IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

25 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

will be delivered to EU residents who can prove they have been vaccinated

At their current rate of vaccinations it might be ready for the summer 2022 season with Germany and France on the verge of 3rd waves.  I wouldn't think of booking anything.

I see that Greece are champing at the bit to open up their tourist trade; just wait for the first new COVID to be imported and the shutters will go up again in a blink of an eye.

1 hour ago, Utah 01 said:

I raised this a few days ago.  COVID is going to be with us for ever and ever just like flu, cancer, diabetes and mental health problems.  It is not going to be irradicated

What happened to SARS? I remember being in Canada when it kicked off and people were worried, but you don’t hear of it these days. Is it still around?

Think it was around the time of the first gulf war. 

15 minutes ago, quilp said:

I see the decision has been made by law enforcement to subject those errant little swines to judicial process...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/nobles-park-group-to-face-judicial-process/

Hill Shepherd would be screaming for the birch. 

They are kids and they are fed up of what is going on.

We were all young once. When I was young I wouldn't have given jack **** about all these regulations.

Yes of course they need to stay in line for a little bit longer and action needs to be taken to get them to comply -  but lets not forget that they are kids not adults and they DON'T know better.

4 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

At their current rate of vaccinations it might be ready for the summer 2022 season with Germany and France on the verge of 3rd waves.  I wouldn't think of booking anything.

I see that Greece are champing at the bit to open up their tourist trade; just wait for the first new COVID to be imported and the shutters will go up again in a blink of an eye.

You mean chomping?

17 minutes ago, quilp said:

I see the decision has been made by law enforcement to subject those errant little swines to judicial process...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/nobles-park-group-to-face-judicial-process/

Hill Shepherd would be screaming for the birch. 

It should be the parents who are subject to the "judicial process". 

Certainly don't have a down on children and youngsters, but they have to understand that the rules apply to them, and their parents should reinforce how important it is.  In a lockdown how can you allow your children to go out? Or, perhaps letting them go out gets them out from under your feet while you are WFH. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

They are kids and they are fed up of what is going on.

We were all young once. When I was young I wouldn't have given jack **** about all these regulations.

Yes of course they need to stay in line for a little bit longer and action needs to be taken to get them to comply -  but lets not forget that they are kids not adults and they DON'T know better.

So the police's aim is to educate. Excuse me but if the thick morons can't understand what is happening after 12 months then nothing is going to get through to them

• Like 4

Just now, Gladys said:

Certainly don't have a down on children and youngsters, but they have to understand that the rules apply to them, and their parents should reinforce how important it is.  In a lockdown how can you allow your children to go out? Or, perhaps letting them go out gets them out from under your feet while you are WFH. 

Well Fuckin Hammered ?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, P.K. said:

Surely last year IOMG sat around a table with the SPCo and the air carriers and together thrashed out robust SOP's that protected crew and passengers while delivering the service?

A couple of decades back, the CAA started  allowing airlines to take a greater role in regulating themselves in regards of operational safety. The airlines obviously had to commit to follow stringent protocols and accept frequent audits and inspections. These checks done by CAA inspectors have significant consequences for poor compliance.  Extrapolate that scenario to the IOMSPCo. IOMG apparently issued a direction notice to the IOMSPCo that was either poorly written, misunderstood or ignored. IOMG failed to audit and inspect the compliance with the said direction notice, which in effect meant they needn't have bothered issuing one in the first place. Now there's been a plane crash and the people who were supposed to ensure compliance are saying they want to just learn from it and move on. 

People have died, the economy is being trashed and all because some didn't do their jobs properly. We will move on, but there must be accountability.

Edited by madmanxpilot
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

A couple of decades back, the CAA started  allowing airlines to take a greater role in regulating themselves in regards of operational safety. The airlines obviously had to commit to follow stringent protocols and accept frequent audits and inspections. These checks done by CAA inspectors have significant consequences poor compliance.  Extrapolate that scenario to the IOMSPCo. IOMG apparently issued a direction notice to the IOMSPCo that was either poorly written, misunderstood or ignored. IOMG failed to audit and inspect the compliance with the said direction notice, which in effect meant they needn't have bothered issuing one in the first place. Now there's been a plane crash and the people who were supposed to ensure compliance are saying they want to just learn from it and move on. 

People have died, the economy is being trashed and all because some didn't do their jobs properly. We will move on, but there must be accountability.

Agree with your sentiments but you know there will never be any accountability . Its a trait of IOMG and the infrastructure . Come on , you know whats coming ......lessons have been learnt etc etc ...total bollocks and just a cop out , move along nothing to see here is the order of the day .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Peter Layman said:

So the police's aim is to educate. Excuse me but if the thick morons can't understand what is happening after 12 months then nothing is going to get through to them

Yes but Children are thick morons. Apparently a teenagers brain is akin to a adult who is mentally ill.

I do agree that the parents must take more responsibility but lets not start punishing kids for being thick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There comes a point when it’s upto the child to know the difference between right and wrong, if they’re old enough to be left at home on their own then they should be old enough to know better.

4 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

A couple of decades back, the CAA started  allowing airlines to take a greater role in regulating themselves in regards of operational safety. The airlines obviously had to commit to follow stringent protocols and accept frequent audits and inspections. These checks done by CAA inspectors have significant consequences poor compliance.  Extrapolate that scenario to the IOMSPCo. IOMG apparently issued a direction notice to the IOMSPCo that was either poorly written, misunderstood or ignored. IOMG failed to audit and inspect the compliance with the said direction notice, which in effect meant they needn't have bothered issuing one in the first place. Now there's been a plane crash and the people who were supposed to ensure compliance are saying they want to just learn from it and move on. 

Therein lies the problem, the CAA is a regulating authority.  IOMG is not.  Perhaps IMO should have been involved.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

In many Asian countries, you wear a mask when you're ill and in public out of social responsibility.

If there is something from the pandemic to keep, that might be it.

That might have been the hangover from the Spanish flu pandemic.