IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Telegraph is now reporting: 

EU divided on plan for Covid vaccine passport

The European Union has set out its plan for Covid vaccine certificates that could be used by UK holidaymakers this summer.

Digital Green Certificates will be accepted as "proof" that a person has had a Covid-19 jab, received a negative test result or recovered from the virus, according to the European Commission's proposal.

They will "facilitate safe and free movement" within the EU but could also be obtained by non-EU nationals in countries from where travel to the bloc is permitted.

The plan will be discussed next week during a summit of EU leaders.

However, vaccine passports are proving another contentious issue for the bloc, with Spain and Greece among those pushing for this boost to their tourist-dependent economies, while France has warned it could discriminate against the majority of people who have not been offered a vaccine.

Edited by Cassie2

2 minutes ago, Cassie2 said:

Telegraph is now reporting: EU divided on plan for Covid vaccine passport

The European Union has set out its plan for Covid vaccine certificates that could be used by UK holidaymakers this summer.

Digital Green Certificates will be accepted as "proof" that a person has had a Covid-19 jab, received a negative test result or recovered from the virus, according to the European Commission's proposal.

They will "facilitate safe and free movement" within the EU but could also be obtained by non-EU nationals in countries from where travel to the bloc is permitted.

The plan will be discussed next week during a summit of EU leaders.

However, vaccine passports are proving another contentious issue for the bloc, with Spain and Greece among those pushing for this boost to their tourist-dependent economies, while France has warned it could discriminate against the majority of people who have not been offered a vaccine.

Was that for those onboard the ISS to read?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

But also that they didn’t have to isolate 

Unless there's something in the link that included them and that they should have been adhering to? Plus  as your post, is that the up to date instruction or could it have been superceded?

1 minute ago, TerryFuchwit said:

I know.   It seems quite clear to me what they have to do.  I assume those hygiene protocols would then be dictated by IOMSPC in agreement with the government. 

If it is legit and the last advice given then why did Ewart and others think they have to isolate? I don’t understand it, if it was legit. What’s the point on an enquiry if the answer is they were told they didn’t have to isolate?

Just now, Happier diner said:

I'm afraid not. You would need to see the certificate of exemption given to the workers. This is nothing more than a memo to harbour workers.

Hmmm ... if I was a SPCo. worker and that’s all I’d been privy too it’s quite clear where the fault would sit.

I’m sure the ‘independent’ enquiry will get to the bottom of it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Old Git said:

If it is legit and the last advice given then why did Ewart and others think they have to isolate? I don’t understand it, if it was legit. What’s the point on an enquiry if the answer is they were told they didn’t have to isolate?

I'm not sure that is the final document though.

1 minute ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Was that for those onboard the ISS to read?

😄 I tried 3 times to reduce the size and change the colour from Red after a cut and paste. I managed the colour change to black no problem but changing the font size led to huge gaps between paragraphs. Sorry about that but I did do all I could short of re-typing it. 

Not sure why form matters to you more than substance but each to his own...........................😃

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

Hmmm ... if I was a SPCo. worker and that’s all I’d been privy too it’s quite clear where the fault would sit.

I’m sure the ‘independent’ enquiry will get to the bottom of it.

Yes but you have to remember that the law applies to the individual and not to the SPCo or the director of public health. 

Workers will have been given an entry certificate which would exempt them from parts of the regulation. The key point is what these exemptions were. 

The infamous welders had the same entry certificate. They were too thick to understand the significance of it. They ended up in prison. It wasn't their bosses fault. It was their fault. Well in the eyes of the law it was.