting time and the assistant who answered the phone physically walked to the area and confirmed they had three in stock.

12 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

They were advertising hot tubs were available on special offer for collection this morning, was that for electricians and plumbers only?

What is it with Manx Forums and hot tubs?

(rhetorical question)

Edited by Barlow
  • Haha 1

An interesting article from CNN about virus mutations whist patents are actually being treated and also indications for the treatment of Covid patients in hospital.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/05/health/coronavirus-variants-home-grown/index.html

The more we know about the treatments and vaccination effects the sooner this pandemic can become manageable. 

My concerns now are about the ability of Nobles to deal with the numbers in both facilities and staff. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

When it is available go to the tynwald listen again service and listen to Lawrie Hooper's summing up of this motion. He took the Government to bits.

Yep - he really told them.......not!

Here's the motion;

"That Tynwald is of the opinion that a robust and speedy system of genomic testing is vital in the fight against COVID-19; and that this will remain the case for the foreseeable future".

Its what Julie described as a "nothing motion". It doesn't instruct anyone to do anything. Tynwald now is of the opinion that genomics are important - so what. Public Health already did - they've been sending samples off to Liverpool for ages. I don't see Hooper doing anything here than jumping on board the "Free The Rachel 1" crusade.

A better motion would be something like Tynwald instructs DHSC to negotiate terms with Dr Glover for the provision of genomics services and bring the draft contract back to Tynwald for public debate at its next sitting.

There's nothing more frustrating than parliamentary pussyfooting around. It resolves nothing and only serves the interests of the politicians concerned.................or perhaps that's all they wanted in the first place.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, piebaps said:

Yep - he really told them.......not!

Here's the motion;

"That Tynwald is of the opinion that a robust and speedy system of genomic testing is vital in the fight against COVID-19; and that this will remain the case for the foreseeable future".

Its what Julie described as a "nothing motion". It doesn't instruct anyone to do anything. Tynwald now is of the opinion that genomics are important - so what. Public Health already did - they've been sending samples off to Liverpool for ages. I don't see Hooper doing anything here than jumping on board the "Free The Rachel 1" crusade.

A better motion would be something like Tynwald instructs DHSC to negotiate terms with Dr Glover for the provision of genomics services and bring the draft contract back to Tynwald for public debate at its next sitting.

There's nothing more frustrating than parliamentary pussyfooting around. It resolves nothing and only serves the interests of the politicians concerned.................or perhaps that's all they wanted in the first place.

Most of the BS wording is convention and/or political correctness, isn't it? But you're right, saying what you mean should be the order of the day.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

It was in stock, I phoned ahead to save wasting time and the assistant who answered the phone physically walked to the area and confirmed they had three in stock.

Odd. Have you tried Screwfix as then tend to have live stock figures. I think you have to use the postcode IM2 to find the local branch as Douglas or Isle of Man don't seem to work.