IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

You'll note it is independent of the Cabinet Office not government. What part of the Terms of Reference are being objected to? It seems to me that collecting all of the information and putting it in some sort of order is where you start. Then you figure out what and how things went wrong. The report will clearly contain copies of original documentation etc. 

What is your solution? The The Lieutenant Governor? The Queen? UK government? The UN? Angry mob with pitchforks?

Police? 

Just saying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

A better motion would be something like Tynwald instructs DHSC to negotiate terms with Dr Glover for the provision of genomics services and bring the draft contract back to Tynwald for public debate at its next sitting.

...but would such a demanding motion pass?

Motion lost, message deleted.

I agree some are poorly worded.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Is there a briefing today?

8 minutes ago, jaymann said:

Not sure if already mentioned, but sadly another COVID death has occurred and just announced to Tynwald.

Probably will be a briefing due to the additional death. 

RIP. My thoughts are with their loved ones. 

ETA: I think HQ just said they'll do a news release and he's having a briefing tomorrow.

I keep jumping the gun today 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Zarley

24 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I don't know if I'm in 6 or 8. I should be in 6 as I've qualified for and had the yearly 'flu vaccine since I was in my early 40s. I rang my GP at half-eight and I'm hoping to hear back from them soon. 🤞

I figure they’re all busy enough and I’m not that bothered as long as I get it sometime in the next month or two  

62, hypertension, obese, asthmatic. Also qualify for the flu vaccine. Used to pay for it privately as I always seemed to get winter chest infections and then they found it was asthma. A bit fucked off about that but at least it explained why my lungs didn’t seem connected sometimes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I figure they’re all busy enough and I’m not that bothered as long as I get it sometime in the next month or two  

62, hypertension, obese, asthmatic. Also qualify for the flu vaccine. Used to pay for it privately as I always seemed to get winter chest infections and then they found it was asthma. A bit fucked off about that but at least it explained why my lungs didn’t seem connected sometimes. 

I hope you get yours soon too. 

A fair amount of my concern/impatience stems from needing to be able to look after my grandson as well as help his mum when the new baby's here in the next few weeks. Having the vaccine will put more than just my mind at ease. 

I apologised to the woman who answered the surgery's phone this morning, she said no problem, they were happy to help and understood people were wanting this information. 

6 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I hope you get yours soon too. 

A fair amount of my concern/impatience stems from needing to be able to look after my grandson as well as help his mum when the new baby's here in the next few weeks. Having the vaccine will put more than just my mind at ease. 

Thanks. We don’t have children or much family. Both retired, so not much has changed for us apart from me not going out with mates on a Friday. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Over 50s can now book vaccinations ONline in UK, are we still on 65/69 group? I’m 50+ so probably end April 

Banker, even you will feel a flood of relief and bon homie once you have received the vaccination.

Edited by Barlow

4 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes 😀waiting on Europe to announce details of travel requirements etc

You'll need a vaccination certificate for both surface and air carrier travel and for entry into foreign countries.

Then you'll find that the Manx-issued one isn't internationally recognised and will take 5 years to become so 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes 😀waiting on Europe to announce details of travel requirements etc

The European Commission has today proposed the introduction of Covid passport to allow 450 million Europeans to travel freely by summer.

The so-called Digital Green Certificates, which should be free of charge, will be delivered to EU residents who can prove they have been vaccinated, but also to those who have tested negative for the virus or have proof they have recovered from it.  "Being vaccinated will not be a precondition to travel," the commission said. "All EU citizens have a fundamental right to free movement in the EU and this applies regardless of whether they are vaccinated or not. The Digital Green Certificate will make it easier to exercise that right, also through testing and recovery certificates."

The plan will be discussed next week during a summit of EU leaders.

Southern European countries such as Greece and Spain have been pushing for the technology, although others – including France – argue that it is premature, and have expressed concerns regarding discrimination.

A number of countries, including Estonia, Romania and Georgia, are already waiving quarantine for non-EU arrivals who can prove they are fully vaccinated. Today, Iceland said it would open its borders to vaccinated foreigners.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gladys said:

I think children have to be the focus here, as there are quite a few out and about in groups.  Given that schools seem to have been the "super spreaders" (despite PM nearly having a new arse ripped out for him during lockdown 2) it does seem that they are the vectors and will easily transmit between homes. 

I see the decision has been made by law enforcement to subject those errant little swines to judicial process...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/nobles-park-group-to-face-judicial-process/

Hill Shepherd would be screaming for the birch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

I raised this a few days ago.  COVID is going to be with us for ever and ever just like flu, cancer, diabetes and mental health problems.  It is not going to be irradicated - there is always going to be some form of it that will, for (hopefully) an increasing minority of cases, will require hospitalisation just as some bronchial diseases do already - but this will be an additional load on the hospital bed provision, perhaps only half-a-dozen beds might be needed but on a permanent basis, that provision in terms of hardware and staffing needs to be planned for NOW.

Hopefully now someone can give thought to stopping the slow reduction in beds that Nobles has experienced since being built (including supposedly non NHS the private patients unit) and also recognise the necessity to recruit, retain and reward appropriately front line staff who are now going to be needed to deal with the backlog waiting lists.

It is just a shame we had to spend some £20 million on giving our health services to someone else to run that takes it one more step away from the public and those supposedly accountable for maintaining the islands health and safety.

That debate though is ?  for this afternoon, probably around tea time when hardly anyone listens to Tynwald I guess. Instead we are currently in the middle of the exit framework debate after HQ exit pathway speech which to me was just a reiteration of everything he has proclaimed over the last 3 months. Clearly the speech writers have been very busy.

They are all back at 2.30.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CallMeCurious said:

You'll note it is independent of the Cabinet Office not government. What part of the Terms of Reference are being objected to? It seems to me that collecting all of the information and putting it in some sort of order is where you start. Then you figure out what and how things went wrong. The report will clearly contain copies of original documentation etc. 

What is your solution? The The Lieutenant Governor? The Queen? UK government? The UN? Angry mob with pitchforks?

Surely last year IOMG sat around a table with the SPCo and the air carriers and together thrashed out robust SOP's that protected crew and passengers while delivering the service?

• Haha 3